Storage of all your chips (1 Viewer)

Doing a swing out shelf might be a challenge, as the deeper the shelf, the more problems you'll face with clearances. You could do a really shallow shelf, or you just put a picture (on a hinge), and then have storage drawers behind it. Like these cabinet drawers I installed:

View attachment 26814 Or
Love the drawers. That's exactly what I envisioned under the pull out drawer. I was thinking about a door that use a pop out magnetic latch (left side), and hidden hinges on the right hand side.

The picture idea is a good one too.

BCC GCR "Gopherbluesman" tourney set stored in a custom wood case, with removable tray:

IMG_3069.JPG

PNY cash set in an ASM/CPC case:

IMG_2244.JPG

TRK Casbah Club small cash set, in a cool inlaid wood case I found on eBay:

Case1.jpg

Case2.jpg

case3.jpg

Last edited:
After getting all my racks from pgi I couldnt wait to get my chips displayed. Picked up these two bookshelves which fit perfectly. No theyre not exactly what I want but will hold me over till I find the right shelves. Looking for something shorter and wider. Maybe 8 feet wide and 4 feet high approximately and in black. Ikea has some that look pretty close to what I want. Also linking an old post of a cool 1000 ct chip case I fiexed up for chip storage from CT.
http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/threads/vintage-paulson-1000-chip-case-restored.89284/#post-1290930

20160120_162442.jpg

I had it made by a Amish woodworker in Pennsylvania. It is an adaptation of a flat file cabinet they made (they are now out of business) for architects and artists.

I had it made by a Amish woodworker in Pennsylvania. It is an adaptation of a flat file cabinet they made (they are now out of business) for architects and artists.

I found Amish Furniture Connections, a company that works with a number of Amish woodworkers. Check out this cabinet. For chip storage, one would want reinforced drawers and probably upgraded drawer sliders.

Cabinet.JPG

Disclaimer: I have not done business with this firm, have not actually seen their products in real life, and don't know anybody who has purchased anything from them.

I need to find a guy near Chambersburg, PA. I'm sure there are a few Amish builders in the area.
Any good woodworker would do, but these folk already made a cabinet that could be easily adjusted. Just plan out dimensions. Width/Depth ratio is important so it doesn't tip forward when you pull the heavy drawers out. My chest can take 2 drawers out at one time safely. 3 is tippy. The larger the drawers the more weight it has to carry. Also, think through the drawer depth to make sure a rack and chip height fits. Most flat files have drawers that aren't high enough for a normal rack with chips.
I designed mine for 3 racks wide x 5 deep with room for card storage or buttons and whatnot. If you have oversized chips, factor that into a drawer or two.

Also, I found the suits drawer pulls online. Search for the pulls first before you have them drill holes in the drawers. Once that's done, you may be narrowing down your options.

My house foundation is brick so I have a nice 10 inch oak ledge around the entire basement to set things on. It's the perfect size for a bird cage so all my sets are on birdcages on the oak edge.

I don't really have a close up shot but you can see a few of the birdcages on the ledge
IMG_20160729_244530870.jpg

After getting all my racks from pgi I couldnt wait to get my chips displayed. Picked up these two bookshelves which fit perfectly. No theyre not exactly what I want but will hold me over till I find the right shelves. Looking for something shorter and wider. Maybe 8 feet wide and 4 feet high approximately and in black. Ikea has some that look pretty close to what I want. Also linking an old post of a cool 1000 ct chip case I fiexed up for chip storage from CT.
http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/threads/vintage-paulson-1000-chip-case-restored.89284/#post-1290930

View attachment 28638

Potsie- working on restoring an old case myself and would love to see your case. Cannot open any pics on chiptalk even when I sign in. Can you forward or repost here?
Thanks

eBay, reputable sellers and free shipping, but it's available several places. Seville Ultra HD 6 drawer rolling cart. A bit of a pain to assemble but solid and good price. I installed a dealer tray in the top.
I have one that I use for my reloading bench along with the tall work bench that the chest sits under. Very solid stuff

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom