Testimonials (11 Viewers)

My new Cleveland Palm Beach additions (inlay replacements).

IMG_3595.JPG

Just got my labels in today for my .50 project... top notch as always! Didnt have much time tonight but had to do a couple barrels before bedtime :whistle: :whistling:
20170206_230229.jpg
20170206_224955.jpg
20170206_224944.jpg
20170206_225016.jpg
20170206_225156.jpg

Went ahead and had Gear outline the faux inlay to make it pop a bit, and i like the way it came out!

Yup thats why i threw that pic in there, probably about 30% of my 2s (out of 200) looked like a cat got a hold of them!

Unfortunately this is still a problem with the new Cincy (JACK) $2s as well. I typically go through 300 chips to find 1 decent rack. About half of them are immediately set aside due to having deep rack check marks. Luckily a lot of the marks will clean off with a Magic Eraser, but it really depends on how severe they are and whether or not they extend onto the mold of the chip.

Very nice looking fracs!

I am very happy with the labels I recently had printed by Gear Labels. Great work sir!

When I tried to print my own labels, it went okay, but one of the biggest issues I couldn't overcome was that as the blank label paper was being fed through my printer, it would become slightly crooked as it got to the end of the sheet. Therefore all the images were not centered (the circles on the sheets were pre-cut by the company), and in some cases it was quite noticeable. Well, when you have the right equipment, the results are amazing!

I chose the matte lamination, and the labels are only shiny in the pics because the strength of the flash on my camera can't be reduced. They look and feel great, the print quality is really sharp - especially considering that all the background images were grabbed from google, bing, etc. and edited in photoshop, and every image is perfectly centered on each label. This is high quality work and I'm very confident they will last for a long, long time. Thanks Chris!

sheets.jpg

sheet purple.jpg

sheet orange.jpg

group stacks.jpg

When I tried to print my own labels, it went okay, but one of the biggest issues I couldn't overcome was that as the blank label paper was being fed through my printer, it would become slightly crooked as it got to the end of the sheet. Therefore all the images were not centered (the circles on the sheets were pre-cut by the company), and in some cases it was quite noticeable.

That right there is the genesis of Gear Labels...

I remember when @Gear tried the very same thing 7ish years ago, and complained about the exact same issues. Being a printing nerd AND a chip nerd, he was able to do something about it. But the right tool costs more than a used car, so he had to start making them for all y'all just to justify the purchase!

The things you guys go through for chips...starting a business for Pete's sake! ;)

Curious why you chose to go non-denom on these?

I started out years ago with a non-denom set for flexability. I wanted to play cash or Tourney with the same set. I now have 4 (high end) sets, all non-denom.

I probably could have used demonated chips on this set, but already had the "Three Creek Ranch" art and decided to go with that.

I have 3 more sets in the works now, and at least 2 will be denominated.

FINALLY getting around to this.

A big THANK YOU to @Gear for this excellent outcome. about 2 years ago, I bought a bunch (600) of el dorado $3 hot-stamped drop chips. There were two versions, a LCV and SCV. The SCV had seen less table usage. I convinced Chris to lug them all back to the great white north to "hold for me to figure out what to do with them". A year later, the Cincy chips were available, and I finally decided what to do with these chips. So, a little horse trading and cash and fixing a printer later, got them for 4th of July antics and just now took some pics.
YES, they are a different mold, but sometimes you work with what you have that was cheap and make it work. Personally, I think they turned out *FANTASTIC* so bugger off if you don't like them, don't care. Technically, they also could be used for HS Cleveland as well.

And now the pr0n!

upload_2017-8-30_9-33-21.png

upload_2017-8-30_9-35-49.png

upload_2017-8-30_9-36-47.png

upload_2017-8-30_9-37-31.png

upload_2017-8-30_9-38-17.png

upload_2017-8-30_9-38-51.png

upload_2017-8-30_9-39-39.png

Thanks Chris!!

BiGGyT

I really like them. They look great as part of the set.

Congrats on getting them done after such a long wait.

I really like them. They look great as part of the set.

Congrats on getting them done after such a long wait.

Just to be clear, it was me that caused the wait, Chris was nice enough to store the chips for 1+ years while I decided what to do with them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom