Sports Trash Talk (4 Viewers)

shorticus

4 of a Kind
Tourney Director
Supporter
Reaction score
We don’t have a spot for this, so I figured I’d create one. We apparently have lots of sports fans here so I figured it would be nice to get some friendly banter going here! :)

The Dodgers lost the NLDS to the Nationals, a team which had previously never won a post-season series. That is all.

The Dodgers lost the NLDS to the Nationals, a team which had previously never won a post-season series. That is all.
I love Kershaw, and as a raiders and clippers fan, it’s nice just to have a perennial playoff team.

But wtf, at some point it’s not just bad timing. Poor guy is standing center of every LA playoff meltdown the last 6 years.

Im with @bsdunbar1 that college football is the best sport to watch because people are so passionate and fan bases are so huge.

I've watched the Wings win a Cup and the Yankees win the Series... But nothing was better than the glory days of MSU football. All but that ass kicking in the CFP.

I love Kershaw, and as a raiders and clippers fan, it’s nice just to have a perennial playoff team.

But wtf, at some point it’s not just bad timing. Poor guy is standing center of every LA playoff meltdown the last 6 years.
Disclaimer: Giants fan. Kershaw's post-season troubles make me like him so much more. There's not much I can relate to as deeply as choking under pressure. FTD and all, but I just want to give Kershaw a hug.

Disclaimer: Giants fan. Kershaw's post-season troubles make me like him so much more. There's not much I can relate to as deeply as choking under pressure. FTD and all, but I just want to give Kershaw a hug.
I dig em. Seems like a down to earth guy, one of those millionaire athletes I wouldn’t mind having a beer or playing poker with.

I turned the game off after that second home run. Figured we’d still win, it was like 1 am, and I couldn’t handle the repeated cutaways to him by himself on a bench in anger/bewilderment/sadness.

Elway has a super bowl as GM, which is the only thing keeping him in his job right now.

Not a Seattle fan?

I live in Seattle, and while I do have a soft spot I’ve developed for the Hawks over the almost 30 years I’ve lived up here, I was born in Arizona and have been a lifelong bronco fan. Watched The Drive on tv as a 7year old with no team and became a fan of elway and the broncos for life at that moment. I’m a pretty loyal person, not even the Cards coming to the valley and the rest of my family going bird crazy shortly after would sway me away from my first love.

Only just now warming up to the Hawks again after the just UNNECESSARY ass kicking they gave us in 48. ;) I wouldn’t refer to them as anything but the shitbirds up until last year.

My user name is actually just a little inside shot at my buddies up here, for a LONG time the fans were referred to as the 12thMan, but A&M used that first, and more importantly trademarked it, and Seattle had to switch to the 12’s. I always give my buddies crap that the bandwagon fans called attention to them using 12thMan and if it wasn’t for them they would still be using it. lol

Elway has a super bowl as GM, which is the only thing keeping him in his job right now.

That, and generally just being a king in Denver. Maybe it’s a little different if he doesn’t get his two, but he has a gotten a lot of latitude just for being elway. Add that to the super bowl and there has been a lot of smiling and looking the other way.

A Cleveland fan in Idaho. It’s like you wanted to represent the two worst parts of America
I know I know. Northern Virginia is a beautiful place where marrying your sister and cousin isn't frowned upon. More power to you bro.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom