The Menagerie (3 Viewers)

The plan is to highlight certain specimens throughout The Menagerie. It was always planned for this elusive beast to be our opening act. What you see here is most of it with more still to come, although photographed poorly as it has yet to be tamed.

Coming with every highlighted specimen is going to be it's own unique display, and commissioned artwork. @Jon Udell, it's time to fire up the forge, we're ready for our first piece!

Our next updates will hopefully be another round of specimens delivered, The Menagerie itself, and the stages of having Bean Town Poker professionally tamed and photographed.

See you soon!

-The Hunter

An update from the Hunter:

Some progress has been had. I have been on safari recently, from the Americas to Europa. At this time, specimens are being flown to and fro. A little sneak peak at a few that have made the flight.

We are currently two weeks away from being able to start building their living quarters, The Menagerie.

Find your specimen amongst these 85!

View attachment 514061View attachment 514062
Good bye all my temporary friends!! They were all well loved at our home!! The one and only Silver tounged Devil V2 sample is nestled in there!!

Are the reserved posts designed to be a directory to the individual pr0n throughout the thread? Really cool idea you had to highlight individual sample sets and to provide a way for others to appreciate all of these in one place.

Are the reserved posts designed to be a directory to the individual pr0n throughout the thread? Really cool idea you had to highlight individual sample sets and to provide a way for others to appreciate all of these in one place.
The first reserved will be a running comment to show updates to the room. I am not handy, so thankfully that should mostly compose of possibly painting, various displays being chosen, installing light fixtures or art lights, etc. Now that I say this, it's probably a bit above my pay grade and really hoping not too expensive, but there will probably be bloodshed or electrocution.

The second comment will direct to the individual pieces as they're created. Mo's Bean Town Poker was a fun choice to be first, the next few will be samples focused on the PCF community, such as Best Friends, the samples dedicated to everyone's furballs that have been created over the years.

I forgot about the limit to editing posts, so hopefully this gets further underway before they lock up. Move in date has been pushed back two weeks to September 4th.

In congruence with early menageries, we have picked up and moved 6 times in the last two years. Year long stint to two month stints.

We finally have keys to a permanent location and are awaiting shipping containers. I walked up to see the location for our Menagerie which will coexist with my office and.....they left the pool table and ping pong topper.

I guess if I build around it for now, we can trash it and replace with a poker table when the time comes :cool

image.jpg

In congruence with early menageries, we have picked up and moved 6 times in the last two years. Year long stint to two month stints.

We finally have keys to a permanent location and are awaiting shipping containers. I walked up to see the location for our Menagerie which will coexist with my office and.....they left the pool table and ping pong topper.

I guess if I build around it for now, we can trash it and replace with a poker table when the time comes :cool

View attachment 534922
Looks nice! Let me know if you seriously want to get rid of it. Is it slate top?

Slow and Steady wins the race. Samples racked. I’ll be going through to find all duplicates, and then posting the copious amounts of custom samples I’m still after in the classifieds.

Looking into various display options and need to group the samples into display sets.

image.jpg

Edit: if you have one not shown above, feel free to send it over here!

Slow and Steady wins the race. Samples racked. I’ll be going through to find all duplicates, and then posting the copious amounts of custom samples I’m still after in the classifieds.

Looking into various display options and need to group the samples into display sets.

View attachment 545559

And the cards mold group buy chips haven't even come in yet!

That’s some love, the only two card cappers out of the bunch!

I’m sure I’ll have more, just never had the time to actually get these all out. And like an idiot I went looking for the ceramics not noticing you circled em too.

Like a custom sample where’s Waldo.

View attachment 545559

As a non singles collector, this has to be one of the most tilting photos I’ve ever seen. I get anxiety just looking at it. That must mean you’ve done well, Jeff.

I hate to digress, as this is really meant for my custom sample seeking, but I don’t want to whore out pictures in another thread for tableing my chips.

I needed to table everything to inventory to see what was stolen during the move. So without further ado, the very, very ghetto pr0n of Barrie’s chips (yes mostly cheap, I’ve sold off a lot of clay to pay for samples).

0162A83E-DD83-4628-B8E5-E71F637F1F81.jpeg

79C19912-AC7F-4417-BEAA-C2085CA5BB31.jpeg

C30D16A4-51A1-4A4D-B65D-63351E44B117.jpeg

2AC99052-BA7C-4DA6-AC52-D181D1DEC216.jpeg

77E7803D-E9A4-488E-81C4-9137005A332F.jpeg

Hilariously enough, EVERY SINGLE SET IS IN WORK. CPS need one custom denom, both limit sets need their value rack (I’ve never once played limit), I’m now missing parts of sets like the barrel starbursts from the moving thief, no fracs for the Bud Jones, no labels for 8V CCs, etc.

Not too far along, I’ll have mayyybe around 200 unique DBs to display.

I hate to digress, as this is really meant for my custom sample seeking, but I don’t want to whore out pictures in another thread for tableing my chips.

I needed to table everything to inventory to see what was stolen during the move. So without further ado, the very, very ghetto pr0n of Barrie’s chips (yes mostly cheap, I’ve sold off a lot of clay to pay for samples).

View attachment 545600

View attachment 545601

View attachment 545602

View attachment 545603

View attachment 545604

Hilariously enough, EVERY SINGLE SET IS IN WORK. CPS need one custom denom, both limit sets need their value rack (I’ve never once played limit), I’m now missing parts of sets like the barrel starbursts from the moving thief, no fracs for the Bud Jones, no labels for 8V CCs, etc.

Not too far along, I’ll have mayyybe around 200 unique DBs to display.
@JeepologyOffroad are those pics more tilting or less?

Do you ever sell any sample sets once collected? asking for a friend. :whistle: :whistling:
I don’t believe I’ve ever sold a unique sample set before no (edit not true - haven’t sold one since my first hissy fit back in 2018 or so). And if I ever did sell for some reason, owners/creators get theirs back.

That being said, I sometimes buy lots and have duplicates, or know where custom samples are. Never hurts to PM and if I can help I’ll help! :tup:

Last edited:
Last one for the night while I clean up and inventory. I only pron when folks are sleeping.

We just saved two of these fellas. Identical full black brothers. We were iffy, they were from a feral rescue, it’s a +decade decision and they’ll have to move with us, etc.

And they’re prob the best part of this crappy move. Exceptionally patient with the kids, very lovey to all, totally chill. This is Mr. Meowgi, the other is Bootsy Calico.

Ive always loved the Black Cat club from afar, and I have a full sample despite the samples always being stupid expensive in auctions.

With these two fellas being my kid’s true first pets that are theirs, I plan on saving up to purchase part of the black cats sets instead of a sample. Last time they came up it was an auction starting at $3k, might be a minute.
0D65DC0E-97D6-4C09-B38D-A33971CE87F4.jpeg

11A51C60-13A0-4ACA-A581-2A897261D9F3.jpeg

Last edited:
Last one for the night while I clean up and inventory. I only pron when folks are sleeping.

We just saved two of these fellas. Identical full black brothers. We were iffy, they were from a feral rescue, it’s a +decade decision and they’ll have to move with us, etc.

And they’re prob the best part of this crappy move. Exceptionally patient with the kids, very lovey to all, totally chill. This is Mr. Meowgi, the other is Bootsy Calico.

Ive always loved the Black Cat club from afar, and I have a full sample despite the samples always being stupid expensive in auctions.

With these two fellas being my kid’s true first pets that are theirs, I plan on saving up to purchase the black cats in their entirety. Guess I should find their location and possible pricing :bag:

View attachment 545616
View attachment 545620

Black cats are so sweet; thanks for saving them. Enjoy and good luck with the sorting!

I don’t think you could handle the mess that is the rest of my chips and room :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
It actually makes me feel more normal! And unlike yourself with plans to make it more organized, I’m content with my chaos. Thank you! ;)

With these two fellas being my kid’s true first pets that are theirs, I plan on saving up to purchase the black cats in their entirety. Guess I should find their location and possible pricing :bag:

View attachment 545616
View attachment 545620
Beautiful animals!!! Your kids will love them!

With these two fellas being my kid’s true first pets that are theirs, I plan on saving up to purchase part of the black cats sets instead of a sample. Last time they came up it was an auction starting at $3k, might be a minute.
View attachment 545616
View attachment 545620

Our pets Arya and Princess were also saved from the street. And as you'll see, they'll give you back so much love.

At the time I sold Princes Private Club samples and dealer button, did you get one ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom