Straddle Poll (1 Viewer)

What are the rules of straddling?

• UTG double BB only - one and done

Votes: 14 15.4%
  • UTG double BB, UTG+1 triple BB, etc. - unlimited but 1BB at a time

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • UTG double BB, UTG+1 double last straddle, etc. - unlimited and doubled each time

Votes: 52 57.1%
  • Mississippi straddle - anywhere and whatever amount (unless action dictates otherwise)

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • None - straddling ruins the game

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Other (post explanation)

Votes: 6 6.6%

• Total voters
We play two cash games.. depending on the night and crowd.

10c/20c with a $25 buy-in. Rebuy 60% of big stack to $60. In this game, straddle is 50c from UTG, with a cap of 3 straddles of 50c, $1,$2

In our 25c/25c game. Buy-in is $40, with re-buys 60% of big stack to $80. Straddle is 75c from UTG, to 3 straddles of 75c,$1.50,$3.

We also use a kill button in both games. When the kill is on, we play a hand of pineapple.
I have to ask: why 60%? I feel 50% or 75% would just be so much easier.

no rules, but accepted
i personally do not like it (it distorts the game)
but we never play that there is no limit to the number of straddles
it is usually one straddle or two anyway
the one guy who likes to do this always raises to any call
so if I have anything good I will go the over top
he will usually call anyway --lol

Last edited:
Usually just 1 straddle utg for 2x bb but last game we allowed an additional straddle to 4x bb.

I don’t like straddles. As a host, I like to keep the stakes as advertised. If a guy comes to play .25/.50 and there are a few straddles every hand, just play 5/10. Don’t care what other tables at my place do but I prefer a table with no straddles. BB should get to act last preflop, don’t care to change that either.

I don’t like straddles. As a host, I like to keep the stakes as advertised. If a guy comes to play .25/.50 and there are a few straddles every hand, just play 5/10. Don’t care what other tables at my place do but I prefer a table with no straddles. BB should get to act last preflop, don’t care to change that either.
Ditto…it only benefits the people that are on the waiting list for a bigger game. Super annoying…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom