The Circle Club (1 Viewer)

Why not make one rack of .05 and one rack of 20/25.

Unless you are running two tables at the same time of .05/.10 blinds. You only need one rack of nickels for this game. Most of the other betting will be done using .25 and $1 chips

Nice design and spot progression. There is some contrast missing from the $20 to make it match the rest of the set.

Also the base is similar to the .25. Have you tried different base colours. Maybe a black or charcoal chip.

I'm only on my phone. But I did a couple of options for you.

Black/charcoal/white
Charcoal/black/grey
Charcoal/black/day glow yellow
Charcoal/black/light blue

image.png

Nice design and spot progression.

Thanks! A hundred or so versions in, I'm bound to get something right.

There is some contrast missing from the $20 to make it match the rest of the set.

Also the base is similar to the .25. Have you tried different base colours. Maybe a black or charcoal chip.

Yeah, I've considered darker color options, but leaned away to keep it a brighter set.

Make the spots on the purple dg tiger and bright white and ship it.

Um. Yes. Liking that.

Hi,
I like your idea and what you made of it.
The only thing I am struggling with are the brown chips with the black inlay are a little bit too dark for me, but the rest is really nice.

Hi,
I like your idea and what you made of it.
The only thing I am struggling with are the brown chips with the black inlay are a little bit too dark for me, but the rest is really nice.

Check the most recent posts with images in this thread. The concept has evolved a bit -- no more brown chips :)

Chips look great Fleming. I personally prefer the original $1 on your OP (The $5k Aria chip is my fav), but other than that, incredible looking set! Can't wait to see the final product.

Probably :)

I haven't changed the inlays in a few drafts, just to keep something consistent as everything else changes. I'll keep that in mind when I revisit the designs.

Are you going to stick with round inlays now? Shaped (but with a round NVC/5c) would look classy. Although round all-around obviously fits the theme!

Lovely looking chips. I actually really liked your original brown fiver but these are coming along very nicely.

Circle-square mold accepts a 1" inlay very nicely and would be nice with these imo.

So I stepped away from these designs for a while, just to see what I thought coming back to them fresh. I'm glad I did, because I ended up playing around a bit more.

A few things in this new version:
  • Trying the diamond square mold instead of the circle square, after seeing the Black Cat photos earlier. Can't help myself.
  • The green wasn't really working for me. So I swapped in an orange.
  • I eased up on the complexity of spots on the $1 (only slightly) for a couple of reasons. First, I think this one is a bit better spot progression-wise. And second, it's a bit easier on the wallet when it comes to loading up the $1 chips :)

Next step, I think, is to finalize the inlay design before final touch-ups. What I have in there is really only placeholder. I have something else in mind.

It has been fun getting everyone's feedback/opinions/etc, and I wanted to keep the thread updated. Sooner or later I'll get this sucker finalized and shipped.

• I eased up on the complexity of spots on the $1 (only slightly) for a couple of reasons. First, I think this one is a bit better spot progression-wise. And second, it's a bit easier on the wallet when it comes to loading up the $1 chips :)

Overall, its looking very nice! Good call on bumping the $1 to a L7 from a L11. That's a decent chunk of change right there, and I feel like the chip looks less busy. Less business make it feel at home in the progression. That L11 spot is pretty aggressive for a $1.

Now the only thing that comes to my mind when I look across the set is that the $5 is the only one not using any 1/8" spots. Thoughts?

Overall, its looking very nice! Good call on bumping the $1 to a L7 from a L11. That's a decent chunk of change right there, and I feel like the chip looks less busy. Less business make it feel at home in the progression. That L11 spot is pretty aggressive for a $1.

Now the only thing that comes to my mind when I look across the set is that the $5 is the only one not using any 1/8" spots. Thoughts?

Yeah, that's what I ended up thinking on the $1 chip. I don't think I like the L11 enough more than the L7 to justify it.

Good pint on the $5 spots. I'll spend some time with it.

That $20, droooooool!

:) Thanks.

Really like $5 and $20

Cool! The $5 is brand new this week, but the $20 I've been keeping around a while. Had lots of help on that one further up in the thread.

I'm sure I'll keep tinkering tonight/this weekend.

• Trying the diamond square mold instead of the circle square, after seeing the Black Cat photos earlier. Can't help myself.
I can't be unbiased on that decision. If you switched to MD-50 it might get my MD-50 order made faster! Post up that new $5 when you get something that fits.

I can't be unbiased on that decision. If you switched to MD-50 it might get my MD-50 order made faster! Post up that new $5 when you get something that fits.

It's hard to stay in the loop on this stuff -- what's the story on MD-50? Is it only set up once in a while when there is interest in it?

It's hard to stay in the loop on this stuff -- what's the story on MD-50? Is it only set up once in a while when there is interest in it?

It's available anytime, I believe. It just has fewer orders so it takes longer to get put in the queue. Right now it sounds like it's going in the presses at the end of December time frame. My slugs will be made in November, so I've got until then to get my artwork set. Still working out the artwork, but I'm set on spots and colors, so I've already submitted my order and paid. David was wanting people to submit the order once molds colors and spots were set.

New version. Updated $5 chip, new edge spots. I think it helps a bit with the progression.

Alright. I like what you did. Then I got to thinking about the progression and went into chip designer to tinker. I kept the 1 and the $20 the same and started tinkering with the $5. I found a few things that worked, but I wasn't really happy with any of them to post. I came back and looked at the lineup again, and I'm really liking this progression. There's just one thing that nags me about this.

The nickel sets the tone of the entire progression, and that quarter is too sweet to change. I love the twenty as well. Lets keep those the same. I consider the .05 .and the .25 to have three spot areas. Then it jumps to 6, and then 8 and 8.

Logically it seems like it should go 3, 3, 4, 6, 8, but I love that $5 the way it is. I'm off to the chip designer to try again!

Good thoughts. I also see the progression in terms of complexity:

(Version 171 posted above)
3 spots
3 spots, more complex
6 spots
6 spots, more complex
8 spots

Not disagreeing, but depending on how you look at it the progression is there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom