TheChipVault to release owners private stock collection (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna need more info. There are more than 5 denoms, and this will depend a lot on condition (as all of these discussions will). And worthless without photos!

IMG_4575.JPG
Gonna need more info. There are more than 5 denoms, and this will depend a lot on condition (as all of these discussions will). And worthless without photos!

I have 25, 100, 500, 1000 and 5000s. Condition EXCELLENT TO MINT.

First I was thinking, "Oh sweet maybe I'll pick something up." Then out plops a set that would exhaust my chip budget for the year and then some.

See you guys from the sidelines on this one.

First I was thinking, "Oh sweet maybe I'll pick something up." Then out plops a set that would exhaust my chip budget for the year and then some.

Oh shit, you actually have a chip budget? I thought you just posted inappropriate pictures and trolled the political threads ;)

Maybe something else will be in your 'oh sweet' range :)

Maybe something else will be in your 'oh sweet' range :)

Oh I'm sure a few things will be! I've always lusted over the Ritz. Began putting a set together waaaaaaaay back in the day, but ended up selling before I completed it.

Oh I'm sure a few things will be! I've always lusted over the Ritz. Began putting a set together waaaaaaaay back in the day, but ended up selling before I completed it.

Since you were putting one together can I get your Opinion on Price?

Like more than Vineyards a lot. The $500, $1k, and $5k are all 43mm.

I sold my set, but regret it very much. Will be watching.

I remeber some of these sold a while ago but cant remember the price. (way out of my price range, so I wasnt really paying too much attention to detail.) What do you guys think is the going rate for these these? And do we know how many were available of the different denoms? I assume the 5ks must be really rare

I remeber some of these sold a while ago but cant remember the price. (way out of my price range, so I wasnt really paying too much attention to detail.) What do you guys think is the going rate for these these? And do we know how many were available of the different denoms? I assume the 5ks must be really rare

My memory is foggy on the exact number on these but from what I remember the entire batch was VERY small for all denoms (especially compared to Casablanca). I will try to locate these in my records but I didn't likely keep them.

Since you were putting one together can I get your Opinion on Price?

Not a helpful one, unfortunately. It's been nearly a decade since I've owned more than a sample set of these.

As interesting as the discussion might be, I actually think you'll have an almost impossible time trying to come to a consensus on price given: (1) the extremely small sample of opinions that will be offered; (2) the interest those who do opine may have in purchasing.

Not to dissuade you at all from initiating the discussion. Those are just my own cynical thoughts.

Not a helpful one, unfortunately. It's been nearly a decade since I've owned more than a sample set of these.

As interesting as the discussion might be, I actually think you'll have an almost impossible time trying to come to a consensus on price given: (1) the extremely small sample of opinions that will be offered; (2) the interest those who do opine may have in purchasing.

Not to dissuade you at all from initiating the discussion. Those are just my own cynical thoughts.

1) surprised not to get a bunch of opinions.. any time I don't ask for one I get all the 'cynical' ones :)
2) not just looking for a buyer but just wanted to see what this discussion brings

not dissuaded at all .. and thank you for participating.

Though I have not owned these chips, my serious opinion is that they are worth what folks are willing/able to pay. Unless someone is currently blowing up your inbox willing to pay whatever, I say you either take private offers or have an auction with a reserve price. Obviously, you want incentive to sell, and if you don't get there, hold onto them until the wallets replenish.

1) surprised not to get a bunch of opinions.. any time I don't ask for one I get all the 'cynical' ones :)
2) not just looking for a buyer but just wanted to see what this discussion brings

not dissuaded at all .. and thank you for participating.

I'll gladly participate in the discussion. I just don't know anything at all about the Ritz chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom