Time for a cocktail! (2 Viewers)

That show is still running strong huh?
Not so much...but I'm in until the end!
0329201914a~2.jpg

3oz wheated bourbon (Maker's is my fave)
.75 oz Demerara syrup
3-4 big dashes of Angostura bitters
Orange peel garnish

Stir at least 75 times so it's ice cold.

Inspired me to make an old fashioned but with maple syrup instead. Delicious even though I didn’t quite get to 75 stirs.

F3D067C1-BA91-4923-B7BE-FBA57284691D.jpeg

Lion’s tale ... pairing it with chicken coconut cream soup with soba noodles

What's everyone drinking tonight? I know we are drinking.

I am going to go get in a rainy jog and then figure out what I am mixing up!

Haven't decided yet, need to use up some citrus. Maybe a Gimlet or a Daiquiri will hit the spot!

Years ago there was a poker podcast of 2 British dudes playing STT online an podcasting them called PokerDiagram...they were among the first to 'stream' poker.....it was recorded 'as live' and then published...they were very funny and some of the shows still exist on archive.org.

https://web.archive.org/web/2006090...agram.nxtek.net:80/pokerdiagrampodcast031.mp3

By changing the '31' to about '09' to '39' you can still hear some of them......

(If anyone has copies of the non-existant ones I would love to hear them again....)

Anyway......

Their homemade concoction was called a Rum Lola....

Rum Lola (Rum)
appealing picture of a Rum Lola
The Rum Lola was first conceived following an evening at the pictures during which myself and my companions viewed Tom Tykwer's movie "Lola Rennt", released in the UK as "Run Lola Run".
Struck by the lead character's hair, a shade of red which I had been toying with trying myself, and in need of refreshment, we set about creating a drink of equally appealing hue. After some experimentation, the Rum Lola was born.

This drink may seem to have more ingredients than should be required for a beautifully simple cocktail, but I think the rather unique and coherent taste of this drink overcomes objections to its complexity.

Ingredients
4 parts dark rum
4 parts vodka
8 parts pink grapefruit juice
2 parts lime juice
2 parts cointreau
1 part grenadine.
Shake and serve in a chilled cocktail glass.

I think it's an old fashioned kind of night. Hopefully our local store has what i need.

so, what do i need (i have the bourbon covered)

I think it's an old fashioned kind of night. Hopefully our local store has what i need.

My recipe is:
One sugar cube in glass, add 2-3 luxardos and a slice of orange, add 2-4 dashes of orange bitters. Muddle the mixture. Add ice. Add 2.0 measures of bourbon or rye. Stir, drink. Repeat as needed

Obviously, the sugar cube is the traditional way to make an old fashioned.

However, here’s my recipe:

Get Demerara sugar, make a simple syrup. I actually make mine 1.5:1 sugar:water.

Peel a strip of orange zest. Pinch and rub on the inside of glass

1 teaspoon (maybe a touch more) Demerara syrup

3 dashes angostura bitters

Add ice, fill with rye (my preference) or bourbon.

Stir, garnish, and enjoy.

A whole slice of orange? Squeeze any of the juice into the glass. I think I like the lack of simple syrup. I'm not a sweets kind of guy.

A whole slice of orange? Squeeze any of the juice into the glass. I think I like the lack of simple syrup. I'm not a sweets kind of guy.
It’s all personal preference. Half to whole slice of orange, thinly cut, works. Muddling should take care of releasing the flavor and juices. I usually muddle one cherry with the mixture and then garnish with a couple more. But I love those luxardo cherries.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom