Tourney Sloppy dealing- do you speak up (1 Viewer)

What do you do for dealer errors?

• Not in the hand, zip it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Speak up

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

Frogzilla

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
The WPT was about 30 dealers short, and turnout was high, so some very exhausted dealers were making pretty egregious errors in a turbo satellite. I spoke up even though I was not directly affected. Most were after showdown, I’m curious what the groups thoughts on it are…point it out or just stay out of it?

1) Short stack in seat 8 goes all in for 6000 and doubles through seat 3. Player says it’s 7000, seat 9 confirms 7000 dealer counts it down as 7000 (4x 1k, 2x 500, 10x 100)

2) player with <1 bb posts it as the ante (WPT is blind first except for main)

3) a lively discussion on whether the cutoff, who jammed for <1 bb, was eligible to win the BB ante. Dealer said no, but the table was split. Floor got called for this one

4) ante awarded to a side pot instead of main pot

5) blinds 600/1200, UTG jammed for 1100 , CO rejammed for 5bb, SB called, BB folded. Dealer pulled entire BB into UTGs pot instead of 1100 main and 100 into the side (regretted mentioning this one but I was so tilted with the shitshow)

6) dealer counts down an all in but uses stacks of 20 for the 60+ 100s and counts them as 1k each

Be as polite about it as possible - even the best dealers make dumb mistakes when they're overworked and exhausted. But it's definitely a good idea to point out these mistakes.

In a tournament these types of mistakes affect everyone, so they should always be corrected.

Be as polite about it as possible - even the best dealers make dumb mistakes when they're overworked and exhausted. But it's definitely a good idea to point out these mistakes.

In a tournament these types of mistakes affect everyone, so they should always be corrected.
I was playing the Roundup Tournament in Pendleton OR (One of the bigger events in PNW). About 80 tables going, and our dealer was the worst I've ever seen. We maybe got 4 hands every 20 minutes. At one point, a player starts trolling the dealer and tosses out a Straddle...

She yells "liveeeee straddle" and fucking enforces it on the hand. Finally two of us went to the director and had her removed. We had 7-8 hands over an hour and it was the most painful game ever.

When a dealer is bad, you have to make it known to the floor because maybe the next time the mistake will affect you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom