Storage of all your chips

Lemonzest

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The collections in this thread are amazing. I have none that compare..and yet with a new TChan table around the bend, I'm worried about insurance.

With my table and recent 3600 chip buying craze, I'm in for a hefty amount.

I wonder if a bunch of PayPal transactions will serve to prove anything about the costs of my chips. None of them irreplaceable by any count however.

I guess this is not the right thread to discuss this. Im very new to a 'collectible' type of hobby and worry about these things with the sudden investment I've made into poker and the chips to play with. It's a big number.

I'll start with my agent. Once I get my table, I'll arrange a meeting.

@Lemonzest if you got any suggestions or advice, I'd love to hear it. :tup:
PM and I can offer very affordable rates ;) J/k I dont sell insurance but I wish I did lol

I am pretty sure you can cover all these items in your house insurance. Just double check what number you are insured up to for contents insurance. IIRC mine is 35k which is probably low.

Also make sure to have good pics of everything.

Paypal should count as a receipt.

Irish

Flush
Reaction score
A few months back I finished some display cases that are built into my bar to display my babies, oriented so you see the chip faces instead of side paint:

20190407_224126.jpg

20190407_221438.jpg

Extras/overflow get boxed up and stored in the chip closet:

20190413_123705.jpg

Jeevansluck

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Irish

This setup is what dreams are made of, at least when I'm sleeping...

Just beautiful man!

Your passion and penchant for the hobby is clearly apparent.

pltrgyst

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few months back I finished some display cases that are built into my bar to display my babies, oriented so you see the chip faces instead of side paint:...
Sweet! Does anyone else have a playable set of these ASM Black Sands from 2007 besides Irish and myself? I've always craved a cash set...
Black.gif

sheikh617

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ben8257

Two Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few months back I finished some display cases that are built into my bar to display my babies, oriented so you see the chip faces instead of side paint:

View attachment 322069

View attachment 322071

Extras/overflow get boxed up and stored in the chip closet:

View attachment 322068
Curious @Irish my chipping buddy, what goes in the glass lockable cabinet bottom left? And is there a trash can incorporated below the sink, or do you just use a stand alone... Feel like there wouldn't be much room for one... Just curious! I have seen the setup in past pictures! Looks amazing buddy!!!

Irish

Flush
Reaction score
Curious @Irish my chipping buddy, what goes in the glass lockable cabinet bottom left?
Humidor, once I get around to finishing it. Been crazy busy this summer :bag:

And is there a trash can incorporated below the sink, or do you just use a stand alone... Feel like there wouldn't be much room for one... Just curious! I have seen the setup in past pictures! Looks amazing buddy!!!
Stand alone to the right of the sink (not shown in this photo). There wasn't enough room underneath the sink, combination of the way the sink drain had to be configured plus I have the CO2 cylinder and temperature controller for the keg in this cabinet (pic here).

Ben8257

Two Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome setup indeed brother!!! You da man!! All looks stand alone and contained, did you build it in place or have plans of it ever leaving that spot?

Irish

Flush
Reaction score
Awesome setup indeed brother!!! You da man!! All looks stand alone and contained, did you build it in place or have plans of it ever leaving that spot?
It's built in and anchored to the wall studs, I had *just* enough space to get all the clearances I needed for each component, and needed the shelves and bar top to be pretty robust because of the free span over the two mini fridges (and weight of all the chips lol). I won't be moving for a long time :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Irish

Flush
Reaction score
Sweet! Does anyone else have a playable set of these ASM Black Sands from 2007 besides Irish and myself? I've always craved a cash set...
View attachment 322589
How big is your Black Sands set? IIRC you grabbed the extra ASM green and pink chips I sold a couple of year ago when I got my CPC add-on. I don't think I've seen anyone else on the site mention them, so they're either in hiding/storage or owned by CTers who didn't make the transition to PCF.

RichMahogany

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have been cleaning up my little chip shelf

38E1CA57-40F9-4DFC-B841-E36858BF16CB.jpeg

1A230034-DD00-469D-A78D-5CE818A0B358.jpeg

7A80E849-A497-4782-A664-97D43F693A3E.jpeg

638CADEB-4D19-4820-AC12-3A2002F2B185.jpeg

The rest of my Dia De Los Muertos chips sit in a 600 ct birdcage on another shelf in my living space

Pesto628

Two Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked this up from Wayfair and put it together today. I think it was a mistake for me to use a power drill and I don't think this will travel well beyond my current place, but it will do the job. Considering getting lights to put inside each case so everything is in full display

image.jpg

Top Bottom