Cash Game SCROTUM angle shoot? (2 Viewers)

Was this an angle?

• Yes, angle

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Not an angle

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters

timinater

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Here is the situation as told to me:

I had QQ, and led UTG preflop. Four calls. Flopped the Q. Bet. Two calls. Turns pairs the board. Bet, only Tyler calls. River misses the flush draw. I have two cards.

Check to Ty, he bets, I “tank” and then say you have three cards right?he spreads four, which I knew was what he had. I say “oh really? Then pot”.

For him to bet, he has to have a flush or boat with four cards. But if I thought he had three cards, that’s telling him I was worried about the pair on the board being a set for him. Which makes his hand good.

The oh really bet looks like a missed flush steal. And while a boat is in my range (he actually called QQ), that bit of lying made him think I was on the low end of my range.

He even said as much.

So, is pretending you didn’t know how many cards someone was playing in this circumstance an angle or not?

edit: to clarify the question.

Last edited:
We declare how many cards we’re playing and it’s information you are entitled to but we aren’t really strict on fanning cards.

I don't know if its angle shooting. If your doing that at a home game with friends it would feel dirty.

As far as I recall I don’t believe Tyler was disguising his hand. I think the fanning was just to make it extra clear.

QQ says as much, that he’s clear/certain on how many cards Tyler is playing.

Op is asking if the guy telling the story was angling by asking if Tyler was playing 3 cards when in fact he knew Tyler had 4. It has nothing to do with Tyler spreading his cards

IMHO the player is angling himself and really doesn't understand scrotum at all. As @BGinGA states, playing a pair is suicide. Trying to represent a 'missed flush' on a paired board against someone playing 4 is just silly. Dude could be up against a bigger boat, quads, a straight flush or even the royal flush. No one who has any clue is calling the pot bet with less than a boat.

Thanks for the thoughts on the hand... nobody is proclaiming to be scrotum whisperers over here. Just some buds playing some mixed games and having a few beverages.

We didn’t reach a consensus on an if this was an angle or not so this was just a temperature check for us on whether this constitutes an angle. Appreciate the responses thus far.

Since this isn’t a strat thread, I think we can put to rest the discussion about the merits of playing QQ here.

Did you jam after your speech? If so I think you did villain a favor. If he if ignored it and called anyway that's on him.

If this is an angle it's a very small one. I don't see this really as any different than heads up table banter. Similar to saying something like "can you beat a full house?" after being raised and trying to get a physical reaction from the player. Simply some speech play or light bluffing.

Playing KK or QQ in Scrotum isn't ideal.

Playing in Scrotum 8 is not as bad. (not saying its great though)

"It gets down to what its all about doesn't it, making the wrong move at the right time..."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom