TheChipVault to release owners private stock collection (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, here goes.....

$3000, and not a penny more. That's all they are worth to me, and that's pushing it. And the only reason I would even make an offer is to flip them to somebody who wanted them badly enough to pay more but missed their chance at these. I have zero interest in owning a set myself.

One of the most overrated sets in all of chipping history imo. I can think of at least a dozen sets with more appeal to me personally, nearly all of which are 'valued' at much, much less. With the too-busy gaudy oversize inlays, these are a classical example of a major waste of some great-looking clay slugs.

There.... somebody had to say it. And.I'm not alone with my opinion of the Ritz chips, either.

Late to update topic...I agree with Dave
I guess more then a few nice batches of chîps came available and it has hurt their value.

Sure, for the avid collector they could be worth more coin....but like stated fugly GIANT inlays.
For the true chip lover (not the commodity's approach) there are are beter options available for that cash.

Or who would prefer 500 of these chips vs let's say 2000 mint TRK's ?

I think the best way to sell them is to put them up for auction. Starting price at the lowest price you feel comfortable selling them at so be that 1k or 3k just start it at that and let the market determine what they are worth.

I just remember the @liftapint sale from Bentax also linked. I assume this price point would be fair also with a less optimal breakdown, considering that set sold in less than a day. (I still cant understand how some of you crazy highrollas:cool: can put up 6000$+ on the spot though, but thats another topic)

Look what I found:

5000.00 997
1000.00 2000
500.00 2997
100.00 3982
25.00 7850
---------------------------------------------
Total chips 16,829

That was the total buy @ovo

Last edited:
I think the best way to sell them is to put them up for auction. Starting price at the lowest price you feel comfortable selling them at so be that 1k or 3k just start it at that and let the market determine what they are worth.

Thats true. But the deep pockets may also want to wait to find out whats behind Door 2-5 before blowing their christmas bonuses.

....One of the most overrated sets in all of chipping history imo. I can think of at least a dozen sets with more appeal to me personally, nearly all of which are 'valued' at much, much less. With the too-busy gaudy oversize inlays, these are a classical example of a major waste of some great-looking clay slugs....

Agreed. I've played at the Ritz a few times, and even that doesn't increase their appeal to me.

But there are plenty of people who really love them, so it could get interesting!

Total chips 16,829

Well, that's about the same number of GCOP chips produced, at roughly the same initial cost.

Both sets are highly desired by many collectors, and rarely come up for sale.

The GCOP chips are 'valued' at between $2 and $4 each, depending on denomination.

Last edited:
A better approach might be a reverse auction, where the starting bid is high ($10,000?), and the price drops periodically until either sombody buys them or the seller pulls the set and ends the auction.

A better approach might be a reverse auction, where the starting bid is high ($10,000?), and the price drops periodically until either sombody buys them or the seller pulls the set and ends the auction.

A Dutch auction I think they call that. Not a bad idea Dave!

Agree, good idea. But I imagine you could start it at $6500, and not miss out on a penny.

I appreciate all the suggestions on how to run the sale but that wasn't up for discussion :)

BTW I didn't mean this as any kind of comment on this thread, just as a tongue-in-cheek mangling of the WarGames reference.

No worries... only after years of being on chip forums (and then some years away) have I developed thick skin to comments :)

Auctions (Dutch or otherwise) limits the value to the highest price a PCF'er will pay at that particular moment. I believe TheChipRoom (how is it that there's a vendor I don't know by real name) was planning to sell them on his website, which would allow them to be viewed by more people over an indefinite period of time, thus gathering the best possible price.

I heard that app melted down when the Chiproom relisted Horshoe $1s with no household minimums at .59 each. Now its on a perpetual tic-tac-toe loop like Joshua in War Games.

Greatest post of the year.

Rainman: "I want the value of the Ritz, WOPR"

WOPR: (lights flashing, buzzing, beeping) "How...about...a nice game....of chess?"

100x horseshoe $100 ......@ $? Each
100 x horseshoe. $500.......@ $? Each
100 x Horseshoe $1000..... @ $ ? Each
100 x Horseshoe $5000. @ $ ? Each
100 x Horsehoe. $25000. @ $ ? Each
Total ????

100 x ritz $500. @$1500
100x ritz $1000. @ $1500
100 x ritz $5000. @$2200
$2 a chip for the quarters $6 a chip for the hundos

About $6 grand

Late to update topic...I agree with Dave
I guess more then a few nice batches of chîps came available and it has hurt their value.

Sure, for the avid collector they could be worth more coin....but like stated fugly GIANT inlays.
For the true chip lover (not the commodity's approach) there are are beter options available for that cash.

Or who would prefer 500 of these chips vs let's say 2000 mint TRK's ?

Fugly ? No Chips for you ! Go back down the cellar and listen to your ABBA cassettes

Look what I found:

5000.00 997
1000.00 2000
500.00 2997
100.00 3982
25.00 7850
---------------------------------------------
Total chips 16,829

That was the total buy @ovo

Cool info.

Just out of curiosity, wasn't there also other denoms available? I think I saw some lower denoms as well.

No.. only 5 denoms. If more were out there then they were harvested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom