St. Jo's Frontier Chips (1 Viewer)

Sap

High Hand
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted some help identifying this seal or stamp on chips. New to the hobby so just curious as to what this is and possibly how old these are. I’ve not seen “theChipRoom.com” seals before, but I’ve also never been in possession of Paulsons. Thanks for any assistance!
E3440CF2-70B3-48C5-A452-500443292DD3.jpeg
64D3F6FA-C832-4F72-A845-6931955C5F1D.jpeg
DCD09B20-73A0-40C1-9B48-44DC2B2AD08E.jpeg

Last edited:
Those are well worth cleaning. I’d be interested in some of them if you decide to part with them

Reactions: Sap
Those are well worth cleaning. I’d be interested in some of them if you decide to part with them
So that “theChipRoom” stamp needs peeled off or something?

Last edited:
In reading past posts about these chips, it seems that it was the cancellation stamp causing the cracks in the chips and this was unavoidable on a lot of the $25 chips.

So I suppose getting a set of these $25s comes with the knowledge that most have been cracked by the cancellation stamp. Good to know!

Last edited:
In reading past posts about these chips, it seems that it was the cancellation stamp causing the cracks in the chips and this was unavoidable on a lot of the $25 chips.

So I suppose getting a set of these $25s comes with the knowledge that most have been cracked by the cancellation stamp. Good to know! Seems like these can still sell :)
You can remove the stamp easily with non acetone nail polish remover. Get a bottle and some rags, ears swaps or whatever and the stamp will come right off. Use search to see what to do for same.

So I suppose getting a set of these $25s comes with the knowledge that most have been cracked by the cancellation stamp. Good to know!
Sadly the cancellation process damaged the vast majority of all denominations except for the $5s. Because all the $5s are Giant-inlay RHCs, my best guess is that this inlay provided more rigidity & allowed them to withstand the pressure of the hot-stamping process.
Some cracks are more obvious than others & smaller stress fractures running along the edge spots can only be seen upon very close examination.

As for age, the chips were pulled from circulation late 2005 and offered for sale by @TheChipRoom the following year.
St Jo Frontier 25s secondary.jpg

Reactions: Sap

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom