The Armory cash set mock-ups (2 Viewers)

The differences are so slight, I don't think it really matters. They all look great! (y) :thumbsup:

Prefer the smaller text of #1 and #2; the bottom row looks overstretched to me. Preference for light or dark background lines is really going to depend on how it looks on ALL inlays, not just one. Slight preference for light (#1) for this color combo.

Preference for light or dark background lines is really going to depend on how it looks on ALL inlays, not just one.

Exactly, and that's something even I haven't seen yet. I was favoring the darker iterations of the rays until this latest round of mockups...now I'm currently favoring 1 or 3. We'll see what happens when I see the set mocked up in its entirety.

And now for the full set, including the 7th chip - a snapper!

sg_set1b.jpg

While I'm open to general comments, I'd like your specific feedback on a couple of aspects:
  • The denom on the 1 looks askew to me b/c the 1 is so skinny compared to the other denoms - it's like the currency symbol is as wide or wider than the unit, which gives the impression that the unit iteslf is off-center. Do I leave it as is, or shift the currency/unit slightly to the right? If I shift that one, do I shift them all for left/right balance with currency symbol included?
  • Denom colors. Obviously some color matching has been done, but what the art is matched to varies from chip to chip. Currently the $5 and NCV have the same color, which I don't mind. Do I leave as-is? Switch the $5 to match the peach and the snapper to match the green? Other ideas?

Okay, we're far enough along to where I can post a full chip and get a little feedback. At the moment I'm primarily seeking feedback on the font for The Armory. Both are similar, but there are subtle differences.

I'm also seeking feedback on which background is preferred. As the rest of the set develops I may need to alter the background but I'd at least like to get your thoughts on the two that are primarily being considered at the moment.

1 2
3 4

View attachment 19772
I just saw this. That $20

Dayum!

General comment-give us samples!!!!! Don't be stingy on us!

Roughly 15 sample sets will be available, similar to the tournament set. I have yet to determine exactly how they will be distributed. @atomiktoaster volunteered to do the shipping for me since I dislike that part of it so much (thus the limited number of samples) and on my next set I will probably take him up on that, but it was a bit too late for this set.

Don't change a damn thing. The yellow looks fine as well as the alignment...and I'll pick up my sample in the summer, No shipping!!!! :)

Roughly 15 sample sets will be available, similar to the tournament set. I have yet to determine exactly how they will be distributed. @atomiktoaster volunteered to do the shipping for me since I dislike that part of it so much (thus the limited number of samples) and on my next set I will probably take him up on that, but it was a bit too late for this set.
Yeah, that's a standing offer if the the next set is half this good.

The snapper is so good that I will insist that we use them in NL. Two of those are $5 as far as I see it. You could get 20 racks of those and we could play $2.50 limit. :rolleyes:

Well then I say BULLSHIT! If atomic is shipping for you then you only have one to worry about so let us all get in. Of course I could still be pissed about missing out on the tourneys.

As far as centering I think you should center all of the single #'s

The snapper is so good that I will insist that we use them in NL. Two of those are $5 as far as I see it. You could get 20 racks of those and we could play $2.50 limit. :rolleyes:

I only had 25 made for me - one for my collection, four spares, and a barrel - because a barrel. Probably not enough to use in NL, but if you'd like to, knock yourself out!

It's the only one not using X14 spots because it was designed specifically for my collection rather than use with the cash set. I do agree though, Mike...the snapper is pretty damn tasty.

Well then I say BULLSHIT! If atomic is shipping for you then you only have one to worry about so let us all get in. Of course I could still be pissed about missing out on the tourneys.

As far as centering I think you should center all of the single #'s

Sorry, mate...quantities are locked for this set.

I was thinking about centering the single digits as well. I may ask John to do a mock up like that for comparison purposes.

The snapper is awesome, but there are so many good chips in this set. You already know how I feel about that fiver. ;)

While I'm open to general comments, I'd like your specific feedback on a couple of aspects:
  • The denom on the 1 looks askew to me b/c the 1 is so skinny compared to the other denoms - it's like the currency symbol is as wide or wider than the unit, which gives the impression that the unit iteslf is off-center. Do I leave it as is, or shift the currency/unit slightly to the right? If I shift that one, do I shift them all for left/right balance with currency symbol included?
  • Denom colors. Obviously some color matching has been done, but what the art is matched to varies from chip to chip. Currently the $5 and NCV have the same color, which I don't mind. Do I leave as-is? Switch the $5 to match the peach and the snapper to match the green? Other ideas?

Don't change a thing. They look fantastic as is!!!

Don't change a thing. They look fantastic as is!!!

Thanks!

Just for laughs and as a nod to your set, I thought about doing a "mock" mock-up of these with the swords changed to drivers, the hammer to a flag, and "THE ARMORY" to "THE BUNKER" :D

The latin would tend to apply as-is.

I keep coming back to look at these mock-ups. Man, are they sweet.

I meant to mention that the color-matching looks great as-is. SHIP IT!

Art is locked and paid for. Now all that's left is the waiting. After seeing the option/recommendation from someone who's done this a few more times than myself, I eliminated the gradient on the shield. Everything else remains the same. Thanks for everything, @Johnny5 !

sg_set1d.jpg

Awesome. Have I mentioned I want a sample set. Well, now I have. Loving every single one of them. That $20 is so sick. Well done.

Holy crap, that is insane! Those look sooo nuts. All of them. I did get a sample set of these, right?!?

If I had any doubts at all about placing an order on the scroll mold, they are now gone. Well done sir.

Wow, those look amazing in person. The snapper stack is sick, and I'm not one to focus on the stack view.

Let me know what I can ship for you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom