The Menagerie (3 Viewers)

Is that an honest-to-god Sebastian Janikowski jersey? I’m on my way over, let’s get filthy drunk.
1656985774053.gif

Are we all invited to the wedding?

Finally had time to open packages and finish putting this display together. It is my absolute favorite display, an ode by chippers to our furry best friends. If I were to sell off everything and keep one display, or rather run in and save just one from a fire, it would be this one.

Even in just putting this sample display together there were some great interactions.

I've thanked those involved individually, but thanks again. Here's to beautiful memories of our loved ones. Miss ya big guy.

1658454247570.png

pups.jpeg

Finally had time to open packages and finish putting this display together. It is my absolute favorite display, an ode by chippers to our furry best friends. If I were to sell off everything and keep one display, or rather run in and save just one from a fire, it would be this one.

Even in just putting this sample display together there were some great interactions.

I've thanked those involved individually, but thanks again. Here's to beautiful memories of our loved ones. Miss ya big guy.

View attachment 953371

View attachment 953370
Aaaaaand like magic, we are now heading to the emergency vet clinic.

Numb nuts decided to try and climb up on a table and jump down, and now can’t walk.

He's on the way to get checked out, 2 hour wait. Hoping for just a pulled muscle - broken leg in the middle of training a puppy would really suck.

image.jpg
3BE5B365-B654-4B7F-B0C2-E60F200467D3.jpeg

They’re pretty sure it’s broken. He’s sedated and they’re working on it.

$1500 to get him in the door and checked out before anything else. Don’t know if I expected more or less.

Waiting on the phone call to go pick him up. Still possibility for the need for surgery, which would mean no pickup tonight.

Edit: broke. Surgery required as soon as possible.

Last edited:
So here we are. I've cleaned out all the extras. Just waiting on a vendor order, shipment to EU, and then I will be project and extras free for the first time since joining. It's been dubbed "Barrie Kondo".

1675097949725.png

The only project left is this wall. The wall is at capacity, and I need about 10 display cases worth of samples to start the next area.

So I am here once more, asking for your custom sample to add to The Menagerie.

1675098326185.png

Please keep in mind that

1) no custom sample sold or provided from original owner has been sold
2) the majority of "extra" samples I've purchased have been sold at a loss, about 25% have been given away for free
3) MOST IMPORTANTLY, it's cool! Whenever we have a new chipper over for the first time, they enjoy checking out the wall and seeing samples in person

Please see previous posts for current custom sample collection or just ask if you aren't sure if I need something! And no, I don't have trades available, my duplicates were distributed to samples collectors.

Well this is pretty much dead but might as well post some of it

Some of my favorite samples. Nothing grouped correctly, just getting stuff up (if you don’t see yours don’t fret, I’m having trouble organizing enough to get the all the right stuff up)

View attachment 560530
View attachment 560531

So Mo’s (sheikh617) custom display case will go right in the middle top of the wall below.

View attachment 560535

There will be another 8 displays on second wall with a custom display for a prolific custom chipper, and then a 3rd wall with 8 displays and another custom display. (I think maybe Kifer and Wonderpuddle?)

Not even close to done, hoping about 16-20 more displays will do it.
View attachment 560533
View attachment 560534
Bean Town's looking good there!

The Continental has a very, very special sample making a temporary appearance here shortly.

So I thought it apropos to bump our thread. While the main wall still has some filling out left, I also had numerous incoming samples via the meetup and started expanding.

Now the wife has said, “No more holes in the wall and sample display cases.” So I took her feedback earnestly, and started putting up cases along the walls in my office. When she asked what I was doing, I replied that they didn’t count because she couldn’t see them (you can’t see them unless you’re in my office).

Anyways, now there are more cases needing filled. I’m in need of about 90 custom samples still to fill the missing gaps! Send those beautiful creations over here.

01F1673E-5B57-491A-895A-44C52867A7F0.jpeg

And in case you have something but aren’t sure if I have it, shoot me a pm! Or check against this. It’s most of what I have, anything else I have was provided directly from the custom creators so they already know I have one.

A Crest
ACrest.PNG

B Diamond
BDiamond.PNG

Circle Square
Circle Square.PNG

Diamond Square
Diamond Square.PNG

E&C
Elephant & Crown.PNG

FDL
FDL.PNG

H-Mold
HORSEHEAD.PNG

Horsehead
HORSEHEAD.PNG

Jockey
Jockey.PNG

Large Crown
LargeCrown1.jpeg

Mixed
Mixed.PNG

Relabels
Relabels.PNG

Scroll
Scroll.PNG

Small Crown
small crown.PNG

Well at this point this is all just for my personal reference.

I wanted to host a meetup for giggles, otherwise I’ve never had a game with more than one table and have only hosted once since the meetup in April.

So the problem is, with a tiny ass house in CA, how do you store stuff to only be used once a year?

No storage space, and every solution on PCF requires ingenuity and some handy skills - I have neither/none. Every thread is useless for me, although my faves are the guy with a pulley system in his garage and Takghanics hook on the wall with even weight distribution. I was going to try that but when I’m not dumb enough to think I could do that.

I bought two of these months ago, but I’ll never figure out how to get it up on the ceiling and I have no idea what will fit in them.

image.jpg

And so, the Home Depot cart of tables was born! Pretty much fits most of the tables and can easily be rolled out.

2667D1C0-75A5-4B5F-AD65-E702076A2DB3.jpeg

670B031B-93EE-4D5B-87C8-19B5EFB86494.jpeg

i still have your Rising Sun hot stamp solid butterscotch frac. Pm me if you want it
and the Cutthroats on display have an error chip for the 100

And in case you have something but aren’t sure if I have it, shoot me a pm! Or check against this. It’s most of what I have, anything else I have was provided directly from the custom creators so they already know I have one.

A Crest
ACrest.PNG

B Diamond
BDiamond.PNG

Circle Square
Circle Square.PNG

Diamond Square
Diamond Square.PNG

E&C
Elephant & Crown.PNG

FDL
FDL.PNG

H-Mold
HORSEHEAD.PNG

Horsehead
HORSEHEAD.PNG

Jockey
Jockey.PNG

Large Crown
LargeCrown1.jpeg

Mixed
Mixed.PNG

Relabels
Relabels.PNG

Scroll
Scroll.PNG

Small Crown
small crown.PNG

Nice chips.

FWIW, H-mold to me means something other than what is pictured. Here are some I’ve owned:

IMG_0524.jpeg
IMG_0523.jpeg
IMG_0522.jpeg

Hoping to get more displays up end of January and update photos of samples/reconfigure the displays.

It’s not a small amount of work, so hoping I can get some additional samples before starting the work.

Probably have about 5 cases worth of new samples to put up. Let’s pump those numbers up, if you have a custom set and an extra sample, get those over here!

A2DFAAD4-A6BF-4AAC-9B05-BDCBC5CA158B.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom