Testimonials (11 Viewers)

I don't think I posted these in this thread yet, some of @Gear's finest work IMO. Sending the rest of them into be be converted this week.

New (and improved) Aztar Missouri $5 chips to replace the original worn giant inlay version. (originally Aurora Star T5 chips)

aztar-0223-jpg.150779
aztar-0228-jpg.150780

How could I forget about this thread...

Labels arrived 2 days before the annual Zombie Hall of Fame event (not the fault of Gear, but the nearly 20 days from postmark to arrival). New Inductee gets their image on 10 chips. Sure, this is a small potatoes order for Gear, but he has been willing to produce them so I can celebrate the players that made my club great.

Gear laminated labels on CPS chips.
Hof collection 2018.jpg

Another order received from Chris. The turnaround time was 1 or 2 days at the most. Shipping arrived 6 days earlier than the Post Office tracking said they would!
Labels came out beautiful as always.

I’ll be busy tonight!!! Pron of the whole set soon I hope. :D

Thanks again.

View attachment 160508

OMG 99 labels to a sheet. I soooo tilted right now.

OMG 99 labels to a sheet. I soooo tilted right now.

Heh :) It's actually more like 126, 160, or 198 to a sheet when they're printed, and I cut them down to 9x12 (ish) to fit in the Tyvek shipping envelopes.

The numbers depend on size:
126 = 9 rows of 14 (e.g. 1.125")
160 = 10 rows of 16 (e.g. 1")
198 = 11 rows of 18 (e.g. 0.875")

Rhodeman's labels were for CPC inlay replacement, so nominally 0.875", 198 per print, two sheets of 9 x 11 labels.

@Gear did absolutely incredible work with my Top Hat Cafe set. The pictures I have really don't do the labels justice. What's even better than that is that he worked with me to size the labels by sending me samples back and forth! Everyone knows that Chris is the man to go to for labels, but I figured I would add yet another A+ grade to his growing list!

IMG_0624.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3979.jpeg
    IMG_3979.jpeg
    255.2 KB · Views: 254
These might not appeal to a lot of those that like high end chips, but I can't brag enough about the product @Gear produces. It was really fun working on this set, and I appreciate that Chris makes it affordable for low rollers, like me! His work truly is amazing.

IMG_0307.JPG
IMG_0309.JPG

^ Don't undersell those, that is an awesome set!

Actual conversation with a buddy of mine tonight, whom I was showing my relabel projects. Made me LOL.

Me: [hands him a few chips] "This is the finished product."
Him: "What do you mean 'finished product?' "
Me: "Those were milled and the label was put on."
Him: "Wait this really has a label on it?"
Me: [shows him a blank milled chip and sheet of labels]
Him: "Holy &#$% you can't tell!"

@Gear put in a ton of work to get these just right and sent me I-can't-even-count how many free samples. He not only happily put up with my nitpicking down to a few thousandths of an inch adjustments, over and over, but even suggested these sizing samples to dial it in perfectly.

gHS0M4k.jpg

Quick pic of the first rack done, sorry for horrible quality. I'll get some better pron when everything is done.

ENQKBY1.jpg

@Gear put in a ton of work to get these just right and sent me I-can't-even-count how many free samples. He not only happily put up with my nitpicking down to a few thousandths of an inch adjustments, over and over, but even suggested these sizing samples to dial it in perfectly.

I LOL'ed when I saw this...If you only knew how nit picky he is about his own stuff!

Gear is a puzzle fan. Each job is it's own puzzle, and to find the solution is a huge satisfaction.
The harder and more complex the puzzle, the more satisfying the solution, no matter how many steps it took to solve it. :D

I love those Empress designs, and look forward to more pr0n.

I had the chance this past Friday to play with some chips using @Gear labels. If I hadn’t known anything about chips I never would’ve guessed that the chips were anything but 100% real Olivia’s quarters. Excellent work.

I had the chance this past Friday to play with some chips using @Gear labels. If I hadn’t known anything about chips I never would’ve guessed that the chips were anything but 100% real Olivia’s quarters. Excellent work.
Ahhhhh, indeed! With the small exception that there are no Olivia’s quarters!

Me too! ! ! Gear does great work.

Garden City ones relabeled into Aztar quarters. (not the best picture)

It is not a trivial fast task to do relabels at home. I suspect Gear has a jig rather than doing them by hand like I did. 120 chips was something like a 90 minute project spread out because it was hard to stay tightly focused enough to get the placement exactly right. But once done, the relabeled chips worked out great.

I'll note that chips Gear does in house are better than what I can do applying the stickers myself. You can't tell an in-house relabel + laminated chip is not part of the original chip set. The home done labels easily pass an in-game test but are visibly a relabeled chip facing careful examination. But sending the chips to Canada and back plus the extra cost from Gear makes inhouse work something like 5x more expensive. The self applied stickers are quite a bargain.

DrStrange

LOL looking to move these before I even have them all labeled. If interested hit me up. will have them posted for sale tonight or tomorrow. ( I will label them all before they are shipped out.)

Congratulations from me also for your impressive work!
I 'm interested in relabelling 100 blue Paulson CDIs to Pharaoh's NCVs.
PM sent to @Gear

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom