Official PCF Keyboard Thread (1 Viewer)

Rbonus012

Full House
Reaction score
What's up PCF! Just like you all I have other hobbies besides poker chips *I hope*. I happen to fall down the rabbit hole of custom keyboards. I am always at my computer for either work/browsing/gaming. Decided a while ago I wanted to upgrade my setup. The rest is history from there. I currently have 5 builds that I have put together. Some are entry level while others are mid range/"grail" to me at least. I'd love to know if anyone else has interest in this hobby and if they have built anything!

I will list the specs of the boards I have built with a picture or two of the completed keyboard. Enjoy!

Keyboard: Rama U80
Keycaps: GMK Mudbeam
Switches: Prevail Epsilon (Lubed + Filmed)
Stabilizers: Durock v2 (lubed with krytox 205g0)

unnamed (3).jpg

Keyboard: Drop CTRL
Keycaps: GMK Dracula
Switches: Alpacas (Lubed with krytox 205g0 + Filmed)

unnamed (4).jpg

Keyboard: Glorious GMMK Pro
Keycaps: GMK Ishtar
Switches: Gateron milky yellow (Lubed with krytox 205g0 + Filmed)
Stabilizers: Stock

unnamed (2).jpg

Keyboard: Keychron Q3
Keycaps: GMK Blue Samurai
Switches: Sangria (Lubed with krytox 205g0 + Filmed)

unnamed.jpg

Keyboard: NK87
Keycaps: GMK Hennessey
Switches: NK Cream (Lubed with krytox 205g0)
Stabilizers: Durock v2 (Lubed with krytox 205g0)

unnamed (1).jpg

Didn’t know this was a thing! I do need a need key cap for the D key on my Lenovo Legion 5i laptop, though, so let me know if you have a supplier to suggest.

I use this with mechanical keys you can hear across the street
Big AS connector and all :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 908083
You wouldn't believe how much this would sell for, people go ham for it!

This is my daily driver, 60 split; I'm looking for a 40 ortho split to replace it with. It says qwerty but its really workman =)

20220508_205815-01.jpeg

I have a nice kit from Mass drop before they changed the name, I just can't seemed to be bothered with putting it together lol. I do like the first one.

Damn you @Rbonus012, sending me down yet another hobby rabbit hole. Since I saw this thread I’ve watched 50 keyboard videos and just dropped $100 on tools, grease, lube, keycaps, etc. :rolleyes:

Haha, It’s a labor of love! Definitely not a fast process but once you complete your first build and get to use it everyday it’s all worth it!

This is 100% me. I'm one of those two finger typers.

I do use a Mechanical Keyboard Disco tenkeyless, but it's not custom. I appreciate the work that went into those, it's a rabbit hole I'm not willing to go down.
View attachment 908647
Me as well. I’m so uninterested in computers and tech in general, I couldn’t tell you the last time I used a keyboard that wasn’t on my phone. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Between work, poker, chips, cars, cigars, wine, the occasional round of golf and old Seinfeld reruns, I just don’t have anytime to sit in front of a computer screen. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
1652152483008.gif

I'm quite the opposite actually. I love tech, especially computers, speakers, receivers. I hate cellphones, especially typing on one. If I could go back to 2000 where phones weren't really a thing I wouldn't complain. I digress, I spend entirely too much time at my PC. Mechanical keyboards are the shit lol :D Click click clickety click click

Keyboard: Glorious GMMK Pro

Keycaps: GMK Ishtar

Switches: Gateron milky yellow (Lubed with krytox 205g0 + Filmed)

Stabilizers: Stock

Any issues with the rotary knob on this guy?

I haven’t had any issue with it yet. I actually think it’s a solid board for the price. The only thing I dislike about it is it has north facing LED lights as opposed to south facing. This can cause some interference with certain keycaps. Haven’t had any issue with GMK keycaps though.

I haven’t had any issue with it yet. I actually think it’s a solid board for the price. The only thing I dislike about it is it has north facing LED lights as opposed to south facing. This can cause some interference with certain keycaps. Haven’t had any issue with GMK keycaps though.
Cool cool, good to know, thanks!

I knew i won't be the only who's into both keyboards and chips.

I got a set of Carbon and a set of godspeed, on top of a couple of dyesub xdas, will post pictures tomorrow.

Splitting funds between two hobbies with no end in sight is gonna be tough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom