The Canoe Club-Cash Set (CPC) (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the additional input. That makes sense what you said about big orders vs the need to focus on an individual chip. Maybe one day I’ll be reaching out to you about hot stamping a dragon or dragon head on my future CPC chips!
You know where to find me if ya ever wanna chat!

So I will say this with all due respect to David and CPC as a very happy repeat customer, but the stamping from CPC is of poor quality. There have been multiple documented instances of their stamps fading easily and with limited use. I got my stamps done by @Josh Kifer and the quality and depth of the stamp is night and day. The stamps on these will last generations. The CPC stamps would barely last two games before some fading is noted.

I'll tag @Ben8257 here as well as an owner of a CPC hotstamp set to offer his input as well.
Well well Joe, for one I somehow missed this whole damn thread and those look f**king fantastic bro... guessing my invite to the inaugural game got lost in the interwebs again... seems to be some issues of messages getting across the Deleware Bay for some reason because this happens often woth my Jersey Fam. (Lol) Freaking 414 FTW brother!! Really anything with 1/4" square spots. Those beautiful 614 $5s... even the 2d14 fracs!! Just YES!! So freaking jelly right now!

@davesilver88 welcome, as the chip manufacturer is a vendor here I prefer to never bad mouth anyone of that status as it is pretty poor taste. But IMO I have a few different stamped chips and we even bought a rack of stamped nickles, I tried to carefully clean them and the stamps were not stamped into the face of the chip at all which means they are a "cold stamp" (printed on the chip but not IN the chip) literally the oil rag was whiping the stamps off. We sold them and moved on, but have since got a few other Hot Stamp Samples from that company and they all have the same exact problem.

As far as me being an owner, not exactly. My stamps were on ASM chips before CPC and they were custom stamped by the chip owner @Cliff who did a fantastic job, but has since sold his stamping equipment.
20201220_222143.jpg

Absolutely love them and happy @FordPickup92 found them and brought them back to Maryland in the form of a gift to me for Christmas a couple years ago. They aren't going anywhere unless the original owner ever wanted them back.

Anyways awesome job Brother Joe! Those are amazing, but dam it man! It's not against the law to make a $20 chip! Lol

Well well Joe, for one I somehow missed this whole damn thread and those look f**king fantastic bro... guessing my invite to the inaugural game got lost in the interwebs again... seems to be some issues of messages getting across the Deleware Bay for some reason because this happens often woth my Jersey Fam. (Lol) Freaking 414 FTW brother!! Really anything with 1/4" square spots. Those beautiful 614 $5s... even the 2d14 fracs!! Just YES!! So freaking jelly right now!

@davesilver88 welcome, as the chip manufacturer is a vendor here I prefer to never bad mouth anyone of that status as it is pretty poor taste. But IMO I have a few different stamped chips and we even bought a rack of stamped nickles, I tried to carefully clean them and the stamps were not stamped into the face of the chip at all which means they are a "cold stamp" (printed on the chip but not IN the chip) literally the oil rag was whiping the stamps off. We sold them and moved on, but have since got a few other Hot Stamp Samples from that company and they all have the same exact problem.

As far as me being an owner, not exactly. My stamps were on ASM chips before CPC and they were custom stamped by the chip owner @Cliff who did a fantastic job, but has since sold his stamping equipment.
View attachment 1031279
Absolutely love them and happy @FordPickup92 found them and brought them back to Maryland in the form of a gift to me for Christmas a couple years ago. They aren't going anywhere unless the original owner ever wanted them back.

Anyways awesome job Brother Joe! Those are amazing, but dam it man! It's not against the law to make a $20 chip! Lol
There's a $25 in the works. I just wasn't happy with anything I mocked up by the time the order deadline passed for B mold. Next run though I have one ready to go!

Let us know when you and Brie are ready for another trip to NJ. Between Matt and I, we'll make sure there's a game going on. Just let us know when and name the set(s) you want in play.

You summarized the issues I have with CPC's stamping perfectly. Not badmouthing them at all but for the sake of the new folks here, I want to make sure they make an informed decision on how they proceed with a significant purchase. I certainly recommend Josh. It's a golden age for custom hot stamps. There was no one offering the service since I joined up here, but in the last 6 months, two excellent members here are now doing hot stamps.

Maybe charcoal base with black spots for the $100. Black and blurple are close…

I like the $25
I'll have to get my color sample out. Do you mean blurple re: the quarter? The quarter is indeed retro blue but the quarter and hundo would be close if I go with a black base on the hundo

I'll have to get my color sample out. Do you mean blurple re: the quarter? The quarter is indeed retro blue but the quarter and hundo would be close if I go with a black base on the hundo
Sorry, yes. I didn’t zoom in to look at the colors (assumed it was blurple).

Mark

The name is still up in the air :unsure:
I do think the Lucky Lizard Lounge is a nice compromise. My suggestion may be a bit too verbose for some. Either that, or 4L Palace has a nice ring to it...

I like the first version of your $100 chip the most I think and think the edge spot pattern matches the rest of your lineup the best. I just had my hands on the full color sample set and can safely say that there won’t be any confusion between your retro blue chip and the $100 black chip with dayglo tiger.

Also, for green $25 have you tried mixing 3 different greens between base and spots? Or maybe a brown and blue spot? I think greens are the toughest chip to get right…

1695122711071.jpeg

1695122726173.jpeg

And if you are concerned that only one chip has a non- 1/4 spot pattern, you can always make a $500 :)

1695132236776.png

Last edited:
Have to say...fantastic job!!! There's not alot of other peoples custom chips that speak to me but I really like what you've done here! Congrats and enjoy!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom