Solver says call this flop raise - do you? (1 Viewer)

Here's how I would play it in a live game. I typically play small ball.

Preflop, limp, or bet 3x bb

Flop. Pot sized bet to see where I'm at. If he raises, I fold. Might have bluffed me, but is in the bb so could have played a 2 or a J preflop. Also could have 66 or higher pair. Could have played anything.

Bottom line is, I'm trying to flop a set. Didn't, so now I ask myself, "self...how much are you willing to spend on this adventure?" Especially when I have no clue where I'm at.

To all that don't know:

Fast fold, or zoom poker is a way of playing where as soon as you are folded, you are immediately transferred to a new table with random players from the pool. Once the table is full, a new hand is dealt. Those that fold are removed (in turn), and those that put money in play as normal. There might be hundreds of players in the pool and everybody is random (no names on ignition), so you will never have history on another player. You can early fold and go on to the next table, but to players awaiting their turn, you appear to still be sitting there....so play still goes in turn. i.e. you can fold small blind immediately, but the UTG player has no clue you did this, even though you are off playing another hand.

I have played it some. I don't really like it, most likely because I lose. In truth, I would prefer to play where I can get some reads on players, even if they are short lived reads (still anonymous on ignition). It does suck though, when you are just staring at the screen waiting for some a-hole to go while watching his 30 second timer click off. Meanwhile, zoom players have played 12 hands.

And yes, I agree too. Live poker is sooo much better. But, I can play online in my house while watching a movie with my family. Everything has it's place. Even Zoom Poker.

Here's how I would play it in a live game. I typically play small ball.

Preflop, limp, or bet 3x bb

Flop. Pot sized bet to see where I'm at. If he raises, I fold. Might have bluffed me, but is in the bb so could have played a 2 or a J preflop. Also could have 66 or higher pair. Could have played anything.

Bottom line is, I'm trying to flop a set. Didn't, so now I ask myself, "self...how much are you willing to spend on this adventure?" Especially when I have no clue where I'm at.
The golden rule in zoom, never limp pre. People waiting to act might not even be there anymore.

That's why zoom sucks...LOL!!

Seriously though, I don't play online poker. Tried it twice and hated it. Shit gets borrowing doing shots by yourself. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Straight up, if I got to host 5 games a month, I would never pick up a computer in my off time. You are missing out on nothing, my friend. For the casual player, online is a way to play when you cannot otherwise play. At best, it's a poor substitute for live.

EDIT to add: I play online 5 days a week. It does not scratch the itch.

So we call and then a spade or any overcard to our 5 comes and V fires again ... I cant call here.
What is our plan for turn? How many brick turns are there for us? A 3 or a 4? No good turns for us except a 5.
Like villain's 3.5x raise size in position, though it's so annoying to see Kc9c here lol. Good on villain for pressing that backdoor equity. And so interesting to see that it's a pure call in GTO+.

I'm neutral between calling one here and x/folding a lot of turns versus just folding now. Planning on folding to a turned J or spade for sure, evaluating other cards but leaning fold. Fwiw, I do think if villain is raising you irrationally wide (in an already wide vs. wide formation) that the turn should go x/x a decent amount of the time. It's nice that a lot of the scare cards for you will also be scare cards for villain, in that regard.

While it'd normally be nice that we have the 5s (meaning that when we do suck out and bink a 5 on the turn, it doesn't complete someone else's flush draw), that's actually a negative here both because of the paired board (would give us awesome implied odds if the 5s boated us up and completed someone else's flush draw) and because we block some logical bluffs (As5s, 5s4s, 6s5s, etc.). Because of that, I'm more inclined to call with my non-5s combos of 55 and fold this hand.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom