Is STAR WARS the most overrated franchise? (1 Viewer)

What's the most overrated movie franchise ever?

• Star Wars

• Rocky

• Fast & Furious

• Marvel (MCU)

• Harry Potter

• Star Trek

• Jurassic Park

• Bat Man

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Star Wars episodes 4-6 were pretty epic growing up.

The prequel trilogy was pretty disappointing. And it has aged terribly. It's pretty much unwatchable now. Hot garbage.

The recent trilogy was pretty underwhelming as well.

Andor was outstanding. Best Star Wars creation since the original trilogy. Hope season 2 is as good.

Oh, and all the Transformers live action movies have been complete trash. What a goddamn disappointment.

Long live Rey "Skywalker"

giphy.gif

Star Wars episodes 4-6 were pretty epic growing up.

The prequel trilogy was pretty disappointing. And it has aged terribly. It's pretty much unwatchable now. Hot garbage.

The recent trilogy was pretty underwhelming as well.

Andor was outstanding. Best Star Wars creation since the original trilogy. Hope season 2 is as good.

Oh, and all the Transformers live action movies have been complete trash. What a goddamn disappointment.
Only slightly ironic I just watched trailers for a new Transformers movie, new Fast and Furious, new MCU movie (guardians 3), and 2 new DC movies one of which includes apparently multiple previous Batman(s?). Now this new Star Wars trilogy and I’m sure more Harry Potter derivatives.

What do you all think of the Mission Impossible franchise?

Let me sum up every Fast & The Furious movie for you.

- people drive cars really fast
- sometimes it’s other vehicles too

That’s literally it. C’mon, it’s Vin Fucking Diesel, it’s not like he’s a perennial choice for thespian of the year.

Some of the best Star Wars stuff is in the novels. The Bane trilogy is a favorite of mine, along with Thrawn. As far as movies go, I grew up with 4-6, so those are my faves. Episodes 1-3 were okay because I dig the Sith and Palpatine's rise to power. I've had very little interest in 7-9. Imho, you need a great villain for a great story, and they did Palpatine wrong in those episodes.

I went with Fast and Furious but was surprised another franchise wasn't listed that's overrated. The Saw franchise. First movie was great, then it went all downhill from there. Now we're getting a Saw X :rolleyes:

I went with Fast and Furious but was surprised another franchise wasn't listed that's overrated. The Saw franchise. First movie was great, then it went all downhill from there. Now we're getting a Saw X :rolleyes:
Whole horror genre hasn't been great at sequels lol. Halloween? Incredible. Halloween 17: The Curse of the Curse of Myers? Not so much. Same with the 13th Friday the 13th lol.

Saw I liked the first three, I'll go out on a limb. Stories that work well enough following an incredible first movie, but gets awful pretty quickly.

Sharknado.

The first 11 were terrific, but they lost their way in 12 through 19. The last 3 were much better, but still haven't recaptured the magic of the original 5. I hope they get it back by the time the 30th film.
Oh jeez. We do family vacations to the Oregon coast and would drink and watch Jaws and Sharknado movies each night…

Until I showed my 6yo Jaws. My wife still hasn’t forgiven me. But my kid now respects the ocean.

Regarding Sharknado: the first 3 are great.

But Santa Jaws is where it’s at.

Oh jeez. We do family vacations to the Oregon coast and would drink and watch Jaws and Sharknado movies each night…

Until I showed my 6yo Jaws. My wife still hasn’t forgiven me. But my kid now respects the ocean.

Regarding Sharknado: the first 3 are great.

But Santa Jaws is where it’s at.
This is about to become a franchise, as they appear to have hit their Kickstarter goal for Velocipastor 2!
1681085523846.jpeg

I was a kid growing up with the original Star Wars trilogy. Super fired up for the Phantom Menace then Jar Jar Binks walked on the screen... WTF then little Anni doing his pod racing. Sooooo disappointed. Maybe this one's a fluke? And they kept being just as bad.
1681087833722.jpeg

I liked it until 7-9 came out. It absolutely killed Star Wars as a whole for me. I haven't had the desire to watch, or rewatch anything Star Wars since I watched ep 9

I liked it until 7-9 came out. It absolutely killed Star Wars as a whole for me. I haven't had the desire to watch, or rewatch anything Star Wars since I watched ep 9
Even the story of this cute little thing :) ?
IMG_3116.jpeg

Let me sum up every Fast & The Furious movie for you.

- people drive cars really fast
- sometimes it’s other vehicles too

That’s literally it. C’mon, it’s Vin Fucking Diesel, it’s not like he’s a perennial choice for thespian of the year.
"I Am Groot"

Even the story of this cute little thing :) ?View attachment 1143836

different-dads.JPG

I remember driving to Phoenix to see "Phantom Menace" at the better screen up there, and all five of us leaving wondering on the drive back "what was that?" By itself, that basically killed the franchise for me, but after seeing the rest of the prequel trilogy on TV, I knew I was done with it.

During COVID shutdowns, Force Awakens was on TV and halfway through, I found myself saying "I feel like I've seen this before", then connecting the dots and realizing it was a re-telling of "Phantom Menace" which was really a re-telling of "New Hope".

I'm old and cranky and am mostly done with franchises, but George Lucas killed whatever interest I had in Star Wars well over a decade ago, and really more than that. Star Trek hasn't done itself many favors in my book either. The deep-seated love of both fandoms has mostly killed both for me. I mostly blame Hollywood and the creative bankruptcy they seem to have (or at least the fear of anything not a guaranteed franchise moneymaker that seems to run rampant anymore).

Don't ask me to review or recommend your favorite show or movie. I'm the wrong person to ask anyway. The last good sitcom I watched was Coupling (the BBC version, and only the first two seasons), last OK "drama" was the first season of "Only Murders in the Building" and I stuck through the end of "Better Call Saul" only because I was invested in the characters. I'm definitely not your usual "Nielsen Family"! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nielsen_Media_Research

I had a great time going to star wars 7-9. There may have been a flask involved. I don't think I'll ever watch them again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom