THE HOT SAUCE THREAD (2 Viewers)

Got this one yesterday. It is ABSOLUTELY yummy. On the sweet side, but still brings a little heat...could be hotter. With habanero, mangoes, pineapple, bananas, and brown sugar the flavor is amazing. I do not think these two bottles will be around for very long. I want to drink em!

20200425_091419.jpg

20200425_091708.jpg

I was out of Tabasco, so I figured I'd grab some Melinda's based on some your recommendations here. Also got some Cholula because, honestly, it has been so long I can't remember what it tasted like and a number of you guys like it. The tiger sauce is delightful, not spicy - just tasty good.

20200425_130011.jpg

I'm still waiting on my 2 bottles of Bertie's - Not gonna lie, I am EXCITED to try that one!! When it arrives I'll get them all in one family photo

Ok, I will try this thread out! If it fails, it fails. I know you guys love hot sauce and there are SOOOOO many out there, so many different styles, heats, flavors etc. I have been a fan of watching Hot Ones recently and I am intrigued by delicious sauces that bring heat, but not soul scorching heat...not a fan of misery. I am certainly not extremely experienced in hot sauces, but anyway, here are a few of my favorites....some classics, some actually really great hot sauces...

Tabasco: Hell yeah! My eggs feel naked without it at times. Great on a breakfast burrito or even on pizza

View attachment 445178

Tapatio: Now tapatio will always have a place in my heart. Until recently, it has been a staple in my bloody mary and has found its way onto every taco, burrito, quesadilla etc for YEARS. However, now I feel it is time to move on. That said Tapatio is still my number one hot sauce for any "Bertos" mexican fast food. ie "Albertos", "Rigobertos" etc"

View attachment 445204

Sriracha: This one I do like, I have found many uses for it particularly on breakfast sandwiches like sausage egg muffins etc

View attachment 445191

Dirty Dicks: I have had one bottle of this a few years ago -- currently have 2 more on the way -- I recall this being, yes HOT, but extremely delicious. I can't wait to try it again in a few days!

View attachment 445188

Newly Acquired - Whoop Ass: I got the 3 pack pictured below. I am brand new to it and have only had the a finger taste of the green Habanero (HOT) and the roasted garlic (delicious). The bacon went on my eggs this AM and also in my bloody mary -- it was solid, not too spicy and worked well on the eggs and in the bloody

View attachment 445193

Franks: Goes on my wings (sometimes) when I want a traditional buffalo sauce

View attachment 445197

My ABSOLUTE GO TO - Secret Aardvark Habanero: I put this shit on almost everything. Any mexican food, bloody mary, hot wings, you name it. LOVE this sauce!!!

View attachment 445202

Aardvark is one of my favorites, and locally made! Habanero is about the perfect amount of heat for me to be able to put on anything reasonable, and Aardvark has great flavor.

I also really like these:

Yellowbird - Habanero is good for just heating something up, it doesn't have a strong taste; Serrano is great for flavor and a milder heat
1587845138787.png

Melinda's - The XXXX Reserve is what I've been putting on everything, but the Mango Habanero and the Jalapeno are also great. Haven't had a Melinda's sauce that wasn't tasty yet.
1587845311166.png

FYM - I haven't had this in awhile, but I remember it being good. My co-worker's husband started this hot sauce company via kickstarter.
1587845425231.png

128B45D1-FC45-4481-A374-1F5C44DFDBA3.jpeg

Family favorite is the Yucatán Sunshine. Really enjoy on eggs,chili, tacos etc....
The pointe of view winery is a local winery that also does hot sauce. Pleasantly surprised how it has a nice mellow flavor with some back end heat.

Yellowbird - Habanero is good for just heating something up, it doesn't have a strong taste; Serrano is great for flavor and a milder heat
I just threw away my empty bottle of the Serrano and couldn’t remember the brand. Thanks for this.

I would definitely consider myself a hot sauce snob. The off the shelf brands (Crystal, Texas Pete, Dave's, Valentina, Tapatio, etc) have their time and place on certain foods.

Some of my favorites:

Tattoo scotch bonnet curry (Walmart)
Yellowbird Habanero (Walmart)
Bravado Spice Co Black Garlic Reaper (world market)
Tabasco Habanero (almost everywhere)
Tabanero extra hot (Amazon)
Torchbearer Garlic Reaper (Amazon)
Melinda's Amarillo Habanero
Melinda's Creamy ghost sauce

Does anyone here like the Blair's Death Sauce line-up? I really like the Original Death Sauce, great taste a not too much heat. I've also tasted their Mega Death Sauce, which is the opposite: Too much heat so you can't feel the taste! ;)

20200426_214142.jpg

3/4 of pics on this thread has CHOLULA in

Excellent observation. As I stated, I haven't had it in FOREVER - forgot what it tastes like and with the evolution of my taste buds...whether or not I would like it now. The short answer is NOPE. I have only tasted it once since buying it and I will likely be giving it away after one more try

Last edited:
Just got this one today, a co-worker swore by it. I am learning quickly not to judge based on first taste. My opinion of some of these sauces changes after a couple tastes and largely on what I am putting the sauce on. That said, my first impression of this one is nice heat, decent flavor but I will need a few more dabs!

20200426_185717.jpg

Just got this one today, a co-worker swore by it. I am learning quickly not to judge based on first taste. My opinion of some of these sauces changes after a couple tastes and largely on what I am putting the sauce on. That said, my first impression of this one is nice heat, decent flavor but I will need a few more dabs!

View attachment 448029

I find the Yucateco sauces to be okay. Good for heat, but not a lot of interesting flavor. I think I like the Caribbean Habanero the best.

So, I am on their site. Can you speak to the heat? I noticed they have 1 fireball sauces all the way up to 5 fireballs....

The one my local store had was 1 fireball -- little heat, I could definitely go higher.

I don't want to die, but I do want some good heat...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom