Sioux City, IA 11/16-18 Suggestions (1 Viewer)

HeWhoWouldPun

Straight
Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I would turn to the collective knowledge of this forum for some off-topic advice. I am headed to Sioux City, IA for a few days and will have a few hours of free time on Thursday afternoon 11/16, Friday evening 11/17, and Saturday morning 11/18.

Are there any things that I should try to do while there to get an idea of what the area is really like? Any local food places I should try to visit? Any horror stories on why I should never consider living there? Or, any good stories to promote the area?

I know the Hard Rock is there so I might tempt fate a little with blackjack or craps. Local breweries aren't my thing as I don't drink. I will be staying downtown and ridesharing to get around.

Thanks for any advice.

Sorry, I cannot help, but I grew up there and don't see Sioux City referenced too often. My in-laws still live there, but I haven't been back in years but would take a lot for me to consider to move back. If triangle is the Raleigh area, that would be a high hurdle - daughter went to NCSU and lives in Chapel Hill.

If you are looking to move there, I could poke around a bit.

Sorry, I cannot help, but I grew up there and don't see Sioux City referenced too often. My in-laws still live there, but I haven't been back in years but would take a lot for me to consider to move back. If triangle is the Raleigh area, that would be a high hurdle - daughter went to NCSU and lives in Chapel Hill.

If you are looking to move there, I could poke around a bit.
Thanks for the response. This trip is for an interview but given how medical residencies work, I won't know if I have to move until mid-March. I think it is telling that it would take a lot for you to move back. That nugget is something I will keep in the back of mind when ranking programs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom