SOLD Snapper Sunday Sale (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes... then add some flattening in. I personally think it is worth it.

On the plus side the inlays come off very easily (maybe due to yellowing underneath?).
I guess I have signed up for the full chipping experience. Ill definitely be earning quite a few chipping bagdes on this project.

#relabel #flatten #whateverelseisrelevant. lol

I think I’ll wait until June to clean them. Hopefully by then, some crazy scientist will come up with something to throw into the ultrasonic and they will become magically clean.

Is anyone that lives close to UT getting their chips today? I think most would get them Thursday.

Looks like those in the Snow and inside will have time for cleaning these.

Me--I'm Very Retired, Old, and get tired easily , so my time isn't as precious as some of you.

One of my favorite times is cleaning and oiling chips.

Thinking back several years, I remember some were using a Carpet Cleaner to clean really dirty chips.
Can't think of the name right now.

Anyone else remember this? Maybe someone can find it in our past post.

Now I understand, I did try TSP, Dawn, and Denture Cleaner, and nothing touched the Yellow stuff.

Back to the drawing board.

Now I understand, I did try TSP, Dawn, and Denture Cleaner, and nothing touched the Yellow stuff.

Back to the drawing board.
I think what people forget is that the "yellow" is part of the chip that has discoloured. Some is lose dust and some is right in the chip.

Anything that eats it without manual scrubbing action would be potentially eating the chip material in general.

I think what people forget is that the "yellow" is part of the chip that has discoloured. Some is lose dust and some is right in the chip.

Anything that eats it without manual scrubbing action would be potentially eating the chip material in general.
I agree, the actual chip material is changing. An analogy is rust...you don’t remove it by cleaning, it needs to be physically removed because it IS the material, not something ON it.

I agree, the actual chip material is changing. An analogy is rust...you don’t remove it by cleaning, it needs to be physically removed because it IS the material, not something ON it.
1612387076907.gif

chip rust. its NOW a thing. from this day forth the yellow stuff will be referred to as chip rust.

Bought a variety pack of magic erasers from Costco with extra strength, dawn infused, and febreeze infused
36E78D8D-808A-49EC-9C80-68968B25D7B6.jpeg

20 chips on left were cleaned with extra strength and 20 on right with dawn. Dawn lathers up and cleans better than extra strength. Also used about 25% less sponge
3507DBFD-FC47-40B4-9C63-D3A055C18F31.jpeg

If you have the option go with the dawn magic eraser

Last edited:
Bought a variety pack of magic erasers from Costco with extra strength, dawn infused, and febreeze infused
View attachment 629145
20 chips on left were cleaned with extra strength and 20 on right with dawn. Dawn lathers you and cleans better than extra strength. Also used about 25% less sponge
View attachment 629148
If you have the option go with the dawn magic eraser
thanks for sharing. time estimate? also are you planning on keeping them as snappers or relabelling? from the pics the inlay looks like it has "chip rusted" also.

thanks for sharing. time estimate? also are you planning on keeping them as snappers or relabelling? from the pics the inlay looks like it has "chip rusted" also.
Relabel or overlabel not sure yet. Maybe took 30 min a barrel. Planning on doing them again especially on the edges but faces are pretty good

Relabel or overlabel not sure yet. Maybe took 30 min a barrel. Planning on doing them again especially on the edges but faces are pretty good
Ok thats still in the realm of acceptability. From what @grantc54 has been sharing I personally think murder and relabel is the way. Especially since there is a high chance there is chip rust under the inlay which ideally should be removed also.

The edges are what really eats up the magic eraser.

I need to keep an eye out for the dawn magic eraser, but I only have 18 chips left to clean.
To do the edges, would it be less wear-and-tear on the eraser if you scrubbed a small stack instead of each chip alone?
i found cleaning chips with a brush this way superior to doing it one at a time.

If you stack your chips and clamp them then use the magic eraser there’s less edge and you still get it all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom