SOLD The Chicken Coop (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @ImCrossland and @horseshoez for adding clarity when under no obligation to do so. Still curious about the remaining chips and and what the plans are if those folks want to join in the transparency.

I’ve asked the same question @navels and from what I understand, that person wanted to remain anonymous as well as keep them “forever.”

I don't think that's true.

I think Triston ran these sales well, and I personally know he donated all the profits from at least one sale to the "in this together" campaign. I think @navels is wondering aloud what a lot of us are -- where are the 7000 other chips, and when they make an appearance, will they take on the pricing of the buzzy auctions, or stay grounded like @ImCrossland 's sales.

His point is, in the past, things like that have caused tension and issues in the community.

All that said -- free markets. Do what you will.
I haven’t been following the conversation closely. I, uh, I just wanted to make chicken jokes. Not trying to cause a big flap or anything. Maybe I got a little too cocky.

Thanks @ImCrossland and @horseshoez for adding clarity when under no obligation to do so. Still curious about the remaining chips and and what the plans are if those folks want to join in the transparency.
FC6B5014-BD37-4B32-94CD-B5FBC9A3990D.jpeg

Roughly 6,000 of the chips will simply be played and enjoyed by myself and my partner. If it was not obvious by the content of this thread, that individual has ample reason for wanting to remain anonymous while in possession of a really amazing set.

I thought it would be really awesome to offer up ~35% of the set for sale at a great price to share what wasn’t needed with the community. Another 8 racks (maybe 9 I don’t remember) were traded or sold by me to acquire chips I had been searching for and sell some to those who’ve done the same for me when I wanted chips.

These chickens and their pricing have definitely raised some eyebrows.

More towards what was mentioned above by @navels, I feel obligated to say something in order to address a rumor that’s been circulating.

A few members have reached out asking to confirm if I was in fact the person who financed this deal. As I said to them and will say it here publicly, I was not. I did have some interest in doing so during the infancy stages of this deal with the chickens but I made a decision not to and to participate as a chipper upon their arrival to the forum, as opposed to the financier.

Couple of things in addition to what was said above. 1) Me bidding on these items and trying to obtain them are for the purpose of having trade bait both for myself and my chipping friends. Not that anybody is entitled to know that, but doesn’t bother me to share it. 2) If anybody had any doubts or suspicions about my involvement, you need to come ask me directly and you’ll be given a straightforward answer. It is absolutely unnecessary to probe, especially when it involves asking close friends for details. I have an inbox and many of you have my number. Very easy, ask and I’ll provide you with an honest answer.

Not going to dive into further details besides what was mentioned above. Thought it help clear the air. Those of you that are bidding in a sincere attempt to have some of these for yourself or to trade; best of luck to you.

2gkcm6.jpg

These chickens and their pricing have definitely raised some eyebrows.

More towards what was mentioned above by @navels, I feel obligated to say something in order to address a rumor that’s been circulating.

A few members have reached out asking to confirm if I was in fact the person who financed this deal. As I said to them and will say it here publicly, I was not. I did have some interest in doing so during the infancy stages of this deal with the chickens but I made a decision not to and to participate as a chipper upon their arrival to the forum, as opposed to the financier.

Couple of things in addition to what was said above. 1) Me bidding on these items and trying to obtain them are for the purpose of having trade bait both for myself and my chipping friends. Not that anybody is entitled to know that, but doesn’t bother me to share it. 2) If anybody had any doubts or suspicions about my involvement, you need to come ask me directly and you’ll be given a straightforward answer. It is absolutely unnecessary to probe, especially when it involves asking close friends for details. I have an inbox and many of you have my number. Very easy, ask and I’ll provide you with an honest answer.

Not going to dive into further details besides what was mentioned above. Thought it help clear the air. Those of you that are bidding in a sincere attempt to have some of these for yourself or to trade; best of luck to you.
now we're talking turkey..

Right from the horse’s mouth
1627075637642.png

What time does the party start tonight? This has been very entertaining for the new guy.

If there is any member who purchased any of the TCC chips from my sale or if there is a member currently the leading bidder on any of my auctions (aside from the barrel of “all-in” out of principle) and would like to reneg on their commitment, please PM me.

Surely one of you who would like to relinquish your TCC $5 for $10/chip.

Me bidding on these items and trying to obtain them are for the purpose of having trade bait both for myself and my chipping friends.

Just curious, not wanting to be accusatory or anything.

But you've been a vocal advocate about how chipping has become prohibitively expensive and gone beyond the reach of the average chipper.

With all due respect, I think the behavior of trying to buy up anything desirable strictly for trade bait is a huge contributing factor to this hobby getting expensive. Am I wrong?

Just curious, not wanting to be accusatory or anything.

But you've been a vocal advocate about how chipping has become prohibitively expensive and gone beyond the reach of the average chipper.

With all due respect, I think the behavior of trying to buy up anything desirable strictly for trade bait is a huge contributing factor to this hobby getting expensive. Am I wrong?
Sadly it’s one of the only effective ways to play this chipping game we all love now

trying to buy up anything desirable strictly for trade bait is a huge contributing factor to this hobby getting expensive. Am I wrong?

Not necessarily no. I’ve seen desirable chips work better than having cash in hand. Perhaps that person who wasn’t active during the sales or auctions ultimately ends up seeing them, putting up a wanted ad with some chips that myself or someone in my circle need/want. Easy. I approach that person and proceed to try and make a fair deal. My chips (publicly purchased mind you) in exchange for the chips you have and are willing to part with, dollar for dollar. I’ve sold tons of stuff that I later found out would have better served me and someone else in a fruitful trade, hence the world selection, trade bait. I’m not attempting to extort someone out of their chips. Those chips I purchase could possibly be tied to an entire set and the only way I can possibly get some chips I need on my end is to offer them up with my set. A simple dibs purchase from the classifieds at a very reasonable price could alone serve as a trade piece. Doesn’t have to be a $2,000 rack. It’s just taken out of context simply because we’re discussing chickens with price tags hanging loosely from their tails lol

Additionally, there are much better examples of actions that have a direct and immediate result on market pricing that result in this hobby becoming more expensive. Purchasing every single chip in sight at ungodly prices and claiming they are for limit/relabel sets that’ll likely be showcased, not seeing much time on the felt if any. That kind of hurts the prospects of people acquiring what they’d like to have doesn’t it? I myself am inclined to think it does.

Appreciate the explanation.

But doesn't buying up things you don't really want contribute to creating additional scarcity? If everyone wasn't out there buying up this trade bait, those goods would sit on the market until a buyer who actually wants them is able to buy them.

From my viewpoint, any additional demand pressure on a limited supply of goods drives up the price of those goods. You're creating additional competition. Goods get bid up in auctions or bought in mere seconds in sales. These past auctions/sales become new high water marks and contribute to higher prices the next time they're put up for auction or sale.

Any time you add additional middlemen and transactions between a good and the eventual buyer adds potential costs. Others who are doing the same thing have costs that they may take into account when they make their eventual trade. Time, shipping costs, etc. get added and contribute to higher and higher prices.

IMHO, you're railing against a trend that you're directly contributing to with this buying behavior. I'm not knocking you for it. It's just the norm for the times.

Trade bait is certainly the only way to acquire things these days unless you have super deep pockets.

You can't even risk selling chips now. Within 3 months the price will be double at the rate things are going.

And it's the same across every hobbies these days. The world in 2021 is a crazy place. I don't get where all the cash is coming from.

EDIT: I’m not bidding on, or dibs-ing most things in the upcoming sale, so yep, I think it’s sound advice.

Addendum: couple of chips are too hard to resist.
Looool, good there is the edit fonction.

You might want to edit some more
Completely agree. Which is why I’ve never used the AHC in my auctions. :)

Ps. I really dont want to buy anything of you (iam just a bored old man) .... But as nr. 1 on blocklist i think i deserve to know why you would state such bs :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

i don’t think triston should be somehow representative of all that’s gone wrong in the chipping world. he obviously made an investment in time and money to get a nice set of rare chips and in the process release a bunch to the public. And donate a bunch of money to the poppin plucked geese crew which I’m one of. And I don’t think I deserve any sympathy tbh. I think it’s crazy to pay 2000 for a rack but that’s not at all tristons fault is it? the general issue actually seems to be new chippers like me pouring into this market but I mean, until Paulson starts selling to retail channels again or something, or China makes nice alternatives (cards mold AST), it just looks like chips are subject to market behavior as much as anything else. Also, it’s not like we are talking about gasoline or healthcare premiums here, many of us want multiple sets of desirable rare chips that won’t get used all that often.

Ps. I really dont want to buy anything of you (iam just a bored old man) .... But as nr. 1 on blocklist i think i deserve to know why you would state such bs :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Point me to an auction I’ve run that states the AHC. I defy you :)

Point me to an auction I’ve run that states the AHC. I defy you :)
Screenshot_20210621_073533.jpg

Not gonna search more, but this is from one of your last actions. Got a printscreen because i did post it somewhereelse because it is kind of funny. But iam not that bored to search the auction again...

View attachment 741421
Not gonna search more, but this is from one of your last actions. Got a printscreen because i did post it somewhereelse because it is kind of funny. But iam not that bored to search the auction again...

The block functions were added after my last auction. Again — back up your BS, old man. Find me one auction where I state the asshat clause. If you can’t, stfu.

The block functions were added after my last auction. Again — back up your BS, old man. Find me one auction where I state the asshat clause. If you can’t, stfu.
Are you sure here's so old. You've been wrong about people's age before :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:.

I must say it's liberating not joining in on the arguments these days. I'd have waded in before, but now I can sit back and enjoy the carnage haha

It is important to you to be loved seeing from your bs statements.

Are you sure here's so old. You've been wrong about people's age before :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:.

I must say it's liberating not joining in on the arguments these days. I'd have waded in before, but now I can sit back and enjoy the carnage haha
I did say iam a bored old man :cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom