Sports Trash Talk (5 Viewers)

I’m from LA, and have been a diehard Laker fan since I was too young to remember. I’m in total shock. Was having a debate late last night about him at the poker table. The timing is just scary. No words.

Thanks for the LSU National Champions shirt :D

F0AFC94B-1F91-4A83-A1D3-5B3225FA9A88.jpeg

I got some socks to complete the look :cool

GEAUX TIGERS !!

@k9dr what's your connection to LSU? I've been meaning to ask you that, but never got around to it.

So the Astros hired you as defense counsel? Or just as an consultant to write closing arguments.... ;)

The guy was not an All-Star, but struggling to stay in the Bigs, getting shelled by the Astros doesn't help his cause. Is it coincidental that his last game was against Houston? Maybe/probably. A couple of good outings and he might've stayed in The Show...instead, he ended up in Japan.

So the Astros hired you as defense counsel? Or just as an consultant to write closing arguments.... ;)

The guy was not an All-Star, but struggling to stay in the Bigs, getting shelled by the Astros doesn't help his cause. Is it coincidental that his last game was against Houston? Maybe/probably. A couple of good outings and he might've stayed in The Show...instead, he ended up in Japan.

Look what happened to Yu Darvish. Not that he’s hurting for money, but the Cubs said they felt like they stole him because teams were iffy on him after he got shellacked by the ‘Stros in the Series.

Hardly lol. The Astros are pieces of shit, but come on, that dude is reaching. So I'm guessing 2014, 2016 and his 8-19 record the Astros fault too? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

His words, not mine:

I made my first appearance in the majors for the Diamondbacks in 2014. From there, I played for the Los Angeles Dodgers in 2015, where at one point I was proud to post a 2.83 earned-run average through 16 starts. I was sidelined for most of the 2016 season with an injury, then was traded to the Toronto Blue Jays and sent to Triple-A. Focusing on getting back to big leagues, I embraced the label of journeyman.
Toward the middle of the 2017 season, I was transitioning into the role of relief pitcher. My first few games as a reliever made me optimistic: This could be my future in baseball. Then came the Astros game on Aug. 4, 2017, in Houston.

I remember the game vividly, because it was my last and worst in major league baseball. The stadium was packed. I live in Texas, so my wife and her friends were there. The Astros got off to a lead, and I was brought in during the fourth inning. The Astros seemed to know every pitch that was coming. I threw 29 pitches, and the Astros scored four runs off me in one-third of an inning before I was taken out. My pitches were getting smashed, and I ended up walking a few batters because the Astros appeared to know when to lay off.

Yet Crane said the cheating “didn’t impact the game”.

Yeah, those guys should only be vomiting apologies when they open their mouth. The ones that have downplayed it just make it that much worse.

The fact that they’re so smug about it and seem to have moved on is even worse. I can understand granting player immunity to get more answers but how they didn’t strip the title is a total joke to me.

MLB suspends the manager and GM and grants the players immunity so they can get to the bottom of things.

The Astros then fire the manager and GM because they didn't stop it and do nothing to the players who were the actual wrong-doers.

That's like suspending then firing the floor and the booth announcer and letting Postle continue to play without repercussion.

MLB suspends the manager and GM and grants the players immunity so they can get to the bottom of things.

The Astros then fire the manager and GM because they didn't stop it and do nothing to the players who were the actual wrong-doers.

That's like suspending then firing the floor and the booth announcer and letting Postle continue to play without repercussion.
Yes but I believe that MLB wouldn’t have gotten to the bottom of things without the players. I would probably grant Postle immunity from prosecution if he exposed the whole thing. Of course he probably wouldn’t be allowed to play again anywhere but the players union is quite strong whereas Postle is a lone wolf. Also, Postle being caught is totally different from the Astros being caught. Many teams reported it back in 2017 but MLB did little to stop it, only able to do so after Fiers blew the whistle and with the cooperation of the cheaters themselves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom