Should I start again??? (1 Viewer)

Chipman22

High Hand
Reaction score
Hi all,

So at the moment I currently have a set of GENUINE Portugal pokerstars csrmainc chips. 1020 of them. This is a tournament set.

I'm seriously considering buying a 500 chip set of Pharaohs CC as a cash game set
200x25c
200x1s
100x5s
First question.. That a good set to have???

But then a few days ago I ordered a sample set of the atlanta hotstamp from CPC and I just got them today.
Oh they are nice... And now I'm considering selling my ceramics to fund a tournament set of the atlanta hot stamps
Second question.. Should I do it?

The pictures show the pokerstar ceramics/atlanta hot stamps/Pharaohs CC

Attachments

• IMG_20200308_063422.jpg
    IMG_20200308_063422.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 201
  • Screenshot_20200308_064448.jpg
    Screenshot_20200308_064448.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 203
  • Screenshot_20200308_064535.jpg
    Screenshot_20200308_064535.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 187
What is the chip breakdown of the EPT Portugal set? May be interested in buying depending on the breakdown and price.

The CPC Atlantic Club chips are awesome! I wouldn't regret pulling the trigger on those!

The CPC’s are nice upgrade but much more expensive. Ceramic chips don’t usually sell for very much around here. Not sure how big of a set of CPC’s you need but you will most likely need to come up a decent amount of extra cash to buy them.

Looking forward to seeing pics of the new set! :D

Hi Chipman! Welcome to the site!

I'm seriously considering buying a 500 chip set of Pharaohs CC as a cash game set
200x25c
200x1s
100x5s

Yes, if you've sampled and love them, go for it. But seems you've had a taste of CPC goodness, and I would absolutely suggest you opt for CPC. I have 800 and they are my main tourney chip!

I dislike how slippery CCs are in general. Can't tell you how much I dislike the exploding barrels effect and then there is the "smelly foot" odor. Totally off-putting, YMMV!

My question to you is, what do you want with 200 fracs ($0.25s)? You could do better with a break down of 100/200/200, or 120/180/200, or 120/200/180. Just sayin, it seems a bit high for the fracs. I'm still a noob and I have no clue as to what game you spread or how many players you host.

But then a few days ago I ordered a sample set of the atlanta hotstamp from CPC and I just got them today.
Oh they are nice... And now I'm considering selling my ceramics to fund a tournament set of the atlanta hot stamps

Well done sir! You sampled a great chip there and that's why you want them.

Yes, you should do it! CPC is awesome!

Hi all,

So at the moment I currently have a set of GENUINE Portugal pokerstars csrmainc chips. 1020 of them. This is a tournament set.

200x25c
200x1s
100x5s

The pictures show the pokerstar ceramics/atlanta hot stamps/Pharaohs CC
For the cash set, get samples (preferably of a few different options at a few different price points). Asking other people whether you will like something will get you a lot of conflicting answers, as will asking other people whether something is good or not. Only you can say whether you like them or not, and that is really the only thing that matters. And "good" is subject to a lot of considerations, including your budget, experience, long term goals, etc. China Clays have some good and not so good points (do a search), and there are lots of different options in that price range. Whether the Pharaohs are the best of that lot is again up to you.

The breakdown seems a bit off. Depending on your stakes, 100/200/200 or 150/200/150 may (or may not) make more sense, and you may even want a few $25 chips for growth.

For the tournament set, CPC in general are well regarded for quality. If you are going that route you have the option to spend a bit more and have them a bit more customized (edge spots, custom hot stamp or inlay, etc.). But the set you have is fairly unique and pretty sweet (for those who like ceramics), and there is a jump in price for CPC (as well as a completely different look and feel), so make sure that's really what you want before committing yourself, otherwise you may be regretting the decision down the road. Again, only you can say whether the move is right for you.

For the cash set, get samples (preferably of a few different options at a few different price points). Asking other people whether you will like something will get you a lot of conflicting answers, as will asking other people whether something is good or not. Only you can say whether you like them or not, and that is really the only thing that matters. And "good" is subject to a lot of considerations, including your budget, experience, long term goals, etc. China Clays have some good and not so good points (do a search), and there are lots of different options in that price range. Whether the Pharaohs are the best of that lot is again up to you.

The breakdown seems a bit off. Depending on your stakes, 100/200/200 or 150/200/150 may (or may not) make more sense, and you may even want a few $25 chips for growth.

For the tournament set, CPC in general are well regarded for quality. If you are going that route you have the option to spend a bit more and have them a bit more customized (edge spots, custom hot stamp or inlay, etc.). But the set you have is fairly unique and pretty sweet (for those who like ceramics), and there is a jump in price for CPC (as well as a completely different look and feel), so make sure that's really what you want before committing yourself, otherwise you may be regretting the decision down the road. Again, only you can say whether the move is right for you.
I assumed my breakdown would work for 25/50 blinds and to slowly increase to 50/1 then finally 1/2

Or would a chip set of 200/200/200 with an extra 20 $25 chips so 620 in total

What is the chip breakdown of the EPT Portugal set? May be interested in buying depending on the breakdown and price.

The CPC Atlantic Club chips are awesome! I wouldn't regret pulling the trigger on those!

25 x 200
100 x 300
500 x 100
1000 x 200
5000 x 200
25000 x 20

or 150/200/150

dont do 150. Been there done that. You won't sleep well with the uneven barrels. Just sayin

i had to do an order of top ups from CPC because when I ordered, I did this, 175, 150, 145, it was stupid.

YMMV but I think you'll regret it later.

I assumed my breakdown would work for 25/50 blinds and to slowly increase to 50/1 then finally 1/2

Here is an excellent thread for working out how many of each chip for cash games. Note that some people like having lots of fracs on the table, while others prefer to limit the number of fracs and concentrate on having more "workhorse" chips.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ut-a-cash-game-chip-set-5c-10c-to-5-10.30897/

dont do 150. Been there done that. You won't sleep well with the uneven barrels. Just sayin

i had to do an order of top ups from CPC because when I ordered, I did this, 175, 150, 145, it was stupid.

YMMV but I think you'll regret it later.

Unfortunately the CC's (and most other budget chips) only come in multiples of 25, so the OCD may be tilted a little in order to come up with a workable breakdown. If you want even barrels, you may need to order a few more than you need and put the spares in a drawer somewhere.

Not so much of an issue with CPC or most Paulson sets in the classifieds, as with the former you can order whatever you want (as long as you meet the average minimum chips per order), and the latter are usually sold by the rack or barrel in the classifieds.

I would prefer a custom set, but those can be quite a bit more in cost. also prefer spots to solids. are the pokerstars chips chipcos or some other ceramic manufacturer?

25 x 200
100 x 300
500 x 100
1000 x 200
5000 x 200
25000 x 20
Neat. I'll be around if you decide to sell!

Unfortunately the CC's (and most other budget chips) only come in multiples of 25

Lame! I did not know that, thanks for clarification Bart. Never went down the CC road, except for a couple completed sets I bought second hand. I suppose you gotta order in terms of racks then. MOAR:tup::D

Not so much of an issue with CPC or most Paulson sets in the classifieds, as with the former you can order whatever you want (as long as you meet the average minimum chips per order), and the latter are usually sold by the rack or barrel in the classifieds.
I ordered pretty dumb amounts from CPC despite this. I had no idea what I was doing. Probably still don't, but I do know MOAR chips. This approach to buying helps make up for my idiocy with respect to required breakdowns for my respective home games.

Why are your blinds progressing in a cash game?

The breakdown you need for cash depends only on your blinds, the number of players and typical initial buy-in amount, and how much bank you need to cover all the money that is going to come out for the night, plus a bit of a buffer as the games grow.

Why are your blinds progressing in a cash game?

The breakdown you need for cash depends only on your blinds, the number of players and typical initial buy-in amount, and how much bank you need to cover all the money that is going to come out for the night, plus a bit of a buffer as the games grow.
I think he means that as his group gets more adventurous and wants to start playing with bigger blinds/buy ins, then the stakes would increase (not in the same game, but in the future), so he wants a set that would handle that. Or I could be wrong, and he is playing tournament cash games????

I think he means that as his group gets more adventurous and wants to start playing with bigger blinds/buy ins, then the stakes would increase (not in the same game, but in the future), so he wants a set that would handle that. Or I could be wrong, and he is playing tournament cash games????

Well, if that's the case, then keep your 0.25 chips to a maximum of 1 rack. Focus on your $1 and especially $5 since they will be your workhorses. Add some $25 for colour.

I would prefer a custom set, but those can be quite a bit more in cost. also prefer spots to solids. are the pokerstars chips chipcos or some other ceramic manufacturer?
Unsure. But they are the genuine set. Ones actually used in the tournament. Not a replica you find on eBay etc

You hit the nail on the head.
We increase blinds when we're feeling adventurous but this is usually in seperate games. Very rarely we will play tournament cash games

Or I could be wrong, and he is playing tournament cash games????
Very rarely we will play tournament cash games
I was attempting a bit of humor (poorly, apparently). There are cash games, and there are tournaments, but to my knowledge there is no such thing as a tournament cash game. That would be an interesting mix indeed, with increasing blinds like a tournament, but with the amounts of chips on the table equal to actual cash invested (presumably thousands in order to accomodate the rising blinds) and the ability to rebuy or top up at any time in the game, and presumably playing winner take all (once everybody is truly broke and unable or unwilling to put more money in) rather than a shared prize structure. Has anybody ever attempted this, and if so, how did it work out?

I was attempting a bit of humor (poorly, apparently). There are cash games, and there are tournaments, but to my knowledge there is no such thing as a tournament cash game. That would be an interesting mix indeed, with increasing blinds like a tournament, but with the amounts of chips on the table equal to actual cash invested (presumably thousands in order to accomodate the rising blinds) and the ability to rebuy or top up at any time in the game, and presumably playing winner take all (once everybody is truly broke and unable or unwilling to put more money in) rather than a shared prize structure. Has anybody ever attempted this, and if so, how did it work out?
We play like this sometimes.
Our chips represent real money values and blinds for from 25p/50p all they way up to £2/£4

At that point the people still playing have a decent amount of miney won.
Can rebuy at any point minimum £25 there is no limit to how much you can buy in and no limit to how many times.
And because we are all poor people it works really well.
We have never to this day got to £2/£4

Lol

We play like this sometimes.
Our chips represent real money values and blinds for from 25p/50p all they way up to £2/£4

At that point the people still playing have a decent amount of miney won.
Can rebuy at any point minimum £25 there is no limit to how much you can buy in and no limit to how many times.
And because we are all poor people it works really well.
We have never to this day got to £2/£4

Lol

What do you estimate is the maximum amount of money that has been represented on the table at one time? Make sure your bank covers this, plus an extra 50-100%. It's not as expensive a proposition as most think, as you can cover this "fudge factor" all with a few high-denom chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom