Star Wars The Last Jedi (1 Viewer)

So you suspect it’s someone unknown at the moment (a perfectly legitimate thought)?
Only saw it once the day after it opened and haven't exactly given it much thought. I assume they want you to think it will be Rey, not being a Jedi currently but that she will eventually become one. The one thing I am fairly sure of is that they are not saying or even implying that she is a Jedi at this point in time.

Only saw it once the day after it opened and haven't exactly given it much thought. I assume they want you to think it will be Rey, not being a Jedi currently but that she will eventually become one. The one thing I am fairly sure of is that they are not saying or even implying that she is a Jedi at this point in time.
Agreed. The fact that she took the Jedi texts supports the assumption that she will become a Jedi.

If these are such captivating tales that encompass the "expanded universe"... then why aren't they on the big screen?

The biggest hurdle to those expanded universe movies being made was Lucas himself. A big reason we are seeing elements from the expanded universe being introduced into the movies/TV series is because Lucas no longer has control.

Just came back from it (avoided this thread and other references until today). Liked it, but cringed with the flying Leia bit. And while I love seeing the Falcon, do we have to have a fly-the-Falcon-through-a-tight-space sequence in every movie now?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom