THC Solid custom tournament set (1 Viewer)

JustDave

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
These are not exactly the chips I'll be using but they are the colors I think I'm happy with. CPC Blurple is the only color stand-in presently. Not the correct yellow but the correct color(not going to mill a LV hotstamp don't worry.)

Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 11.39.25 AM.png

I do like that from a rainbow progression it works: Fuschia -> Purple -> Blue -> Green -> Yellow but not set on if I want to do the denominations in that order or if I want to do denominations like:
Green - 25
Blurple - 100
Blue - 500
Yellow - 1000
Fuschia - 5000

Which is a bit more standard from a color breakdown as relates to tournaments.

Haven't put a ton of thought into the inlay yet.

I agree with the switch for the Blue and Blurple. Not because I'm a stickler for standard tournament colours (I couldn't care as long as the values on the sticker/inlay are clear/obvious). I like the switch because:

Green T25 (dark) -> Blue T100 (light) -> Blurple T500 (dark) -> Yellow T1000 (light) -> Fuchsia T5000 (still light, but large contrast)

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 4.44.58 PM.png

I've either got everything or I've got them in route. Not using those blues but the same shade/hue of blue.

I'd originally wanted to use Arc Yellow but I think I'm coming to realize that's just not gonna happen, way too rare and hard to get in quantity.

Using a darker blue and using all very saturated colors I'm pretty happy with 10 players T20k:
80x Green - 25
80x Blurple - 100
80x Blue - 500
80x Yellow - 1000
40x Fuschia - 5000

If I ever have get a barrel of Arc Yellow maybe I'll do 20x 25000 chips just for fun.

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 1.02.34 PM.png

Considering a barrel of these to use as bounties.

Still no real thoughts on inlays.

I love it. Fantastic colors. I used similar colors. I am going to be adding on yellows for 25K actually.

I really didn’t care about classic color sequence so I went day blue 25, fuschia 100, Purple 500, day green 1k, radiant red 5k, and soon to be yellow 25k.

View attachment 519986

Interesting to see a white background inlay in comparison to @sheikh617 and the black inlay for his Bean Town as I'd been wondering how they'd compare to each other for my own inlays.

Interesting to see a white background inlay in comparison to @sheikh617 and the black inlay for his Bean Town as I'd been wondering how they'd compare to each other for my own inlays.

I think black inlay backgrounds work really well with colorful chips like yours.

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 10.13.07 PM.png

Dialed in the colors.

Working on ideas for inlays but at this point I don't really have any ideas I'm really happy with.

An issue I have is that I'm going to do:
80x25
80x100
80x500
80x1000
40x5000
10x Bounty

That's 370 chips and really like need to be 400 chips to evenly fit into racks. So like what other 30 chips can I add in?

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 9.01.13 AM.png

Got a barrel of the venetians 2s to use as bounty chips, and while they are really gorgeous chips, don't get me wrong, they aren't really working how I wanted with the rest of the set.

Thinking maybe Sam's Town:
Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 9.06.51 AM.png

The dream would be:
Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 9.08.28 AM.png

or something very similar. Not sure if I could do that though.

Looking for suggestions.

Radiant red (Scandia 5) or yellow (Cache Creek, Empress Star 5k) if you want to stick with colorful and work with the existing colors... or do what I did with my colorful set and go with with some contrast and the color of death: black (or charcoal). Maybe a black with really colorful spots... and there are lots of those and not too pricey either.

(photo by @justincarothers )

IMG_3987.JPG

I've been waiting a while for sample labels from gear but haven't heard back in awhile so tempted to cut out some black and white circles and see how I feel about inlays.

2020-09-22.jpeg

Some temporary inlays from @Josh Kifer so I could see what they'd mock up as next to the amazing bean town as an example of black inlays. I think I still lean towards white text on a black background.

Dave's THC_White (1).jpg

vs.
Dave's THC_Black (1).jpg

Some final tweaks with the art and I'll be ready for the next step... MURDER... by proxy.

View attachment 538077

Some temporary inlays from @Josh Kifer so I could see what they'd mock up as next to the amazing bean town as an example of black inlays. I think I still lean towards white text on a black background.

View attachment 538079
vs.
View attachment 538080

Some final tweaks with the art and I'll be ready for the next step... MURDER... by proxy.

Love the color flow and mockups!

If you do go white inlay, I would check out @WhiteMamba1646's custom sets; he seems to match the denomination text color with the chip color, which looks great. Not saying it would fit here, but might be worth looking at.

All packed up and going on a trip...

IMG_1187.jpeg
IMG_1188.jpeg
IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

Third pic got a foam topper and another layer of cardboard before being taped up. I may have gone overkill, but 'tape is free'. :)

Deburred the milling edges, cleaned and now drying.

Some got run through the ultra sonic cleaner(which I'm quite positive I will never ever do again, I hated that thing) if they were particularly dirty. Then everything got soap and water, thoroughly rinsed and is all drying.

Already pretty dry but I'm gonna give them a while to get out an excess moisture before moving on to oiling.

Labels are on the way and should be here around the end of the month.

IMG_1228.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom