Show off your Lawn! (2 Viewers)

Copper44

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Didn’t see any type of thread for this, maybe chippers aren’t crazy about lawns like me lol. With Covid-19 I have had a lot more time looking at my lawn this year. Have been able to get certain spots looking good, got a ways to go though!

So let’s see those lawns!

D40B8F2B-1E1A-4002-87A3-39EA221ACC14.jpeg

I put fertilizer with iron on mine today. I’ll post something in a week.

Caring about my lawn was a personal milestone where I realized I’m getting older.

Also today I wanted to go to Lowe’s and buy a rain gauge.

I put fertilizer with iron on mine today. I’ll post something in a week.

Caring about my lawn was a personal milestone where I realized I’m getting older.

Also today I wanted to go to Lowe’s and buy a rain gauge.

We are forecasted for 4.5 inches of rain by Monday night here, not good..

The last time I had lawn areas like that, in south Jersey, I threw in the towel and covered the "lawn"area with six inch deep stones.

Now that we're retired in Florida, our neighborhood is supposedly "maintenance free". All zoysia grass, and it's not my problem. As far as I'm concerned, my lawn is blue:

Sunset11.jpg

Here's a picture to make everyone feel better about the state of their lawns. My front "lawn" is really just a strip of grass between driveways. This is the back of the house. North facing and heavy tree cover = no sun for growing grass. My neighbor keeps trying though (his is the patch of green behind the rock line).

What you can't appreciate is the 4 feet drop down a few feet from the deck 4x4s. I'm not sure where exactly the property line is but the rest of what is visible is designated game land as well as a flood plane with a creek running through it. Very happy to be in the middle of a city and have green space that won't be developed.

Back yard resize.jpg

@davin wow! Nice lines. Even got the reel mower going on.
Yeah i have a C-27 Trucut, same one they use on the putting greens here in hawaii, my backyard overlooks a hole 3 , which is a par 3, ill find a photo soon. We are only allowed to use Zoysia grass due to being next to the course. I currently have El Toro Zoysia

i alternate fertilizer, i found that BEST 24-4-9 is the my go to fertilizer, but i alternate it so the lawn stays fed. its like humans we don't want to eat the same thing every day.

I'm gonna have to try this out. I've had a major nutsedge problem for the past 2 years and can't seem to conquer it

Nutsedge can be a major pain, usually will take 2-3 sprayings. Use a surfactant in your mix, you can find this at Tractor Supply or use a bit of baby shampoo.

Im guessing the really cold weather there practically “burns” it even when healthy correct?

One can grow nice lawns here, by the end of June it could look pretty good with enough water, but I'm too cheap to water it much. Our soil is also quite sandy, and it was never landscaped correctly prior to us buying.

I'll try to remember to post more pictures further into the summer, though if the trend holds we won't be getting much for rain and it will look only a little better.

Nutsedge can be a major pain, usually will take 2-3 sprayings. Use a surfactant in your mix, you can find this at Tractor Supply or use a bit of baby shampoo.
look into Sedgehammer Herbicide

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom