The West Wing Commemorative Chip Set (1 Viewer)

Broadway Str8ght

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I was thinking about how much I love the show & the fact that it will soon be 20 years since it was on our screens & so I was wondering because I am also a poker nut if any arty fellow chip collectors had any suggestions on a classy west wing themed poker chip design that encapsulates the class, wisdom & elegance of the show.

TL;DR Looking for a classy west wing inspired poker chip design for a custom commemorative set.

I was thinking about how much I love the show & the fact that it will soon be 20 years since it was on our screens & so I was wondering because I am also a poker nut if any arty fellow chip collectors had any suggestions on a classy west wing themed poker chip design that encapsulates the class, wisdom & elegance of the show.

TL;DR Looking for a classy west wing inspired poker chip design for a custom commemorative set.

Did a TL;DR after a single sentence.

If we don’t have enough attention span to read a sentence, we’re doomed.

I only made it about 1.5 seasons through the show. Everyone seemed to be speaking from a pedestal. I thought Sorkins "News Room" was much better even though it was a similar tone.

Maybe focus the chips on the white house and surrounding landmarks? Similar to a PNY set?

I only made it about 1.5 seasons through the show. Everyone seemed to be speaking from a pedestal. I thought Sorkins "News Room" was much better even though it was a similar tone.

Maybe focus the chips on the white house and surrounding landmarks? Similar to a PNY set?
Well now we know what happened to @jbutler

edited
I should save such comments for the politics board

Last edited:
Well now we know what happened to @jbutler

not quite. I believe he pretty much disliked everything Sorkin did. I liked WW. Just not enough to continue watching it. I loved News Room. So much that I plan on re watching it at some point with my wife.

edited
I should save such comments for the politics board

good call

So I figure you have two ways of going about this.

1 - You can do a specific white house theme where different rooms are featured.
- Cabinet Room
- Oval Office
- The Queens Bedroom (Given that you're from the UK)
- Family Dining Room
- Outside picture of the White House
2 - As aforementioned, the White House itself and surrounding monuments. More of a DC theme really.

I'm stuck at home with strep, so I made these.

West_Wing_DC_Mockup.png

- Cabinet Room
- Oval Office
- Family Dining Room
2 - As aforementioned, the White House itself and surrounding monuments. More of a DC theme really.

View attachment 134454
These are both solid ideas for a themed set and have potential to be quite nice. The toughest thing might be finding the right picture for each room/monument. That could actually make or break the set.

The toughest thing might be finding the right picture for each room/monument. That could actually make or break the set.

Very much so. I don't like that image of the White House very much, but it was the only one I could find in short order that might accept a denom.

This type of set may be perfect for a two sided inlay. 1 & 1/6 for sure.

- Cabinet Room
- Oval Office
- Family Dining Room

View attachment 134454
I think it could be even better to focus on the Monuments of DC, there are already three in there. Then you leave out the WH and Congress.

Here's my go for a direction for the room based set.

.25 Queens Room
1 - White House
5 - Cabinet Room
20 - Oval Office
100 - Briefing Room

index.png

The Queen's room is obviously an odd duck compared to the rest of the group, but it looks good with a pink frac. :)

Personally after seeing the both, I think it would be easier to pull off the White House plus monuments, but it all comes do to your preference.

I think the monuments like the White House and Lincoln look cooler as central images than the rooms. Rooms on their own kind of lack life/personality imo.

If it's really a West Wing tribute set, why not just have a $1K chip with Leo Spencer on it (since he's dead it'll never see play) and every other denomination featuring Josh Lyman? A Bradley Whitford tribute set would be FAWESOME (except when I say "fawesome", I really just mean "retarded").

Last edited:
I remember many years back sitting at my parents house with a roomful of friends waiting for my brother's scene to show up on an episode of The West Wing. We saw him in the background of a scene (someone cut his tie to give to a main character), then all of a sudden he was gone. All his lines got cut! lol, we were so bummed out :( Good times, good times

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom