The Watch Thread (4 Viewers)

I’d rather just wear a flavor flav clock around my neck then put up with the arrogance inherent in this Machiavellian process. Fuck that.
I flew on a regional jet with Flavor Flav once. Had the clock and everything. There's a reason he wears shades. Dude got hit with the ugly stick BAD.

OK, tell me I shouldn't like these as much as I do. I'm really into the purple on purple. These are the new Christopher Ward C1 Bel Canto models. Cost $3600 for leather band and just under $4k for titanium bracelet. Its an automatic with a chime and 38 hour power reserve.
View attachment 1045587View attachment 1045588

Anytime I see a watch with some unique color dial I ask myself what would I wear it with and how often am I going to wear it. If that works for you that’s fine, but all this flavor flav talk and picture him with one of these

Finally able to post something in this thread! My Christmas gift to myself,
EDE4773C-DEE5-4722-9D45-3B06F48C7030.jpeg

I flew on a regional jet with Flavor Flav once. Had the clock and everything. There's a reason he wears shades. Dude got hit with the ugly stick BAD.
Ha! I too was on a flight with Flavor Flav - DFW - LAS. He was in First and went beat bopping down the aisle giving him fives while people yelled out "Flava Flav". Same outfit, clock and all.

Ha! I too was on a flight with Flavor Flav - DFW - LAS. He was in First and went beat bopping down the aisle giving him fives while people yelled out "Flava Flav". Same outfit, clock and all.
I was on a baltimore to vegas flight with him. A long flight and he was drinking the entire time. By the end of the flight he was trashed. He made the flight very fun. Kept yelling Yeah Boyeee and tried to hookup with the flight attendant.

Last edited:
You convinced me to order these. One for my speedy and one for my Stowa. The foldover always bugged me about NATOs, and these are a two-piece NATO so solves that issue.View attachment 1053727View attachment 1053728

Sometimes i dont like the double strap on the bottom of a nato so i just cut it off. the whole point of the strap weaving through the lugs is to keep from losing the watch if one of the pins pops out.

Sometimes i dont like the double strap on the bottom of a nato so i just cut it off. the whole point of the strap weaving through the lugs is to keep from losing the watch if one of the pins pops out.
We’re they not also for fixed lugs?

I am very surprised $10 straps go on Speedmasters. Not that it’s a bad thing, I’m just new to watches and would have assumed straps were a bigger deal.

A Tissot Gentleman Powermatic 80 on a bracelet should be finding its way to my house next week, very excited for my “first” watch. I’ll post pics next week.

Also, just because flava Flav is one of the few celebrities I’ve ever seen in my life and actually recognized I’ve got a story:

I was at Disneyland 15 or 20 years ago and I can see a dude walking towards me and in my head I go “holy shit this guy is committed to the flavor flave look, he’s got a clock and all”. As we get closer I realize it is actually flavor Flav and I go “no way” he looks at me, nods, smiles huge, and goes “HNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!!!”” as he walks by. Lol love it. I was psyched all night. .

Finally able to post something in this thread! My Christmas gift to myself,
View attachment 1047282
I'm a total newb on the whole watch scene, so curious how well they hold their value over time? I imagine there are certain brands that do better than others.

@Perthmike I think we have very similar tastes in both poker chips and watches! Although, really not sure I want to follow you down the rabbit hole of the latter! :bigbucks:
I just recalled this post from your last year lol. Are you telling me this is your first real dip in the pond?

Lovely choice, that dial is so awesome. A very nice variation on the traditional speedy dial.

I hope you enjoy it for years to come.

I just recalled this post from your last year lol. Are you telling me this is your first real dip in the pond?

Lovely choice, that dial is so awesome. A very nice variation on the traditional speedy dial.

I hope you enjoy it for years to come.

That is correct! lol. I spent a lot of time researching and flip-flopping on which watch I wanted and then when I did finally make a decision, the timing wasn't right (multiple times).

In the end, I fell in love which the Omega's but still had trouble deciding on the model; I went with my gut and bought the white dial that initially won me over. I am thoroughly enjoying the watch. However, I do lust for a black dial version now!

I wanted to add a cool three-hander to my collection, initially was looking at some solar watches to keep with the theme. Ended up getting an automatic Seiko Actus SS from 1976, so the quartz-haters are free to like this post I guess... :p;)

The watch has a faceted crystal, which I didn’t know even existed LOL. Very minimal cosmetic wear, almost like new condition. I will need to replace the bracelet though as it’s a bit too tight.

83B066C6-F5A9-40A3-8AA8-B2F397E010BE.jpeg

My Oceanus came with a Ti bracelet, but I felt it made the watch too blingy for me. I immediately got an Oceanus branded leather strap with clasp to use instead, but it was originally meant for an older, cheaper Oceanus model and the black strap just looked a bit dull compared to my watch. Now I have upgraded to a genuine lizard strap in dark cobalt blue and put the Oceanus clasp on it. :cool

AB3A4DAA-01C3-45E4-8007-CD0CECFC7009.jpeg

93416449-81EF-422E-B0A6-36740D6138F2.jpeg

Forgot to post my new Hamilton. Bought it for my wedding day coming in the summer, but ended up pulling the trigger before the price went up. Had this watch on my mind for a few years and this felt like the right time to get my first higher end watch.

Feat. @Pippa 's VLVs in the background.

PXL_20230128_040522998~2.jpg

I've really got to find some less expensive hobbies....

I am very surprised $10 straps go on Speedmasters. Not that it’s a bad thing, I’m just new to watches and would have assumed straps were a bigger deal.

A Tissot Gentleman Powermatic 80 on a bracelet should be finding its way to my house next week, very excited for my “first” watch. I’ll post pics next week.
Pics?

I just ordered one of these in the new ice blue as a daily classy work watch, excited to see it in person.
T137.407.11.351.00_2.png

Forgot to post my new Hamilton. Bought it for my wedding day coming in the summer, but ended up pulling the trigger before the price went up. Had this watch on my mind for a few years and this felt like the right time to get my first higher end watch.

Feat. @Pippa 's VLVs in the background.

View attachment 1096162

I've really got to find some less expensive hobbies....

Oh man I really like that. What model ref#

Is it the intramatic chrono?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom