Storage of all your chips (3 Viewers)

The collections in this thread are amazing. I have none that compare..and yet with a new TChan table around the bend, I'm worried about insurance.

With my table and recent 3600 chip buying craze, I'm in for a hefty amount.

I wonder if a bunch of PayPal transactions will serve to prove anything about the costs of my chips. None of them irreplaceable by any count however.

I guess this is not the right thread to discuss this. Im very new to a 'collectible' type of hobby and worry about these things with the sudden investment I've made into poker and the chips to play with. It's a big number.

I'll start with my agent. Once I get my table, I'll arrange a meeting.

@Lemonzest if you got any suggestions or advice, I'd love to hear it. :tup:

PM and I can offer very affordable rates ;) J/k I dont sell insurance but I wish I did lol

I am pretty sure you can cover all these items in your house insurance. Just double check what number you are insured up to for contents insurance. IIRC mine is 35k which is probably low.

Also make sure to have good pics of everything.

Paypal should count as a receipt.

A few months back I finished some display cases that are built into my bar to display my babies, oriented so you see the chip faces instead of side paint:

20190407_224126.jpg

20190407_221438.jpg

Extras/overflow get boxed up and stored in the chip closet:

20190413_123705.jpg

@Irish

This setup is what dreams are made of, at least when I'm sleeping...

Just beautiful man!

Your passion and penchant for the hobby is clearly apparent.

A few months back I finished some display cases that are built into my bar to display my babies, oriented so you see the chip faces instead of side paint:...

Sweet! Does anyone else have a playable set of these ASM Black Sands from 2007 besides Irish and myself? I've always craved a cash set...
Black.gif

A few months back I finished some display cases that are built into my bar to display my babies, oriented so you see the chip faces instead of side paint:

View attachment 322069

View attachment 322071

Extras/overflow get boxed up and stored in the chip closet:

View attachment 322068
Curious @Irish my chipping buddy, what goes in the glass lockable cabinet bottom left? And is there a trash can incorporated below the sink, or do you just use a stand alone... Feel like there wouldn't be much room for one... Just curious! I have seen the setup in past pictures! Looks amazing buddy!!!

Curious @Irish my chipping buddy, what goes in the glass lockable cabinet bottom left?

Humidor, once I get around to finishing it. Been crazy busy this summer :bag:

And is there a trash can incorporated below the sink, or do you just use a stand alone... Feel like there wouldn't be much room for one... Just curious! I have seen the setup in past pictures! Looks amazing buddy!!!

Stand alone to the right of the sink (not shown in this photo). There wasn't enough room underneath the sink, combination of the way the sink drain had to be configured plus I have the CO2 cylinder and temperature controller for the keg in this cabinet (pic here).

Awesome setup indeed brother!!! You da man!! All looks stand alone and contained, did you build it in place or have plans of it ever leaving that spot?

Awesome setup indeed brother!!! You da man!! All looks stand alone and contained, did you build it in place or have plans of it ever leaving that spot?

It's built in and anchored to the wall studs, I had *just* enough space to get all the clearances I needed for each component, and needed the shelves and bar top to be pretty robust because of the free span over the two mini fridges (and weight of all the chips lol). I won't be moving for a long time :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Sweet! Does anyone else have a playable set of these ASM Black Sands from 2007 besides Irish and myself? I've always craved a cash set...
View attachment 322589

How big is your Black Sands set? IIRC you grabbed the extra ASM green and pink chips I sold a couple of year ago when I got my CPC add-on. I don't think I've seen anyone else on the site mention them, so they're either in hiding/storage or owned by CTers who didn't make the transition to PCF.

Have been cleaning up my little chip shelf

38E1CA57-40F9-4DFC-B841-E36858BF16CB.jpeg

1A230034-DD00-469D-A78D-5CE818A0B358.jpeg

7A80E849-A497-4782-A664-97D43F693A3E.jpeg

638CADEB-4D19-4820-AC12-3A2002F2B185.jpeg

The rest of my Dia De Los Muertos chips sit in a 600 ct birdcage on another shelf in my living space

Picked this up from Wayfair and put it together today. I think it was a mistake for me to use a power drill and I don't think this will travel well beyond my current place, but it will do the job. Considering getting lights to put inside each case so everything is in full display

image.jpg

I think I posted already about my shelf...but my sets have grown and changed a bit, so I wanted to show what I got. I definitely want a nicer shelf someday when money is abundant. For now..I'm recovering from buying all this craziness...I LOVE tournament sets!!!
IMG_20190913_133321.jpg

Special Edit : I've managed to ditch the above piece of junk shelf....for a better $20 piece from Craigslist:ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO: also added another couple sets and various barrels..
IMG_20191021_140806.jpg

Last edited:
I think I posted already about my shelf...but my sets have grown and changed a bit, so I wanted to show what I got. I definitely want a nicer shelf someday when money is abundant. For now..I'm recovering from buying all this craziness...I LOVE tournament sets!!!View attachment 336980

You have been busy, those are ALL premium sets. Nice work

I purchased this cabinet from 2nd use a while back. They said it was dropped off by a company that was remodeling one of the Seattle area High Schools. I have a before pic somewhere because I could see with a little TLC it would work great as a chip cabinet. I can't find the pic, but this thing was in rough shape. It stayed in my garage for a couple years just waiting for me to work on it. I had to replace broken glass, find a replacement key (I am stoked it locks) and refinish it . I still need to find better door pulls, but all in all, I like how it turned out.

I just put it in the basement yesterday because I finally got the floor down but didn't have the patience to put it in it's proper place (across the room), get the baseboards down, or paint. I just wanted to see it full.

353497C7-9A14-4C63-8535-74D108A289D3.jpeg

The only shitty thing was I thought I was pretty much content with my collection. After getting my chips into the cabinet, I realized I only have two tournament sets, so I am gonna need to fix that.

I purchased this cabinet from 2nd use a while back. They said it was dropped off by a company that was remodeling one of the Seattle area High Schools. I have a before pic somewhere because I could see with a little TLC it would work great as a chip cabinet. I can't find the pic, but this thing was in rough shape. It stayed in my garage for a couple years just waiting for me to work on it. I had to replace broken glass, find a replacement key (I am stoked it locks) and refinish it . I still need to find better door pulls, but all in all, I like how it turned out.

I just put it in the basement yesterday because I finally got the floor down but didn't have the patience to put it in it's proper place (across the room), get the baseboards down, or paint. I just wanted to see it full.

The only shitty thing was I thought I was pretty much content with my collection. After getting my chips into the cabinet, I realized I only have two tournament sets, so I am gonna need to fix that.View attachment 588289
Beautiful Cabinet indeed!! Only question... you mention moving it across the room, with that window behind the cabinet is there a chance natural light would hit the face of the cabinet on the other side of the room? You are a chipping veteran sir... I bet you know what happens to chips with long term exposure to natural light. Just thought maybe it was a possibility and worth mentioning!!

Well worth the effort to bring that beauty back to life!! Any plans to add some small LED puck lights inside?

Fellow Chipper Ben

Beautiful Cabinet indeed!! Only question... you mention moving it across the room, with that window behind the cabinet is there a chance natural light would hit the face of the cabinet on the other side of the room? You are a chipping veteran sir... I bet you know what happens to chips with long term exposure to natural light. Just thought maybe it was a possibility and worth mentioning!!

Well worth the effort to bring that beauty back to life!! Any plans to add some small LED puck lights inside?

Fellow Chipper Ben

The natural light was definitely in my thoughts from the beginning. I had contemplated getting museum glass that blocks the damaging UV rays, but the basement is pretty large so the chips will be about 25 feet from any window, and that side of the house only gets a few hours of sun in the morning, so I think they are safe, but now you have me worried. I may get the museum glass after all.

I have been thinking about lighting as well. I am hoping to get something more along the line of LED strips if I can find a way to hide them, but totally agree that something is needed. Thanks!

The natural light was definitely in my thoughts from the beginning. I had contemplated getting museum glass that blocks the damaging UV rays, but the basement is pretty large so the chips will be about 25 feet from any window, and that side of the house only gets a few hours of sun in the morning, so I think they are safe, but now you have me worried. I may get the museum glass after all.

I have been thinking about lighting as well. I am hoping to get something more along the line of LED strips if I can find a way to hide them, but totally agree that something is needed. Thanks!
Nothing wrong with LED strips as they will cast light evenly over the entire shelf... as far a hiding them, all you need is a 3/4" trim board shaped as a triangle about 3" back from the front of the shelf, facing the Triangle to the back. Most LED strip lights come with sticky back and are capable of being cut to length... I install a lot of it being a commercial electrician.

You will have to route the wire back and to a common LED Driver. I would also Suggest a dimmable driver as many of these cabinets are far too bright!!

If it was me and a risk of UV light hitting them I would change the glass. I have no idea how far away or how many hours each day would have an effect. But I would hate to see any signs of UV damage on your collection!!

Ben

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom