Rounders & Chesterfield............. (2 Viewers)

David Spragg

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I know some of you are already aware, but this youtube video went viral over Xmas and has resulted in considerable demand for the Rounders stock chips.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtarhjRLx30&list=PLsCVIuzusv1WSpF0BE8nfUprFGw86EUXf&index=94&t=299s

I realise now why Adam says what he does about the 'manufacturer'. He ordered through 3rd party pokerchips.com who were obviously not going to give out ASM's details.

Anyway, there have been a number of enquiries about the counterpart Chesterfield chips. We would never replicate them exactly but I'm looking at possible options.
Below is the original design (exception being original $1's were bright white which was only about as bright as our regular white is now).
Also shown is the original design on the unobtrusive jockey mold as an option, and also the $1 with color change on the denom (done crudely by me) on the original plain mold.

Opinions welcome, I may or may not answer them :)

Chesterfieldmockup.png

^^^ This. Just remove the center decorations, slap on the new denom, artwork done!

I have 3 sets of Galaxy KEMs. I believe that is one of the rarest and least recognizable patterns of Kem cards but they made to the movie. They are seen in scene where Worm plays against two Russian mobsters in Chesterfield Club. Teddy used Arrow pattern and that's why they become so highly recognizable.

Attachments

• Vintage-Kem-Playing-Cards-Wide-2.jpg
    Vintage-Kem-Playing-Cards-Wide-2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 295
Considering chip design... I like them but think about removing green square from lable... I belive that would let's say crisp view of denomination.

I think most people are missing the point.
The top set shown is the mockup for the movie props. I'm not entertaining color or denom changes as people have asked for as close as possible to the originals.
If we go ahead with something then people could always make custom orders as they do for Rounders. A 25c and maybe $1000 could be added. Hardly anyone orders the Rounders 50c and $5,000 so I wouldn't bother with those initially.

What about using the textured plain mold and adding some text under the denom on the original art? Maybe CPC like how they add BJ to Bud Jones chips, or CC for Chesterfield Club, or the year the movie was made?

25v1.png
25v2.png
25v3.png

What about using the textured plain mold and adding some text under the denom on the original art? Maybe CPC like how they add BJ to Bud Jones chips, or CC for Chesterfield Club, or the year the movie was made?

View attachment 385718View attachment 385719View attachment 385720
Too close to the original, there was a promise we would never do that.
Everyone who expressed an interest wanted the design untouched except for a color change if necessary.

Everyone who expressed an interest wanted the design untouched except for a color change if necessary.
I thought the example of black denoms you posted looked good.

Someone above mentioned green denoms. I'd have to see it to know for sure, but I'm thinking that might be a little too Christmasy.

I would say the artwork is more important than the mold? Jockey for the win!
I'm contemplating 2 options.
Both molds are at least a few months out so I could open up pre-orders on both and see what the interest is, then decide.

This:
Plain textured mold gets my vote.
And this:
I thought the example of black denoms you posted looked good.

As much as I like the jockey mold, I'd want a personal set of tribute Chesterfields to be as authentic as possible -- meaning plain mold with black denoms (since red would be a no-go).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom