Thoughts on additional buttons? (1 Viewer)

Timmah

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
So I purchased some additional buttons with my Nevada Jack chips. I’m thinking about giving everyone an all in button so they don’t have to shove their actual stacks. But what are your thoughts on playing with some of the extra buttons? I thought giving each player a show ‘em chip would be fun. It could be used once per game to see what your opponent had. Also a rabbit hunt chip if they want to see the run out once. Rebuy chip for rebuy games. And of course having one bounty per game. Usually the person that draws the ace for seating.

IMG_2235.jpeg

These can bring a lot of fun to the game. Don’t use any you listed in cash games however I give each player a bomb pot chip to use at discretion whenever they are dealer.

Usually, it’s all ”moar chips” around here and I think a lot of folks like them, but I’m personally not a very big fan of a lot of the extras. You already bought them but you are asking for opinions so here are mine.

No:

All-in chips
- unnecessary. Just verbally declare and toss in any of the chips in play.
Bounty - adds a dimension to tournaments but I don’t see it making sense in a cashgame.
Show em - if everyone gets one each that’s a lot of not having to pay to see the hands in one night (less action).
Rebuy chips - could be useful in some instances (mainly tournaments) but usually unnecessary.
Rabbit hunt - slows the game down, don’t like it.

Yes:

Bomb pot
- however I think it’s better to have one button rotating in the opposite direction of the dealer button and doing a bomb pot whenever they’re in the same spot.
Seating chips - unnecessary? Yes, one might as well us cards but they’re not in the actual game so there’s no downside other than having to spend the money on them.
Nit button - meh actually. I do like the nit game but I think it should be played standing up instead.

I like bounty chips but only when everyone gets one in a tournament. If you end up not using them let me know, Ive got a barrel and would addon.

I wouldnt use any of the other buttons or chips. Maybe rabbit or show for a cash game I guess.

I only host cash games. I am not a fan of "Show'em" chips unless there are a few rules regarding them.

1. I don't think one person should have to show their hand more than once or twice. I was a new guy at a game a few years back. Every asshat at the table used them on me.

2. I think you should have to buy the "show'em" chips. $5 bucks per chip. At the end of the night you cash it in. If several are used against me, I can at least make a few bucks off of it if I don't want to use them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom