Speed cloth with elastic on a round table

Irish

Flush
Reaction score
Good stuff, thanks! I have a folding table that I use for the very occasional time we need a third table, I have one of those big mousepads things but would like to do something like this over it.

DoubleEagle

Flush
Reaction score
Ikea.

Found a couple cheap tables on Craigslist. $25 for 8 legs, and the table tops were converted into shelves in the shed.
They looked a little like the Robur legs a lot of us used to use many years ago. They aren't available anymore. @Irish will probably remember them.

Poker Zombie

Straight Flush
Reaction score
I used Robur on my second table build.

While these aren't as good (they're smaller diameter, a lighter-weight metal leg and connector plate) they are easily "good enough" for 1/6 the price.

Mrs Poker Zombie

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Requires a channel/pocket/sleeve for the drawstring to be sewn in all the way around the outside.
It also requires installing a few grommets so the cord can have spots outside of the channel without friction wearing our the opening. Nothing like a sewing item that requires a hammer to install! o_O:)

Overall, it didn't take overly long to create, just smooth, consistent feeding of the fabric through the sewing machine. I actually used the serger first to make a better edge to fold and sew.

waddadonk

Sitting Out
Reaction score
It also requires installing a few grommets so the cord can have spots outside of the channel without friction wearing our the opening. Nothing like a sewing item that requires a hammer to install! o_O:)

Overall, it didn't take overly long to create, just smooth, consistent feeding of the fabric through the sewing machine. I actually used the serger first to make a better edge to fold and sew.
This is beginning to sound like much more work than I should put into for a rare poker game! Just looked up what a grommet is and see that it requires like three specialized tools (
).

Maybe I'll just lay down the padding on the table, then speed cloth over it ... how annoying would adjusting that that end up being for a few hours of a home game every few months?

T_Chan

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
You can use large binder clips to hold the fabric in place if grommets are too much of a hassle.

waddadonk

Sitting Out
Reaction score
You can use large binder clips to hold the fabric in place if grommets are too much of a hassle.
I like your thinking. Also I think I just watched a video of you putting cloth on a poker table. It was very relaxing.

DoubleEagle

Flush
Reaction score
This is beginning to sound like much more work than I should put into for a rare poker game! Just looked up what a grommet is and see that it requires like three specialized tools (
).

Maybe I'll just lay down the padding on the table, then speed cloth over it ... how annoying would adjusting that that end up being for a few hours of a home game every few months?
We didn’t use grommets and it worked well.

Mrs Poker Zombie

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
).

When you buy grommets, they come with the special tools.

All I can say is that in a game where we had the cloth just spread, it kept shifting towards one end of the table.... the guy winning the chips. We kept having to pull it back. I concur with T_Chan - clips is where it is at then.

Top Bottom