St. Jo Frontier Secondary (Chip Price Estimate) (1 Viewer)

Sap

High Hand
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I mentioned this newfound hobby to family and had an uncle mention an old set of chips in his closet that he bought from the chip room years ago. I told him about this forum and said I could probably sell it off to someone who would enjoy them and get him some money.

I’ve got some interest in the set, but want to make sure it is priced fairly and I can give a great deal to someone here.

I’m going to be as transparent as possible with all the information I know. Thanks for any help!

Here is the chip guide link:

http://chipguide.themogh.org/cg_chip2.php?id=MOSJSJ&v=1704172379

I have:
400 - $25s THC (219 have cancellation stamps, 181 have cancellation stamps removed)

108 - $5s RHC (Also he sent me a picture of 142 more he found today)

260 - $1s THC

Total: 768 (910 with the ones he found today)

There was quite a bit of discoloration, so I washed them all with dawn soap and water. There is still quite a bit of discoloration on some of the chips after cleaning. There definitely seems to be a correlation between discoloration and the chips who have their stamps removed. Whoever removed them may have not been very careful… There are 181 (180.5) greens with their stamp removed:
1680987060346.jpeg

And there are 219 with stamps still on, and the discoloration is less noticeable but still there:

1680987102205.jpeg

Also, there is some bend as you can see when holding them flat. I assume this is from the stamp/fractures in the chips. Here’s another photo of that on a random barrel:

1680987161665.jpeg

All of the $1s and $25s have some sort of fracture that is noticeable from the cancellation stamp. Some you have to look REALLY hard for, but you will be able to see a tiny tiny crack. For others, it is a bit more pronounced.

The $1s and $5s are in a similar boat of discoloration, although the $5s don’t have fractures. Here are the $1s:

1680987205595.jpeg

Here are the $5s:

1680987257124.jpeg

Not immune to bites or discoloration as well…
1680987319126.jpeg

Being quite new to the hobby myself, these seemed pretty rough to me at first, but I don’t know how big of a deal these issues are. Maybe these can be cleaned back to some beautiful, uniform chips?

Thanks for any feedback, just trying to create a good price and give someone a good deal to help complete any sets! Thanks.

Last edited:
It is such a shame so many of those chips got fractured. But for that, you would be sitting on a chip mine.

Reactions: Sap

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom