The Menagerie

BarrieJ3

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our pets Arya and Princess were also saved from the street. And as you'll see, they'll give you back so much love.

At the time I sold Princes Private Club samples and dealer button, did you get one ?
You did make sure I received a PPC sample and DB while I was in France, thank you!

WedgeRock

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
-
6-shelve model (8" x 14?8") currently 50% off at Michaels. $16 each.

https://www.michaels.com/studio-decor-coin-display-case/10224309.html

There's an 8-pack for $102.57 the gets the unit price under $13 ($12.82 each).

https://www.michaels.com/8-pack-coin-display-case-by-studio-decor/MP224309.html
Do the shelves have a slot in them to keep the chips in place? Would you say they are PERFECT for chips, or just functional? What would you want different if you were building one from the ground up? 2 inches spacing works well for 39-44mm chips but is too small for 60mm dealer buttons. What about the size? Would you prefer them to be a little bigger/wider? I assume they are just cheaply made with cheap wood and a thick black painted finish. Would anyone like to see these in fine furniture grade wood?

@alecnetwoodworks @Trihonda

BarrieJ3

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
-
Do the shelves have a slot in them to keep the chips in place? Would you say they are PERFECT for chips, or just functional? What would you want different if you were building one from the ground up? 2 inches spacing works well for 39-44mm chips but is too small for 60mm dealer buttons. What about the size? Would you prefer them to be a little bigger/wider? I assume they are just cheaply made with cheap wood and a thick black painted finish. Would anyone like to see these in fine furniture grade wood?

I think the the problem you’ll run into is the cost vs value difference in this. Most folks have a solution and probably don’t think a change to a super high end display will be a big enough to warrant buying something new. As in the actual piece may look better, but chips will probably still display as well.

I still need to get home to see how big it would be, but I’d be in to have a custom furniture grade display piece built for all custom thcs, I.e. nadgbs, boat chips, btps, sbs, etc.

Would need feedback from others if there’s anything different that should be done other than way better materials.

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
-

I feel like these are solid displays. Inside shelves are notched, the inside is a black velvet, the doors are magnetic and glass fronts. I have over 600 chips displayed in my cases. And the price was great.

here are a couple of mine close up, with a mix of 39 and 43mm chips

DC7C5929-F068-4422-A462-8EB62C44977C.jpeg
98297906-0E83-4120-BB95-B97899D7C39F.jpeg

BarrieJ3

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom