Seems like a deal for these... (4 Viewers)

longflop

Flush
Reaction score
I've got two tables that seat 18 for my monthly poker games. I've got 6 nice high back chairs, but the rest are just folding metal. I found this on craigslist.

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/for/d/100-plus-catering-chairs/6384390096.html

It looks like I should be about to get them for $8 per chair. What do you guys think? Should I hold out for a better chair at a similar price? Looks like a solid chair.

Either would be an upgrade from folding chairs, but for the price I'd hold out for better. It's been my experience that a flex back chair and at least three inches of foam I'd what you'd want. I found 20 year old Gasser Chairs on Craigslist for $20 each. Light years better than the folding chairs I used prior. These have 4" foam seats and even after 6 hours no sore or numb ass. The flex back is nice as well. Ugly as shit, but comfy. (y) :thumbsup:
20160206_123600.jpg

That would be ideal. I don't care about the looks, and I don't think the guys do either. The goal is always to avoid the numb ass.

A question I forgot to ask, are those stackable? That is a big need for space reasons.When games aren't played, the poker room gets converted back to guest room/play room.

A question I forgot to ask, are those stackable? That is a big need for space reasons.When games aren't played, the poker room gets converted back to guest room/play room.
Yes - I stack them 5 high.

I've got 6 nice high back chairs, but the rest are just folding metal. I found this on craigslist. ... Should I hold out for a better chair at a similar price?

Either would be an upgrade from folding chairs, but for the price I'd hold out for better. It's been my experience that a flex back chair and at least three inches of foam I'd what you'd want. I found 20 year old Gasser Chairs on Craigslist for $20 each. Light years better than the folding chairs I used prior. These have 4" foam seats and even after 6 hours no sore or numb ass. The flex back is nice as well. Ugly as shit, but comfy.

that's huge, now I know what I am looking for. I'm gonna hold out for the good ones.

Found a great deal. ... not sure about the flex back, but for this price I'm taking a flier. Picking them up tomorrow.

00G0G_7mH1oqtfAyy_1200x900.jpg

giphy.gif

How many did you get, and are there any still available?
I want to get a dozen. the guy just emailed me saying that they ran out of the blue and white chairs and all they have left is blue and brown. I don't really care about color as long as they are in decent shape and comfortable. I'm supposed to pick them up at 1, I'll let you know how many they have left.

I want to get a dozen. the guy just emailed me saying that they ran out of the blue and white chairs and all they have left is blue and brown. I don't really care about color as long as they are in decent shape and comfortable. I'm supposed to pick them up at 1, I'll let you know how many they have left.

awesome, and thank you very much.

Mark

How many do you need? I could give the guy a heads up that someone might get in touch with him.

... 20 ish....

I like the ones that have more cushion on them (in the right of the picture). if they have the metal on the sides, like the ones on the left, I would think they would be uncomfortable.

... 20 ish....

I like the ones that have more cushion on them (in the right of the picture). if they have the metal on the sides, like the ones on the left, I would think they would be uncomfortable.
Those are my thoughts exactly. Hopefully I'm not driving down there for nothing.

in true craigslist fashion the guy didn't respond until about 10 that night when he told me that they were all gone.

Still on the hun!

Saw these today... They're not Gasser's... They're also located in NJ but come up on Detroit craigslist.

View attachment 147977

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/fuo/d/burgundy-metal-frame/6465588380.html

$22 each, padding not nearly 4", not flex back. A decent looking chair, but not much for the price. And keeping them clean could be a problem.
I saw those too, they came up on the Baltimore craigslist. that looked similar to the chair I was going to get, but I was going to get them for $5 per chair. $60 for 12 chairs allows them to be a stopgap until I find a better chair.

I saw those and they would be comfortable, but when its not poker night, the room converts back to the guest bedroom, so I need whatever chairs I get to be stackable. Tables fold up and chairs get stacked and I don't get divorced.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom