The Menagerie (3 Viewers)

Our pets Arya and Princess were also saved from the street. And as you'll see, they'll give you back so much love.

At the time I sold Princes Private Club samples and dealer button, did you get one ?
You did make sure I received a PPC sample and DB while I was in France, thank you!

Hey :)

Are you done collecting sample sets or are you looking for more ?

Last edited:
-
6-shelve model (8" x 14?8") currently 50% off at Michaels. $16 each.

https://www.michaels.com/studio-decor-coin-display-case/10224309.html

There's an 8-pack for $102.57 the gets the unit price under $13 ($12.82 each).

https://www.michaels.com/8-pack-coin-display-case-by-studio-decor/MP224309.html
Do the shelves have a slot in them to keep the chips in place? Would you say they are PERFECT for chips, or just functional? What would you want different if you were building one from the ground up? 2 inches spacing works well for 39-44mm chips but is too small for 60mm dealer buttons. What about the size? Would you prefer them to be a little bigger/wider? I assume they are just cheaply made with cheap wood and a thick black painted finish. Would anyone like to see these in fine furniture grade wood?

@alecnetwoodworks @Trihonda

-
Do the shelves have a slot in them to keep the chips in place? Would you say they are PERFECT for chips, or just functional? What would you want different if you were building one from the ground up? 2 inches spacing works well for 39-44mm chips but is too small for 60mm dealer buttons. What about the size? Would you prefer them to be a little bigger/wider? I assume they are just cheaply made with cheap wood and a thick black painted finish. Would anyone like to see these in fine furniture grade wood?

I think the the problem you’ll run into is the cost vs value difference in this. Most folks have a solution and probably don’t think a change to a super high end display will be a big enough to warrant buying something new. As in the actual piece may look better, but chips will probably still display as well.

I still need to get home to see how big it would be, but I’d be in to have a custom furniture grade display piece built for all custom thcs, I.e. nadgbs, boat chips, btps, sbs, etc.

Would need feedback from others if there’s anything different that should be done other than way better materials.

-

I feel like these are solid displays. Inside shelves are notched, the inside is a black velvet, the doors are magnetic and glass fronts. I have over 600 chips displayed in my cases. And the price was great.

here are a couple of mine close up, with a mix of 39 and 43mm chips

DC7C5929-F068-4422-A462-8EB62C44977C.jpeg
98297906-0E83-4120-BB95-B97899D7C39F.jpeg

Well this is pretty much dead but might as well post some of it

Some of my favorite samples. Nothing grouped correctly, just getting stuff up (if you don’t see yours don’t fret, I’m having trouble organizing enough to get the all the right stuff up)

84683172-7CE0-4CE3-A054-3FFE034681EB.jpeg

43955B46-897A-4607-9672-FBECE6568130.jpeg

So Mo’s (sheikh617) custom display case will go right in the middle top of the wall below.

6BB7682D-595C-44CA-8C7F-17DB272EB176.jpeg

There will be another 8 displays on second wall with a custom display for a prolific custom chipper, and then a 3rd wall with 8 displays and another custom display. (I think maybe Kifer and Wonderpuddle?)

Not even close to done, hoping about 16-20 more displays will do it.
2F84B8E0-4728-4579-8386-BF2DC17B1F79.jpeg

C6865B13-7574-457A-898C-EE8332BF5995.jpeg

I can't go back and edit the reserved posts. While I love all of you and your chippies, my return was in part to hunt these small clay circles that have been custom created.

The Menagerie, as Menageries do, has traveled across the land and arrived where the mountains meet the sea. Not sure if it's going to be a temporary or permanent exhibit, but it's being worked on getting going in it's new location.

In my absence, there have been many beautiful customs released into the wild, so in part I'm here to search those out as well. We have....uhhhh.....many empty cages to fill. I may have purchased just a couple too many.

(But like for reals, who do you know that likes custom samples like I do? And for reals, my wife watched me buy like 50 of these display cases. Don't make me hang half of them up empty because I convinced her we needed this many lol. Send me those samples!)
This is the start. There's two boxes full of more of these.
5960F937-3793-4B72-AEB9-D9FCD4D987B2.jpeg

I know, I know what you're thinking.

"Barrie, you're a cool guy. You've been working on the same projects for years, never flipped a chip in your day, and for some reason there's half naked pictures of you throughout the site. I want to help, but how do I know what samples you don't have?!?!"

Bam. Organized by mold, look for your custom sample here! I still need to organize Ceramic/Plastic/CC customs, but everything else I have is listed below.

I've discussed with the team and we're looking for all personal customs. So I don't need NAGBs that were group or financially incentivized purchases, but yes to private orders such as the Chickens which were build for custom use.

Thank you for looking and thanks if you're considering selling a sample missing here, sincerely.

A Crest
ACrest.PNG

B Diamond
BDiamond.PNG

Circle Square
Circle Square.PNG

Diamond Square
Diamond Square.PNG

E&C
Elephant & Crown.PNG

FDL
FDL.PNG

H-Mold
HORSEHEAD.PNG

Horsehead
HORSEHEAD.PNG

Jockey
Jockey.PNG

Large Crown
LargeCrown1.jpeg

Mixed
Mixed.PNG

Relabels
Relabels.PNG

Scroll
Scroll.PNG

Small Crown
small crown.PNG

"Barrie, you're a cool guy. You've been working on the same projects for years, never flipped a chip in your day, and for some reason there's half naked pictures of you throughout the site. I want to help, but how do I know what samples you don't have?!?!"

Bam. Organized by mold, look for your custom sample here! I still need to organize Ceramic/Plastic/CC customs, but everything else I have is listed below.

I've discussed with the team and we're looking for all personal customs. So I don't need NAGBs that were group or financially incentivized purchases, but yes to private orders such as the Chickens which were build for custom use.

Thank you for looking and thanks if you're considering selling a sample missing here, sincerely.

A Crest
View attachment 933643
B Diamond
View attachment 933661
Circle Square
View attachment 933662
Diamond Square
View attachment 933646
E&C
View attachment 933647
FDL
View attachment 933649
H-Mold
View attachment 933651
Horsehead
View attachment 933651
Jockey
View attachment 933653
Large Crown
View attachment 933655
Mixed
View attachment 933656
Relabels
View attachment 933657
Scroll
View attachment 933658
Small Crown
View attachment 933659
dibs

A Crest
View attachment 933643
B Diamond
View attachment 933661
Circle Square
View attachment 933662
Diamond Square
View attachment 933646
E&C
View attachment 933647
FDL
View attachment 933649
H-Mold
View attachment 933651
Horsehead
View attachment 933651
Jockey
View attachment 933653
Large Crown
View attachment 933655
Mixed
View attachment 933656
Relabels
View attachment 933657
Scroll
View attachment 933658
Small Crown
View attachment 933659
Your H mold is the same pic as HHR

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom