The Watch Thread (7 Viewers)

@Perthmike bought a similar watch from the same company and I really liked it. After a nice win I drunkenly decided to buy one as well. I prefer a cheapo rubber band over the nice leather band though.

5ED1CF89-096F-432F-82F8-E3576A535C86.jpeg
2979A308-6284-4C3D-957C-385B81280FFA.jpeg

Last edited:
After recommending this watch to @Lemonzest I started to feel major FOMO… So here we are. The original strap from 1977 was crumbling everywhere so it had to go, can’t wait to get a new one and put this beauty on my wrist! :love:

I have not been this excited about chips in a long, long time. Sorry, chips. :LOL: :laugh:

0668C127-D8E6-4F69-BCC8-11AB85352F87.jpeg

After recommending this watch to @Lemonzest I started to feel major FOMO… So here we are. The original strap from 1977 was crumbling everywhere so it had to go, can’t wait to get a new one and put this beauty on my wrist! :love:

I have not been this excited about chips in a long, long time. Sorry, chips. :LOL: :laugh:

View attachment 1124880
Vintage Seikos are the bees knees. One of my favorite watches is the Seiko Panda, ref. 6138-8020. Hard to find them with original parts though...

Awesome to see two of my favorite things come together in one place, I don't think the watch forum had any poker chip threads, lol. Now my question is, anyone into keyboards here? lol

I can't for the life of me get this image to rotate. It's the right orientation on my computer. Flipping it 90 - 270 degrees doesn't change how it uploads here. weird.

I can't for the life of me get this image to rotate. It's the right orientation on my computer. Flipping it 90 - 270 degrees doesn't change how it uploads here. weird.

View attachment 1126274
Oh, I love Anordain. They really do make some of the best dials out there. I've wanted one for a while but never seem to be in the market when they have one I want available. Pink and purple are both amazing. Other companies that have similar dials are waaaaay out of my range (Moser, MB&F, etc.)

Hey peeps!! Not an immediate need, but I'm saving up for my retirement gift to myself. :) I'm interested in a watch that meets the following parameters:
  • Movement = mechanical (automatic)
  • Case size = 40mm - 47mm
  • Dial color MUST BE = Ice Blue (some light blues might be acceptable)
  • Case Material = gold (not white gold)
  • Country of origin: the chip snob in me prefers Swiss, but I can be convinced of others I suspect.
  • Price: <$15k maybe...LOL. looking to buy used in excellent condition. I suppose I could sell some chips and push $20k for the PERFECT watch.
  • Prefer chronograph, but would consider others.
Here are some that are close, but no gold option with the ice or light blue dial. Breitling has a silver dial gold option on their Navitimer B01 that is beautiful.

Screenshot_20230504_113507_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20230504_113402_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20230504_113731_eBay.jpg

This little known company (below) has a gold option, but I can't even afford the non gold option...LOL!!

Screenshot_20230504_113607_eBay.jpg

You’re asking for an odd combo- the gold case/blue dial in particular, making it a jumbo watch makes it even harder- that’s not a popular modern option outside the 6-figure watch world (AP). Here’s the full list of options on Chrono24 given your parameters:
IMG_5779.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom