Sports Trash Talk (8 Viewers)

Huge call on the targeting. What a game. #geauxtigers

I am not a fan of the targeting penalty - I feel sorry for the guy who got ejected.
Tough play...I honestly thought that Stevens hit on the WR who was still in the air was a worse hit, but they are trying to protect the players. I don't like the ejection either.

Agreed, targetting needs to go away.
I don't know if targeting rules needs to go away, but it sure seems like there needs to be some common sense applied. No way that was with intent.

I don't know if targeting rules needs to go away, but it sure seems like there needs to be some common sense applied. No way that was with intent.

Nope, needs to go away, back to the unnecessary roughness penalties. Leave it to the officials to call at real game speeds. There's no good way to define it, a good form tackle that happens to catch the wrong way is now "targeting". 95% of the time you know a dirty hit when you see it.

LSU has made some great adjustments, well played.

Nope, needs to go away, back to the unnecessary roughness penalties. Leave it to the officials to call at real game speeds. There's no good way to define it, a good form tackle that happens to catch the wrong way is now "targeting". 95% of the time you know a dirty hit when you see it.

I could even support a 5 or 10 minute penalty, but not a game ejection.

I don't think leading with the crown of the helmet is a good form tackle. It sucks when it's a close call, but I agree with the theory of the rule.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom