Shame on me for not 3! pre: KJs on BN (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Fortunately this is my worst losing hand of the session and I think I made a few mistakes here.

HJ RFI 3BB and Hero calls on BN. I should have 3! this hand 100% here. Ugh.
At least this hand plays well multi-way and I have position.

1642198736459.png

Then I decide to let flop X through. Middle pair with the backdoor non-nut flush draw. I think I'm marginally OK with this X multi-way.

1642198813821.png

Turn straightens the board and HJ bets 2/3 pot. I call with middle pair and a straight draw.

1642198932314.png

River is a blank and V fires again. I dont think he has AK; his range was uncapped on the flop but letting that X around with AK, AA, KK takes those cards out IMHO.
Maybe he takes this line with K9 / JT / TT, etc. I couldnt find a call at this price.
Will be interesting to D/L the hand tomorrow to see the bluff. :(
Shame on me for not 3! pre.

1642199036374.png

And turn is a pure fold. Makes sense with a player behind me, the connectedness of the board and he's betting into 2 players.
Two mistakes this hand. Only real brain fart of the session and up another BI over 291 hands.
EDIT: thinking about this some more - my J has little value IMHO as a pair of jacks isnt likely good here and even if I make tripps I only have a medium strength hand. Maybe an OK call HUP IP but not multiway.

1642199428618.png

Last edited:
I keep thinking that if you had bet the flop with a good size bet, everyone would have folded, or you would have known if you were behind.

As it was, V probably thought you had air on the turn, and his aggression gave him the pot that might have been yours.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom