SOLD The Chicken Coop (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1627070304537.gif

Given that the auctions are headed for very high prices, I think it would be wise to disclose who else, if anyone, was a participant in the original purchase from Chicken Rob (even if just financially), and if said participants are planning on releasing more chips in the future. We've experienced pretty toxic consequences on PCF in the past when there has been an appearance of market manipulation. By my count (see on-the-road-again-post-1562979) there should be around 7,000 chips not yet accounted for in your sales.
While these are reasonable and well-meaning concerns, my integrity means more to me than some stupid profit for 4 racks of chips. There are a number of members viewing this thread who I have sold or traded these chips to at cost who I hope would be willing to speak out for this. I sold 30 racks at cost and donated $2,200, or 100% of the profit from selling 2 racks of chips yesterday, all to the “In This Together” fund, where I have contributed more than $3,500 of my own money.

I know for a fact that multiple deals have already privately taken place over the chips I offered up for sale which will have benefited the winning members from my drawings. They traded or sold the chips before they even got packaged at my house and are going to another location.

The only people inflating these prices are those bidding on them and not a single one of them had a thing to do with my purchase of the chips.

I'm not interested in who purchased at cost from you and are trading racks.

I'd be more interested if anyone had a financial interest and bid up the auctions.

If I'm reading your post right, you took all the profits from the auctions and donated them? If so, carry on.

Well in that case I guess a Chicken $1 want/trade thread for 2 racks isn't completely hopeless after all. PM me oh benevolent shadow figures!

I'd be more interested if anyone had a financial interest and bid up the auctions.

If I'm reading your post right, you took all the profits from the auctions and donated them? If so, carry on.
There has been no profits from the auctions, the auctions are not over.

What about those that have sold after buying from my sale?

No person with a financial interest from these chips has bid on these auctions.

Well now that he has your permission...

Actually, I think donating to a food bank or a local program to help people in need is better than donating to people who lost some money in a transaction that went south while using disposable income to buy non essential poker chips

the reason i ask is because the seller has had some of his chips sold and shipped from another member's address (a member that has bid on some of these auctions) which is kinda fishy...

These chickens and their pricing have definitely raised some eyebrows.

More towards what was mentioned above by @navels, I feel obligated to say something in order to address a rumor that’s been circulating.

A few members have reached out asking to confirm if I was in fact the person who financed this deal. As I said to them and will say it here publicly, I was not. I did have some interest in doing so during the infancy stages of this deal with the chickens but I made a decision not to and to participate as a chipper upon their arrival to the forum, as opposed to the financier.

Couple of things in addition to what was said above. 1) Me bidding on these items and trying to obtain them are for the purpose of having trade bait both for myself and my chipping friends. Not that anybody is entitled to know that, but doesn’t bother me to share it. 2) If anybody had any doubts or suspicions about my involvement, you need to come ask me directly and you’ll be given a straightforward answer. It is absolutely unnecessary to probe, especially when it involves asking close friends for details. I have an inbox and many of you have my number. Very easy, ask and I’ll provide you with an honest answer.

Not going to dive into further details besides what was mentioned above. Thought it help clear the air. Those of you that are bidding in a sincere attempt to have some of these for yourself or to trade; best of luck to you.

These chickens and their pricing have definitely raised some eyebrows.

More towards what was mentioned above by @navels, I feel obligated to say something in order to address a rumor that’s been circulating.

A few members have reached out asking to confirm if I was in fact the person who financed this deal. As I said to them and will say it here publicly, I was not. I did have some interest in doing so during the infancy stages of this deal with the chickens but I made a decision not to and to participate as a chipper upon their arrival to the forum, as opposed to the financier.

Couple of things in addition to what was said above. 1) Me bidding on these items and trying to obtain them are for the purpose of having trade bait both for myself and my chipping friends. Not that anybody is entitled to know that, but doesn’t bother me to share it. 2) If anybody had any doubts or suspicions about my involvement, you need to come ask me directly and you’ll be given a straightforward answer. It is absolutely unnecessary to probe, especially when it involves asking close friends for details. I have an inbox and many of you have my number. Very easy, ask and I’ll provide you with an honest answer.

Not going to dive into further details besides what was mentioned above. Thought it help clear the air. Those of you that are bidding in a sincere attempt to have some of these for yourself or to trade; best of luck to you.

Right from the horse’s mouth

I too would be interested in knowing whether anyone was shill bidding in an auction. But I'm going to presume the answer is "no" rather than preemptively view fellow chippers with suspicion of malice for no possible reason that I can perceive.

Insert
1627073353262.gif

Here
It would seem that it doesn’t matter what he does with these chips thru sales or auctions someone is going to take issue with whatever he does. He finds awesome chips and offers them up to the community and summon the pitch forks. He takes the extra money and donates it well he donated it to the wrong place. My god I don’t know why anyone would ever try and take something like this on ever again.
Triston for the record I think what you’ve done here is awesome. Solid chipper and I’ve loved every minute watching your journey since you joined.

Right from the horse’s mouth
Wouldn’t that be the chicken’s beak? I mean, who would hatch such a plot? It’s sort of hard to keep a breast of all of the gossip on here. But somebody’s always got their feathers ruffled because they think someone is trying to get a leg up. I assume @ImCrossland is just winging it her, and it really must stick in his craw that others are accusing him of being some kind of profiteering buzzard.

I could care less about the chips or profit being made (which are awesome chips by the way) i just want to make sure there isn’t shill bidding going on which is gunna be hard to convince me otherwise but whatever. Agree to disagree as there is no proof only speculation and weird shipping details. @ImCrossland awesome score man. Those chips r fire!

others are accusing him of being some kind of profiteering buzzard.

I don't think that's true.

I think Triston ran these sales well, and I personally know he donated all the profits from at least one sale to the "in this together" campaign. I think @navels is wondering aloud what a lot of us are -- where are the 7000 other chips, and when they make an appearance, will they take on the pricing of the buzzy auctions, or stay grounded like @ImCrossland 's sales.

His point is, in the past, things like that have caused tension and issues in the community.

All that said -- free markets. Do what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom