Switzerland Poker Table (1 Viewer)

T_Chan

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I was contacted by a member here who asked me for a shipping cost to Switzerland. I thought to myself it must be in the thousands, but I was quoted $850 to go by ocean freight. After taking it into consideration, he placed an order and we went from there. Shipping ended up being less than that, $750 to go by air though he did incur some VAT and duty charges on his end.

I have to thank him a ton for being patient with this build. It took much longer than most of my builds due to some unforeseen circumstances including me running out of supplies as well as some mistakes with his custom cloth. In the end he is happy with his poker table and sent me some photos of the table in her new home.

His table is a full 48" x 96". It has a 5.5" wide rail and 5.5" wide oak racetrack stained Ebony black. Jumbo s/s cup holders in the R/T along with custom printed gaming suede. It has a 3/4" s/s raised rail as well as decorative nails around the outside perimeter and no legs to save on shipping. He installed his own.

A unique feature for this table is that it also has a removable full felt insert with Platinum SSC. It fits perfectly inside the rail and is the same thickness as the raised rail, so when the rail is replaced there's no gap between the rail and the playing surface. The underside of the insert has 1/8" closed cell foam glued on to protect the racetrack from scratches.

Anhang%204.jpg

Anhang%207.jpg

Anhang%206.jpg

Anhang%209.jpg

Anhang%2014.jpg

Anhang%208.jpg

Anhang%2012.jpg

Table? Sorry I was distracted by the chips. Oh I see it now. :D Very nice work Tony...top notch all the way. Some day I have to order one of your tables.

Beautiful. Certainly worth the cost. The design is classy.

Nice design on the insert. $750 shipped to Switz? can you price a shipment to the port of Dammam, Saudi Arabia? I'd have to get it at the port to clear customs. PM me please.

I was the one who contacted you for the shipping quote :)

$750 really isnt all that much. Though I think you told me that you sold the table without the legs to save on shipping cost?

You're going to have to open a European manufacturing facility now, Chan. Nice table + a happy customer.

I don't think I've seen the black on white suited speed cloth before. Where'd that come from?

I don't think I've seen the black on white suited speed cloth before. Where'd that come from?

It's not speed cloth; it's the suited pattern custom-printed on gaming suede. ChanMan's got the tools and the mad skills.

Tony - I love, love, love the idea of a full-table insert. It doesn't just address the racetrack haters... I like a rail, but for some games (especially non-poker games), I'd rather have no rail. It's really a great touch... and this is, as usual, a beautiful table you've made.

The fact that people are willing to pay such a price to have your tables shipped overseas is a testament to the quality of the work you do. Kudos to you, Tony, Kudos to you.

I was the one who contacted you for the shipping quote :)

$750 really isnt all that much. Though I think you told me that you sold the table without the legs to save on shipping cost?

Actually there was someone who asked for the quote before you so I guess 2 people asked me for quotes to switzerland. Yes this table was built without any legs. It still has a sub-base sheet on the table which makes it easy to install any legs you want.

Thanks everyone. He chose a very nice design and it was his idea for the insert.

The playing surface within the racetrack is a custom printed gaming suede. He wanted certain colors that weren't available on regular SSC as well as wanted a betting line.

I'll be sure to send you a PM slisk.

Hi Tony
It was a big pleasure to do this project with you. The outcome is awesome and I couldn't be happier with the result. You built exactly what I was looking for.
Certain hiccup can always occur but there was always good communication about the status quo. Most important for me was that I had full trust that you build something that fullfills your own quality criteria. I have my next poker night already scheduled, can't wait to play first time on the new table.

We'd love to hear feedback from your gaming crowd and/or pictures of it in play!

We all love our gear, but what we really dream about is enjoying it in action with good friends.

Nice table, congratulations to the builder and owner of one of the most elegant tables I've seen.

Holy crap, you make amazing tables Tony. I'm stoked I get to often play on one of your tables at my brother-in-law's house (Zippity)

When I'm not financially handicapped, I'll definitely be looking to you for my poker table in my future game-room. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom