Is STAR WARS the most overrated franchise? (1 Viewer)

What's the most overrated movie franchise ever?

• Star Wars

• Rocky

• Fast & Furious

• Marvel (MCU)

• Harry Potter

• Star Trek

• Jurassic Park

• Bat Man

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm more of a Star Trek guy anyway. The Motion Picture was a bit of a mess, trying too hard to be 2001. II-IV were either great or just plain fun movies and VI was really good. TNG as a series was great and DS9 was my favorite of all the ST series. Discovery is a bit of a mess too, but that should be ending soon. Picard season 3 was really good, even if it had a tad too much nostalgic fan service. Strange New Worlds gives me hope there is more good Trek to come.

Star Wars is a GOAT trilogy and then a bunch of movies that are not GOAT but they are fine. If someone is saying the sequels/prequels are so amazing then yes they’d be overrating them but I haven’t heard anyone saying that.

BTW, folks with kids, the correct order to introduce Star Wars to your children is
4-5-2-3-6

1 skip altogether

And 7-8-9 is there if they want to watch it on their own.

If we’re taking a franchise-wide view, then my vote is actually Jurassic Park. There’s only one good movie in the entire franchise (sadly, because that one really is a GOAT), and yet the franchise has printed billions. Every other franchise here has a better good movies to dollars made ratio.

Star Wars is a GOAT trilogy and then a bunch of movies that are not GOAT but they are fine. If someone is saying the sequels/prequels are so amazing then yes they’d be overrating them but I haven’t heard anyone saying that.

BTW, folks with kids, the correct order to introduce Star Wars to your children is
4-5-2-3-6

1 skip altogether

And 7-8-9 is there if they want to watch it on their own.
What about Rouge One? Isn’t that worth a mention?

After Disney’s trash SW trilogy, I appreciate the prequels much more now haha Rouge One and some of the shows aren’t terrible though

I grew up with the OT, but I honestly think Rogue One is my favorite Star Wars movie (okay, some days I have it second, behind Empire Strikes Back). But I’m now at the point where I would be much happier if they never told another story related to the Skywalker family again. We have thousands of years and a whole galaxy to play with, we don’t have to keep doing the Ahsoka thing of everything being callback after callback.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom