The Watch Thread (2 Viewers)

Looks like I’m back to wearing watches on the regular, but with a strong emphasis on low-maintenance.

View attachment 1028586

View attachment 1028587
I’ve kept on wearing watches, but somewhere along the way, I switched from my nice watches to my Apple Watch. What used to be my sport watch is not my primary. Because I went from suits to hoodies, the dressier watches seem out of place, so it makes sense they sit. But I find it’s the small things I miss when I don’t have my Apple Watch on, so the others sit. Stoped me from buying the last two watches I wanted, and I might actually cut down my collection. The good news out of this, is I’m not currently redirecting money I’d be spending on nice watches or suits to something much more practical- poker chips! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I’ve kept on wearing watches, but somewhere along the way, I switched from my nice watches to my Apple Watch. What used to be my sport watch is not my primary. Because I went from suits to hoodies, the dressier watches seem out of place, so it makes sense they sit. But I find it’s the small things I miss when I don’t have my Apple Watch on, so the others sit. Stoped me from buying the last two watches I wanted, and I might actually cut down my collection. The good news out of this, is I’m not currently redirecting money I’d be spending on nice watches or suits to something much more practical- poker chips! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Sell me a Sub 40mm if you have one. Lol

20221207_133404.jpg

All the green stuff

I’ll admit to being a bit of a Tag Heuer fanboy.

Direct from Japan via Chrono24 - a 2010 Aquaracer 41mm Calibre 5 Day-Date Maui Limited Edition, one of 700 made (reference WAF2012).

The mother-of-pearl dial is unique in each watch and changes appearance with the shifting light. Love it!

66588958-2073-41AF-A711-2968C9170DD0.jpeg

FEE39CA4-A1B2-4D0F-83F3-F54EEE5817C9.jpeg

307E9E1A-460E-4CBA-9090-0E20CEEA397B.jpeg

3ECEEF29-17C1-4F63-9A33-2F760045EE05.jpeg

So these are both solar watches, the G-Shock sets its time via a bluetooth app and the Oceanus via radio waves (in my case a broadcasting tower in Germany). Both are accurate down to a T, the seconds change in sync. :LOL: :laugh:

20FDCA41-4356-4464-8B10-7D1EEED0739E.jpeg

I may need a solar GPS watch to complete the trifecta… :unsure:

Spoke to my rep yesterday and popped into the store today to enquire about my chances of maybe a sub (which I've been on the fake list for two years lol) or green datejust.

I've received an OP, YM and new Air King in the last 18 months, so I've done ok. But the air king took a bundle deal to obtain. But I wanted the Panerai so I was happy to do it.

Initially told I'd go on the list, we all know what that means, so I said ok well I'm also interested in an IWC pilot mark xx, which you have in stock. Perhaps we could do a similar transaction like we did for the air king last time.

Got told no, and that I need to rebuild my profile before I get any further Rolex allocation.

Guess i'm back to being a pleb. Rolex games are alive and well.

British Military, I believe they reissue them now but the one's I have are stamped '82 during the Falkland War.
These are cool. I've always liked the dirty dozen watches but have never found a decent one for what I wanted to pay.

Spoke to my rep yesterday and popped into the store today to enquire about my chances of maybe a sub (which I've been on the fake list for two years lol) or green datejust.

I've received an OP, YM and new Air King in the last 18 months, so I've done ok. But the air king took a bundle deal to obtain. But I wanted the Panerai so I was happy to do it.

Initially told I'd go on the list, we all know what that means, so I said ok well I'm also interested in an IWC pilot mark xx, which you have in stock. Perhaps we could do a similar transaction like we did for the air king last time.

Got told no, and that I need to rebuild my profile before I get any further Rolex allocation.

What an absolute joke. I put my name on "the list" probably over 2 years ago for a Pepsi GMTII and pretty sure I will sit on there until I'm about 90. Not only that but there are probably 3 or 4 Rolexs that I would be happy to purchase and they wouldnt even let me register an interest in more than 1. I just don't even think about it anymore. There are a ton of small watch makers that I'd look to get from before "building my profile" at an AD.

What’s the appeal of getting a watch that you’re going to wear brand new from an AD? Watch box and Chrono24 offer me lots of things I don’t have be “allowed” to buy.

Full disclosure I’ve never bought a new car either.

I’d rather just wear a flavor flav clock around my neck then put up with the arrogance inherent in this Machiavellian process. Fuck that.

So I gotta tell you, I took a chance on some cheap watches out of Ukraine. They are now my favorite wear around/beat up watches. $150 each off eBay, so I suspect they don't keep time very well, but they work and I love wearing them.

View attachment 1039863
If you want to do some research on the movements, these look like Molnija 3602. They don't have shock protection on the balance wheel so more likely to get damaged by a hard knock or drop.

Here's some history on the 3603 (same movement with shock protection): https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/topic/8074-molnija-3603-3602-anti-shock-rolex-1940s/

I’d rather just wear a flavor flav clock around my neck then put up with the arrogance inherent in this Machiavellian process. Fuck that.
Yeah I'm done with it now, but I managed to make it work for me for a while. Im not opposed to playing games to win prizes lol.

OK, tell me I shouldn't like these as much as I do. I'm really into the purple on purple. These are the new Christopher Ward C1 Bel Canto models. Cost $3600 for leather band and just under $4k for titanium bracelet. Its an automatic with a chime and 38 hour power reserve.
Screenshot 2022-12-22 145631.png
Screenshot 2022-12-22 145610.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom