The Redneck Poker Card Database (3 Viewers)

The faces on mine look pretty similar, but have a different design on the back and a different code on the Ace of Spades. Code is 100804 on my Ace.

20220303_102017.jpg

It’s been over a year. Safe to say @Dix is gone? Did anybody know him?
Anyway, I’d like to thank Dix for his efforts here. This sort of resource falls somewhere in the food, water, oxygen level to me. I refer to it frequently, not just for the invaluable raw data, but also for all the commentary, his and others’. Thanks Dix. Where ever you are, I hope you’re hitting every flop and getting paid off for your monsters.

It’s been over a year. Safe to say @Dix is gone? Did anybody know him?
Anyway, I’d like to thank Dix for his efforts here. This sort of resource falls somewhere in the food, water, oxygen level to me. I refer to it frequently, not just for the invaluable raw data, but also for all the commentary, his and others’. Thanks Dix. Where ever you are, I hope you’re hitting every flop and getting paid off for your monsters.
I tried to contact him, even persuaded one of local members to check on him personally....
No luck. Are there any other ways to check on someone's whereabouts in USA? @Dix input on cards was irreplaceable...

I tried to contact him, even persuaded one of local members to check on him personally....
No luck. Are there any other ways to check on someone's whereabouts in USA? @Dix input on cards was irreplaceable...
I think it's just a matter of whether people in here knew him outside of PCF. Had his phone number, address or played live poker with him. But sounds like that was not the case. It makes me sad that we might never know what happened to him.

If anyone knows his actual full name, they could do a Google search to see if there's an obituary.

Joe and I discussed this a long time ago....I tried every possible way to get in contact with Dix.
No dice...

I'm afraid he became a victim of Covid and he didn't just leave PCF.
He was also into snow mobiles and people on that forum were also looking for him.
I even contacted a few neighbours via Facebook but no reply back.

He was a great guy and big asset for PCF....

Joe and I discussed this a long time ago....I tried every possible way to get in contact with Dix.
No dice...

I'm afraid he became a victim of Covid and he didn't just leave PCF.
He was also into snow mobiles and people on that forum were also looking for him.
I even contacted a few neighbours via Facebook but no reply back.

He was a great guy and big asset for PCF....
Agreed. Not much you or @surfik could do beyond try to contact him since you're outside this country. Sounds like you have already done a lot. I just wonder if anyone has ever mailed things to him. Those people should have a full name and an address which should allow for a more thorough online search, if they wanted to. Not really surprising if neighbors didn't reply as they don't know you and probably figured it was none of your business.

Agreed. Not much you or @surfik could do beyond try to contact him since you're outside this country. Sounds like you have already done a lot. I just wonder if anyone has ever mailed things to him. Those people should have a full name and an address which should allow for a more thorough online search, if they wanted to. Not really surprising if neighbors didn't reply as they don't know you and probably figured it was none of your business.
I have his full name and address. Nothing came up on my end.

Same here...have full name & addy.
Sad story :(

Why would one assume he succumbed to COVID??? Literally millions of other possible reasons. Based on his last few posts I had surmised it was likely he was simply annoyed with several members here he had engaged with on non poker conversations.

Why would one assume he succumbed to COVID??? Literally millions of other possible reasons. Based on his last few posts I had surmised it was likely he was simply annoyed with several members here he had engaged with on non poker conversations.
Being annoyed by a few people really isn't a reason to leave a community. They can just be blocked anyways.

Was he banned? No option to PM and when you enter his name the there is no autofill option. Doesn't that typically mean a ban?

Was he banned? No option to PM and when you enter his name the there is no autofill option. Doesn't that typically mean a ban?
Maybe that or private settings on. Not sure why people turn on don't allow PM. Seems to lose some potential deals.

I believe when someone has been inactive for a period of time that you're unable to PM them.

I don't believe anyone assumed that he did, only suggested that might be a possibility.

Maybe but that seemed to be the main “possibility” suggested. My gut is it was a choice. At least I hope
Given the brain washing we've undergone the past two years, that's just at the forefront of a lot of people's minds, so it often gets thrown out as a first suggestion.

I also highly doubt he left by choice based solely on that final conversation he was engaged in. Usually the thin skinned ones that resort to blocking and storming away in a tizzy when they disagree with someone else's opinion are the ones on the other side of that particular topic.

It absolutely could be IMO. Even if it isn’t going right to “he succumbed to COVID” seems a bit extreme.
There are some signs...
I tried to call him.. Voice mail
According to internet his mail haven't been used since December 2021.
His home adress changed ownership...
@tabletalker7

I think it's just a matter of whether people in here knew him outside of PCF. Had his phone number, address or played live poker with him. But sounds like that was not the case. It makes me sad that we might never know what happened to him.

If anyone knows his actual full name, they could do a Google search to see if there's an obituary.
@ktran I'm having difficulty figuring out what was funny about this... :mad:

Yeah I'm a trying to clear what Modiano is which. One the first page of this thread Modiano Texas Poker is 20 flex and the other chart of Dix just says all Modiano exc. Platinum and Element. The other thread has a more recent updated edit date. I'm guessing it was mixed in with those with 19.5 flex? @TX_Golf_N_Poker you ever get to try the retail Modiano?

I don’t believe there are 20 flex modianos. I’ve handled many/most/all modianos except for platinums, and none of them have been flexier than KEMs, in my unmeasured opinion.
Idk it's on the first page of this thread and the other Dix chart it's 19.5. Dix chart seems to be right so far when I was comparing cards.

I feel like some cards are more flexible because of their thickness/thinness, and others are more flexible because of their material. I’ve only handled Da Vinci cards, made by Modiano, once or twice and they seem rather thin and are flexible because of that. The Cartamundi Bravos seem in that camp too. They feel thin and somewhat flimsy.

KEMs on the other hand are not super thin but feel very flexible. I’d like them the best if they didn’t bow or crack on me at the drop of a hat. I’ve given up on them purely due to upkeep/maintenance reasons.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom