Rounders & Chesterfield............. (3 Viewers)

Out of curiosity, what are we looking at timeline-wise in terms of a potential pre-order for a set of these?

Well, go as they were. You wanted replicas so they should be as close to original as possible. Not like a Rounders chips. Who knows difference between movie chips and CPC REPLICAS?

the movie chips were done on the Roman Mold (now lost to the world for all eternity), while the replicas are offered on two different molds, CSQ and Scroll.

the movie chips were done on the Roman Mold (now lost to the world for all eternity), while the replicas are offered on two different molds, CSQ and Scroll.
The bear....

The bear....

The bear on the Rounders movie chips and the CPC replicas is the same. Unless you're talking about the replica set from Adam Savage? Those were done on the same mold as the movie chips, but the bear was flipped around.

The bear on the Rounders movie chips and the CPC replicas is the same. Unless you're talking about the replica set from Adam Savage? Those were done on the same mold as the movie chips, but the bear was flipped around.
Aparently you know more than I do. I stand corrected.....

One of the issues is that there are no companies still in existence with the tooling to produce a mold.
Some more recent enquiries indicated the cost could be 2-3 times what we first thought. Just not feasible.
Does this mean there will never be new molds? After the current molds reach their life expectancy it will be ”game over” and no more CPC?

Does this mean there will never be new molds? After the current molds reach their life expectancy it will be ”game over” and no more CPC?

No, there probably won't be. I don't see any life expectancy issues in the near future though.
As it is a lot of factory time is lost during mold installation. 19 molds is quite enough to handle.

Two lines through the dollar sign would work to distinguish old vs. new. Similar difference to Adam’s KGB chips. No so pronounced that it makes it look odd but a way to make sure they are not misrepresented.

Just a thought

Two lines through the dollar sign would work to distinguish old vs. new. Similar difference to Adam’s KGB chips. No so pronounced that it makes it look odd but a way to make sure they are not misrepresented.

Just a thought

Adam’s chips have the bear facing in the opposite direction so it’s really obvious they are not original.
Given you can barely see the dollar sign on some of the denoms such a small change would go unnoticed by many.
That’s pretty dangerous given the originals still sell for up to $100 a chip.

Given you can barely see the dollar sign on some of the denoms such a small change would go unnoticed by many.
Change it to a yen symbol and I bet people will notice (with pitchforks in hand).

For the record, I’m not actually advocating for such a change and I have no skin in the game.

I suggest that anyone else who mentions Roman in this thread pays a fine to charity :)
Hmm.. I just thought , that floral mold you have, that may "one day" become an option, like the E&C mold did, kind of looks very similar to the Roman Mold, & would make a good substitute ..... :)

Pic originally from a post from @mike32 :

88888888888888888888888888888888888888.JPG

Hmm.. I just thought , that floral mold you have, that may "one day" become an option, like the E&C mold did, kind of looks very similar to the Roman Mold, & would make a good substitute ..... :)

View attachment 393366

I bet they will never let me use it. They expect me to store it for them though. Should have suggested either a storage fee or free use.

View attachment 393366

Wow... that looks awesome.

If that mold became live it might mean I’m building a 3rd cpc set!

Website says:
ROUNDERS CHESTERFIELD REPLICA INLAID PLAIN MOLD CHIPS
PRE-ORDERS!! - First production run expected to start May 2020. Order now to guarantee chips from the first run.
That says when the run will start. It will probably take 6 weeks. Plus any custom variations. That's why I said June.

I just noticed that these are 1" inlays. Even better. Can't wait to get them!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom