Rounders & Chesterfield............. (2 Viewers)

I know but possible fundraising option. Especially with Hollywood desires and pockets.
One of the issues is that there are no companies still in existence with the tooling to produce a mold.
Some more recent enquiries indicated the cost could be 2-3 times what we first thought. Just not feasible.

There should be a Chesterfield Club hot stamp tourney set to go along with the cash set :whistle: :whistling:

Personally I would stick as close to the original as possible with minimal changes so either change the denom colour or maybe make the green diamond in the logo blue (or both):
1577727184011.png

One of the issues is that there are no companies still in existence with the tooling to produce a mold.
Some more recent enquiries indicated the cost could be 2-3 times what we first thought. Just not feasible.

See if Adam wants an addon then tell him what is needed to get the Roman mold back in service. ;)

Personally I would stick as close to the original as possible with minimal changes so either change the denom colour or maybe make the green diamond in the logo blue (or both):
View attachment 385872
So far I like this idea the best. It keeps the number of colors consistent. I feel it looks more like the original than when changing the denom color.

On a less serious note, you could remove the logo and text altogether and replace it with a bear. Nothing says "Rounders" like a bear.

Hasn't existed for 10 years.

But is it possible? If I remember correctly you still have the mold but it has a high lack of production. An old school Rounders set on the Roman mold would be great even it would be more expensive than the standard molds.

Would be my second choice as well, but looks like there is a lot of interest for the plain mold to keep it as close as possible to the original.

But is it possible? If I remember correctly you still have the mold but it has a high lack of production. An old school Rounders set on the Roman mold would be great even it would be more expensive than the standard molds.

Would be my second choice as well, but looks like there is a lot of interest for the plain mold to keep it as close as possible to the original.

EVERY cup in the mold has completely worn out and the centers have collapsed. The hob and master dies don't exist anymore.
I repeat it is TOTALLY UNFEASIBLE. To recreate from scratch, in hardened machine steel, even if you could find a manufacturer, you are talking $60k and up + the extra $15k worth of stuff that has to go with the cups to make a mold. Then the weeks of lost factory time setting it up and testing it, maybe another $20k cost.
This is hardened machine steel, not something that can be cast or CNC cut. Nothing else will withstand the temperature and pressure needed to extract every last micron of moisture out of the clay. (well maybe the stuff they build space rockets out of would)

You also have to remember we run at 100% capacity. Anything produced on a new mold is at the expense of another order on a different mold. To stand a chance of getting your money back the chips would have to be $20 each :)

UPDATE

We've done some more mockups and talked to some of the people that expressed interest.
The denom color change doesn't work. I've shown it in black and green on the $500 and it's not good.
No-one wants the colors of anything else changed.
So I've come up with 2 options.
Original artwork on Jockey mold
Original artwork less denom symbols on the original plain mold.

mockup3.jpg
mockup1.jpg
mockup2.jpg

Unless there was sufficient demand for full sets it would be a non-starter.
When I've made the final choices I plan to put them on the website with a 2 or 3 month window for advance orders (with deposit).
If there is sufficient demand we go ahead.
After that if people want their own custom varieties at full prices that's fine, just like the bears.

EVERY cup in the mold has completely worn out and the centers have collapsed. The hob and master dies don't exist anymore.
I repeat it is TOTALLY UNFEASIBLE. To recreate from scratch, in hardened machine steel, even if you could find a manufacturer, you are talking $60k and up + the extra $15k worth of stuff that has to go with the cups to make a mold. Then the weeks of lost factory time setting it up and testing it, maybe another $20k cost.
This is hardened machine steel, not something that can be cast or CNC cut. Nothing else will withstand the temperature and pressure needed to extract every last micron of moisture out of the clay. (well maybe the stuff they build space rockets out of would)
You also have to remember we run at 100% capacity. Anything produced on a new mold is at the expense of another order on a different mold. To stand a chance of getting your money back the chips would have to be $20 each :)

Maybe I am wrong, but this sounds like a NO to me regarding to the roman mold. :cautious::watching: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Love this thread and could be very interested in a Chesterfield set. Now, how about Swan Meadow?

Just threw this on Netflix to catch a better look at these, since I’d really only paid attention to KGB’s chips in the past.

So damn clean. Plain mold or bust, in my (worthless) opinion.

View attachment 388432

How come it looks like there is no '$' symbol on those chips?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom