The Canoe Club-Cash Set (CPC) (1 Viewer)

JMC9389

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score

Manufacturer: Classic Poker Chips

Stamp Designer: @timinater with an assist from @Johnny5

Hot Stamper Guy/Extraordinaire: @Josh Kifer

The Story (same as the tournament set, but in case you missed the tournament set, it's copy and pasted from here)

I know this is what you came for, without further ado:

Quarter: Base: Retro Blue, Spots: DG Peacock, DG Pink

Dollar: Base: Bright White, Spots: Imperial Blue, Light Green

$5: Base: Retro Red, Spots, DG Arc Yellow, Gray

Last edited:

Manufacturer: Classic Poker Chips

Stamp Designer: @timinater with an assist from @Johnny5

Hot Stamper Guy/Extraordinaire: @Josh Kifer

The Story (same as the tournament set, but in case you missed the tournament set, it's copy and pasted from here)

I know this is what you came for, without further ado:

Thank you for letting me join you on this adventure. Adore it.

Fantastic set Joe...I'm a fan (and member) of The Canoe Club

IMG_2247.jpg

@kmccormick100 has a point. Retro blue and blurple are astonishingly similar.
.View attachment 1019612

Yep, and with the light scattering effect of the cross hatching on the chip face, it's even tougher to tell them apart. The giveaway are the lack of brass flakes in retro blue (can really only see that in the barrel picks).

Hi JMC,
These chips are amazing! Thank you for sharing.
Just curious, was there a reason you didn't have CPC hot stamp them? I'm new to this community, I'm trying to learn about custom clay chips and hot stamping because I, one day, want to own a custom clay "hot stamped" set (hot stamp would be a dragon or dragon head). Is it common for people to buy from CPC with no inlay, and have someone else hot stamp? Just trying to figure out best practice, and at this point I essentially know nothing other than a few days worth of looking thru this website.

Hi JMC,
These chips are amazing! Thank you for sharing.
Just curious, was there a reason you didn't have CPC hot stamp them? I'm new to this community, I'm trying to learn about custom clay chips and hot stamping because I, one day, want to own a custom clay "hot stamped" set (hot stamp would be a dragon or dragon head). Is it common for people to buy from CPC with no inlay, and have someone else hot stamp? Just trying to figure out best practice, and at this point I essentially know nothing other than a few days worth of looking thru this website.
So I will say this with all due respect to David and CPC as a very happy repeat customer, but the stamping from CPC is of poor quality. There have been multiple documented instances of their stamps fading easily and with limited use. I got my stamps done by @Josh Kifer and the quality and depth of the stamp is night and day. The stamps on these will last generations. The CPC stamps would barely last two games before some fading is noted.

I'll tag @Ben8257 here as well as an owner of a CPC hotstamp set to offer his input as well.

So I will say this with all due respect to David and CPC as a very happy repeat customer, but the stamping from CPC is of poor quality. There have been multiple documented instances of their stamps fading easily and with limited use. I got my stamps done by @Josh Kifer and the quality and depth of the stamp is night and day. The stamps on these will last generations. The CPC stamps would barely last two games before some fading is noted.

I'll tag @Ben8257 here as well as an owner of a CPC hotstamp set to offer his input as well.
I adore CPC and David, so I try a tread somewhat lightly as a CPC believer. In my opinion (and again, just my opinion), Hot Stamping is a service that requires alot of management. Each chip, each side.

In massive production, this need can't be managed to the level as one dude doing each chip can manage. Every stamp I gotta clear the chip and make small edits to move to the next one.

I also PM the individual for each denom and tests to make sure the expectations meet each of our needs.

We have a few great Stampers on the forum, and I would recommend anyone wanting Hot Stamps to check each individuals (and CPCs) results to find the vendor that can help them make there set. It's all about expectations and meeting them.

Thanks for the info, this gives me something to think about before I go ahead and hot stamp a custom set.

I adore CPC and David, so I try a tread somewhat lightly as a CPC believer. In my opinion (and again, just my opinion), Hot Stamping is a service that requires alot of management. Each chip, each side.

In massive production, this need can't be managed to the level as one dude doing each chip can manage. Every stamp I gotta clear the chip and make small edits to move to the next one.

I also PM the individual for each denom and tests to make sure the expectations meet each of our needs.

We have a few great Stampers on the forum, and I would recommend anyone wanting Hot Stamps to check each individuals (and CPCs) results to find the vendor that can help them make there set. It's all about expectations and meeting the

We have a few great Stampers on the forum, and I would recommend anyone wanting Hot Stamps to check each individuals (and CPCs) results to find the vendor that can help them make there set. It's all about expectations and meeting them.
Thanks for the additional input. That makes sense what you said about big orders vs the need to focus on an individual chip. Maybe one day I’ll be reaching out to you about hot stamping a dragon or dragon head on my future CPC chips!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom