Storage of all your chips (2 Viewers)

The ad mentions glass shelves, which sends up a red flag to me with respect to weight carrying capacity. I'd be curious to know how much weight those cross braces could handle.

The ad mentions glass shelves, which sends up a red flag to me with respect to weight carrying capacity. I'd be curious to know how much weight those cross braces could handle.
Ya some more investigation is needed. Tempered thick glass? if so that should be ok. and hope they will sell as one not two. $60 bucks for one is a great price IMO

tempered thick glass is still glass. Unless it's glass blocks, i'd pass. Not worth the risk..

tempered thick glass is still glass. Unless it's glass blocks, i'd pass. Not worth the risk..
I dont have that many chips though and I will be probably be just stacking them two high in racks without the birdcages like Tommy has his stored. Should be less stress in one area of the glass.

Ill see, they dont live far from me so may check it out tomorrow and report back

The weight of stored chips is not to be underestimated. When I had my chip drawers made, I had to order reinforced bottoms to support the weight of the chips.

Well, I just snagged newer pics of the drawers (with their current chips in residence).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'm not a big glass case fan due to the dust cleaning factor. You don't get to see the chips in a storage chest or Seville Classic but that is my preference. Less work.

Going to check out the units tomorrow. He wont sell individually, but still a good deal. Might resell the other one if I cant find a use for it.
I dont have to use the glass shelves... I can throw in some sturdy wood shelves for more support. They just look nice on the outside.

hey cool, 2000 posts! :)

$_27.JPG

Some quaint low security options displayed ITT. :whistle: :whistling:

View attachment 24681

@courage @Ben @Psypher1000

I want to do the exact same thing Chris has done with his Sarge. Here is the question. When games are not being played, could the locking top of that dealer's chiprack be removed and the 28 inch tool chest fit on top without sitting on the rack? Will the bottom of the chest have clearance over the chips if I stacked them with chips in the top? I presume this has a locking top.

I figured that this is the best solution for rebuys during a big meet up if it will work. Unlock and get chips out, money in, visible, movable,...perfect except for moving the top box off for an event.

Avoid the glass shelves. There's a disaster thread on CT where EmptyPoc's came crashing down under all the weight..... it was not pretty.
I remember those pics, looked pretty bad. The pics might still be found from there (if not via Imageshack).

@courage @Ben @Psypher1000

I want to do the exact same thing Chris has done with his Sarge. Here is the question. When games are not being played, could the locking top of that dealer's chiprack be removed and the 28 inch tool chest fit on top without sitting on the rack? Will the bottom of the chest have clearance over the chips if I stacked them with chips in the top? I presume this has a locking top.

I figured that this is the best solution for rebuys during a big meet up if it will work. Unlock and get chips out, money in, visible, movable,...perfect except for moving the top box off for an event.

I'm not sure what the bottom of the tool chest is like but I doubt this would work. When the dealer tray is loaded the chips at the shallow end are above the plane of the surface of Sarge.

I think so too. Would you be able to measure the total distance the highest chips (39mm) would be above the bottom of the wood? That isn't a deal breaker. I'm most concerned that the chest will sit flush with an empty tray.

If this is what you're describing, about 3mm for the lip of the tray, but I think it would support weight just fine. Chips are about 9mm above the lip, so 12 total or so.
20151210_030535.jpg

20151210_030442.jpg

I just bought a Pelican 1520 with pick-and-pluck foam for moving chips. ~$130 shipped. Thanks to MaxB for his pics and help. I'll post some filled shots after it arrives.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom